Wiki Posts
Search

Sweep 1/8 scale tires ROCK!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Sweep 1/8 scale tires ROCK!

Just started running these and going faster! I would highly suggest checking these tires out!

Micro contacts seem to be favorite so far.

Anyone else enjoying these as much as me?

For once in my life with tires I feel like am getting my money's worth...
Old 02-28-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racerob1983
Just started running these and going faster! I would highly suggest checking these tires out!

$47.99 for a set of 4 premounts, that right there has my attention. How are the compounds ? which tread and compounds have you tried ?
Old 02-28-2013, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Default Silver

I only ever ran silver or super soft ... Everytime I try any harder I do not like it much...
Old 02-28-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default Forgot to mention

I never tried sweeps other compounds I plan on it...

Also the pricing is amazing. Wait till u see the cloud 9 foams!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I tried a set of these. The tires seem ok but the wheels warped pretty bad after a few runs.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by w_dupree
I tried a set of these. The tires seem ok but the wheels warped pretty bad after a few runs.
good to know. hey when ordering do I add the wheels for $15 making the total 37.99 for premounts ? or do I also add the inserts making the total $52.99 for a set 0f 4 ?
Old 03-01-2013, 04:18 AM
Tech Adept

Did you buy hard or soft wheels?

I had no trouble with the hards....
Old 03-01-2013, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I've been running Sweeps as well and very pleased with them. Have several new and used sets and not had an issue with wheels warping or needing to reglue.

Ran Silver BattleStars, Silver Exagons and Silver Square Armors. Local shop sells them for $45 a set. The Square Armors have Clooud 9's, the others were their regular foam. Both have worked excellent and wear has been good. Ran 3 qualifiers and a main on the Battlestars and still look new.

I can see the harder compounds coming in later in the year as it heats up. Right now we have been racing in sub 60* temps and sub 50 some days. We have a couple team drivers out here also that do very well with them and are very helpful with tire selection suggestions.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Foosmatrix
good to know. hey when ordering do I add the wheels for $15 making the total 37.99 for premounts ? or do I also add the inserts making the total $52.99 for a set 0f 4 ?
If you are adding all of that separately to your cart then they aren't pre mounts.. You will have to glue them yourself. Or have they changed it? I hadn't been on there in a while but I just looked and I guess if you choose the wheels and foams then they are pre glued?
Old 03-01-2013, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What wheel did you use? The new V4 is much harder than the previous V3 wheel. Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Brian Looper
SE Regional team manager for Sweep
Old 03-01-2013, 06:06 AM
Dob
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by racerob1983

I'm going to assume that you ran them at SJRC. Since the temps in the building are so cold, the silvers seem to be the ticket. I run blues when the track becomes more abrasive or I am looking to loosen up the car some. As long as there isn't much dust, Micros will work until there is almost nothing left. When it warms up make sure you have some square armors ready for Family Hobbies. Micros work well when it grooves up, but Square Armor has been the more consistent tire for me there. Either way it's nice to have some more local guys using them. I have lent out a few pairs to guys, and everyone has been very impressed by their performance and you can't beat the price. IMO the new V4 wheels are the best looking wheels out there. I only have a few runs on mine, but they still spin true as the day I mounted them.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by charlesandstuff
If you are adding all of that separately to your cart then they aren't pre mounts.. You will have to glue them yourself. Or have they changed it? I hadn't been on there in a while but I just looked and I guess if you choose the wheels and foams then they are pre glued?
thats what im thinking judging by the way the website reads
Old 03-01-2013, 06:37 AM
Tech Initiate

From the 1/8 buggies tire page, if you click the individual tires and go to their pages you will have the option of selecting premounts or tires only.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dob
I'm going to assume that you ran them at SJRC. Since the temps in the building are so cold, the silvers seem to be the ticket. I run blues when the track becomes more abrasive or I am looking to loosen up the car some. As long as there isn't much dust, Micros will work until there is almost nothing left. When it warms up make sure you have some square armors ready for Family Hobbies. Micros work well when it grooves up, but Square Armor has been the more consistent tire for me there. Either way it's nice to have some more local guys using them. I have lent out a few pairs to guys, and everyone has been very impressed by their performance and you can't beat the price. IMO the new V4 wheels are the best looking wheels out there. I only have a few runs on mine, but they still spin true as the day I mounted them.
After trying a few i just about ordered every compound now. LOL
Old 03-01-2013, 01:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I just bought a set yesterday for my Truggy. I have had good luck with them on my buggy. Good tires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.