Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna buggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 08:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)

A guy last night had an 8e and it looked pretty nice until he couldn't finish a race with it lol it broke every race. But I think he was a little rough with it as he is kind I new. It would probably be an okay buggy though for someone who is lookin to get into 1/8 e buggy. It actually looked pretty nice. I would be hesitant to get an ofna product though. I compare ofna to traxxas. Kind of for bashing an not really competitive racing.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a Nexx8 and it's a very good buggy for the money. Im running a SpeedPassion ESC with a 1900Kv castle motor and runs very smooth at the track. I've never had anything break while racing and is very reliable for me. I sometimes bash with it and the only thing i've needed to replace is the front tower. For racing you shouldnt have any problems running it stock with some good tires. A steel spur gear is good to get but as long as you have the mesh right you wont have a problem.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Well After club racing for a few weeks and placing 3rd overall with my Ofna buggy8E, I'm very impressed with it. Price is great, very durable. Only thing I have broken is shock ball ends, I got a pack of losi ones that work great. Other than random screws/hardware coming loose (typical racing stuff IMO) For the money I'm loving this buggy.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Well i decided to go with the Caster Racing EX-1.5R. Got it for good price! Very good buggy with a similar lay out as the 8e. Very durable, handles great parts are easy to get and are very inexpensive. Check it out at casterracingusa.com. If you run one dont think you would be disappointed.