Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Best 2wd buggy kit,setup,motor etc! Need Help getting back into Racing!!!!!!!! >

Best 2wd buggy kit,setup,motor etc! Need Help getting back into Racing!!!!!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best 2wd buggy kit,setup,motor etc! Need Help getting back into Racing!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Best 2wd buggy kit,setup,motor etc! Need Help getting back into Racing!!!!!!!!

Hello my name is Aaron im 25 and i been into rc for about 7 years on and off but done with college! now i want to get into some serious racing time and money has become availble for me! I was looking at the b4.2 or the losi 22 im in atlanta Ga and here we have medium to large outdoor tracks mainly 1/8 scale jumps and etc. My driving style right now is a little outta hand, so i need something that can take a little beating ,i was leaning more towards the 22 because of the aluminum chassis and just look a little nice and look like its a beast! but as i look for them people are saleing them to get the b4.1 or 2?! so which one would be a better fit? im running 2wd mod so i was going to go with a tekin gen 2 8.5 or orion 8.5 with the tekin rs or the vortex r10 pro. any and every piece of help will be greatly appreciated. also georgia we have that georgia red clay,tires and inserts reccomnded? springs?gearing for the 8.5? any help lol ive tried all the reasearch i could find but most of its indoor and in georgia its mainly all outdoor racing!? also i may post in a diffrent area to get all the advice and info as possible so dont take offense if yu see it somewhere else! just wana buy the right racing setup and etc! also text me 404 250 2912 may have some more questions along the way!
Old 04-09-2013, 03:38 PM
Suspended

No offense, but IMHO you're asking for an awful lot of information for just a singular thread.
But anyways -- 1) if you're going to be running 1/8th scale tracks then you need to get a 1/8th scale car. 2) if you're going to get a 1/10th scale car, 22 or B4, then you need to go to those specific threads and ask your questions. 3) there is no "best 2wd buggy." though I drive one brand, that doesn't make it best (and any advice that way is just brand-hoing), they're all good. 4) a lot of the information you're seeking is already in these forums, and those threads about those cars, and my advice is that you need to do some researching on your own. 5) generalized threads like this for the most part tend to get overlooked or ignored by the people that have the best advice and information, as they tend to stick to the threads specifically relating to the brand or car they're running. 6) nobody's going to be texting you this stuff. lol

Here's some reading to get you started >
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...gy-thread.html
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-2-thread.html
Old 04-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)

Well said pablo40