Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

How much narrower is the new chassis with the side guards?
Old 09-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

whats the logic behind using old bodies on a new design car? i read this and literally just tried it with ftw exabyte body and bulldog body. . the old bodies do not fit at all, they are off the side by quite a bit.. besides the new body with its new design is alot better for many reasons i feel.. one being the fin. it actually works lol

Last edited by JasonR/C; 09-10-2013 at 11:46 PM. Reason: edit
Old 09-11-2013, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
If you are running outdoor, you want to go down 5-7.5 wt front and rear with the car. You will also want to play with droop some and of course camber.
From the kit setup you would want to go down that much running outdoors?
Just trying to get everything straightened out, I'm picking one up tonight. Switching over from a serpent, so this will be a new animal. Although if it drives anything like my SCTE 2.0 I don't think I will be disappointed. Nothing like a new car right before a big race this weekend. lol
Old 09-11-2013, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Tyler ran his converted 3.0 at Clash in Mississippi this past weekend and could run with the new car. Everyone says the new actual Ebuggy is better so I hope he is even faster now with the new car. We should of had it down there but our order got messed up and it showed up the day we got to the Clash at home. Started the build last night and car is just as good as every TLR vehicle!!
Old 09-11-2013, 09:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

I just got my kit and reading the instructions, it appears to come with a 43T spur.

What is the largest MOD1 spur that will fit without raising the diff mounts or milling on the chassis?
Old 09-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

A lot of people like myself have had issues with the turnbuckles being stiff. J.R. Mitch looked at mine this weekend at the Clash and said that's too tight and then walked over and grabbed a big pair of pliers and said "squeeze the rod ends with these". I then took them off and the ball was tight and so I squeezed the rod end with the ball still in there and "presto" instantly free and loose. He said Gil Losi showed him that years ago.

Go try to roll your turnbuckles back and forth on the car and see if it feels free or not. All the ones at the Clash were tight even after all the practices and heats. I'd use pliers that don't have teeth so your ball ends don't get raggedy.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djbclk430
The dimensions are different but I have a 2.0 pro line bulldog body newer one and it fit right on no problems, stock body fits nice and tight so no air gets under body but 2.0 will fit
Thanks man. I thought I ordered a body that I would not be able to use.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta_man
I just got my kit and reading the instructions, it appears to come with a 43T spur.

What is the largest MOD1 spur that will fit without raising the diff mounts or milling on the chassis?
The largest that will fit is the 45T. We did it that way so those that wanted to run a metal spur could get the 45T metal spur.

Originally Posted by big chris
A lot of people like myself have had issues with the turnbuckles being stiff. J.R. Mitch looked at mine this weekend at the Clash and said that's too tight and then walked over and grabbed a big pair of pliers and said "squeeze the rod ends with these". I then took them off and the ball was tight and so I squeezed the rod end with the ball still in there and "presto" instantly free and loose. He said Gil Losi showed him that years ago.

Go try to roll your turnbuckles back and forth on the car and see if it feels free or not. All the ones at the Clash were tight even after all the practices and heats. I'd use pliers that don't have teeth so your ball ends don't get raggedy.
This is an old school trick and one I have used many times in life. The ends will free up in time but squeezing them will also take care of that right away.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hacker07
If you are running outdoor, you want to go down 5-7.5 wt front and rear with the car. You will also want to play with droop some and of course camber.
Do you recommend staying with the stock 5 hole pistons then? I tried 37.5/8x1.2 in the front and 30/1.2,1.3 in the back and the buggy was pretty loose.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slow
Do you recommend staying with the stock 5 hole pistons then? I tried 37.5/8x1.2 in the front and 30/1.2,1.3 in the back and the buggy was pretty loose.
You can try both. I guess I should go play at rev some with Adam and get an outdoor setup, or if someone finds one, share it with the group
Old 09-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by big chris

Thanks, thats good info right there! 8)-
Also noticed the hinge pins were free until I put the droop screw in, ran a drill bit through to free it up.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

My Rod ends were locked up tight as could be and handling was horrible of course. I thought that they would break in after a run or two but I had to do the same thing with the pliers. Doesn't make sense as my nitro ones are free as can be.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djbclk430
The dimensions are different but I have a 2.0 pro line bulldog body newer one and it fit right on no problems, stock body fits nice and tight so no air gets under body but 2.0 will fit
so will the 3.0 body work on the 2.0
Old 09-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Probably not.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JasonR/C
Hey everyone again. I have a great A main video to show you.

This weekend was the futaba electric challenge at my local track leisure hours raceway.

I set TQ and took the win almost lapping the field twice! Car is super hooked up and its going to be a dominant force this winter at my local track.

No need to be on the fence. in fact knock the fence down and buy one. its very worth it.

Ive only been racing cars since this year january. having bought my first ebuggy 3 monthes ago i was asked to run intermediate. Due to lack of experience. Even though on club nights im usually in the top 3 i accepted as a way to prove myself. This I did lol.

Again enjoy. Subscribe, Im looking into a 22 2.0 and whenever TLR finally for the love of small children releases a 4wd buggy. which ill be posting videos. have questions? ask away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWnAe...ature=youtu.be

if it doesnt work, that means its still processing. check back.
some very nice driving bud...keep it up!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.