Search
Like Tree3Likes

X-Factory X-6 Cubed

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoungChazz
Thanks, Eric, for the props. Paul TQed and won with his Cubed, Dan Reino second on the grid with his. They were dialed.
WELL COME ON, GET THEM FOR SALE ALL READY!!!!! Going to order one as soon as you say i can preorder!!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Ran the Cubed this weekend at Thunder Alley Raceway in Wilson, NC. I made it into the A-main and moved myself up from 5th to finishing in 3rd over all. Also placed 3rd in Mod 2wd SC with the SCX-60cf

Old 04-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

How about just a teaser shot of the chassis! I won't tell, promise!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The new buggy looks cool. Shame Paul couldn't make it to the Lake Erie Shootout this year. Would have been interesting to see how the Cubed stacked up against the fast locals with RB6's.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Are we anywhere near release if chassis shots are still top-secret?
Old 04-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Can't post chassis shots because a few things are being changed here and there due to testing. don't want to post something that may change if that makes sense
Old 04-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

cant wait to see off body shots, got a b4.2 sitting here.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Default LIveRC Interview

There's a great new interview of Paul on LiveRC where he talks about mid-motor and the Cubed. Also a pic of ME!!!

http://www.liverc.com/news/special_f...Paul_Sinclair/
Old 04-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Modeltec, here's a post I put on oOple just a few hours ago:

"Orders for all the raw material were placed 5-10 days ago, depending on which item, including the largest batch of hardware we have ever ordered. Most items are shipping to us this week.

The aluminum parts are all sourced, and our preferred suppliers ready to start production early next week. Final C.A.D. is in their hands now. Parts must be production-sampled and approved, then produced, quality-checked, anodized, and shipped.

There are very many small changes in the car. In some cases it's to make the car faster, like a new motor plate that will lower the motor slightly.

We test extensively right in public before we release anything for you -- it's right or we don't do it. Testing has shown one Cubed part as originally designed sometimes breaks in a particular spot; I think 4-5 of the original 16 cars. So a new design of that part has been produced and is in testing now. The new part is 50% wider in the area that breaks and the whole thing is 25% thicker.

The body supplier was to be chosen last Friday, and that is the last news Darren had. However, an exciting possible supplier asked us to delay until yesterday so he could sharpen his pencil. Decision will be reached today and the O.E.M. contract awarded. Body design work will begin immediately.

Remember there is still much to do. Producing parts and putting Kits in boxes is only part of it. It takes me about a week to write the instruction manual, and I can't start until I have parts in my hands. Then another week to print the first batch.

We must have a final body in our hands, get it to the painter, get stickers for it, then get to a place where we can take photos. Then design the label, and have it printed.

When we first started X Factory back in 2003, who woulda thunk we would be publishing books and producing artwork? It all seemed so easy then... "
Old 04-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

cant wait to see it. b4.2 looks like he wants to go mid motor, and idk why... maybe all this high traction clay around ne ohio / nw pa.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoungChazz
Modeltec, here's a post I put on oOple just a few hours ago:

"Orders for all the raw material were placed 5-10 days ago, depending on which item, including the largest batch of hardware we have ever ordered. Most items are shipping to us this week.

The aluminum parts are all sourced, and our preferred suppliers ready to start production early next week. Final C.A.D. is in their hands now. Parts must be production-sampled and approved, then produced, quality-checked, anodized, and shipped.

There are very many small changes in the car. In some cases it's to make the car faster, like a new motor plate that will lower the motor slightly.

We test extensively right in public before we release anything for you -- it's right or we don't do it. Testing has shown one Cubed part as originally designed sometimes breaks in a particular spot; I think 4-5 of the original 16 cars. So a new design of that part has been produced and is in testing now. The new part is 50% wider in the area that breaks and the whole thing is 25% thicker.

The body supplier was to be chosen last Friday, and that is the last news Darren had. However, an exciting possible supplier asked us to delay until yesterday so he could sharpen his pencil. Decision will be reached today and the O.E.M. contract awarded. Body design work will begin immediately.

Remember there is still much to do. Producing parts and putting Kits in boxes is only part of it. It takes me about a week to write the instruction manual, and I can't start until I have parts in my hands. Then another week to print the first batch.

We must have a final body in our hands, get it to the painter, get stickers for it, then get to a place where we can take photos. Then design the label, and have it printed.

When we first started X Factory back in 2003, who woulda thunk we would be publishing books and producing artwork? It all seemed so easy then... "

Just razzing you a bit Chazz!! I am really excited and i want to get my pre order in before i spend my money!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

Very cool! I can't wait for the kits to come out
Old 04-10-2013, 01:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by noahf
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
X-actly, thank you for saying what we are all thinking....lol
Old 04-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Interested in trying one. I have a b4 donor ready !

Rocky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.