Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 03:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Glad you like the setup. We have worked hard on this truck and getting a drivable fast setup.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Interesting. Glad you reposted about it.
And compared to all the other SCT's I have play with, the SCTE 2.0 is definitely light on its toes. This is very good for mid to high bite, but it will struggle on some rougher loose stuff compared to say a Tekno. Sorta track depending in my opinion between the two.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Curious to see A. Mazzara's setup from Motorama (doubt I will though). Wondering if he was running the new shocks/dogbones/castor blocks?
Old 03-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Giulitto
Last night was my first race with my 2.0. I am running the pro 4 HD 4300 with rx8 Gen 2. Pinion 12 and spur 40 using 5200 50c lipo. Track is huge with large triples. I could barely double some of them.
Through out the race I notice some short course guys were just tearing through the track and leading by 4 seconds or more. They ended taking the series and because of this I wanted to know what their secret was.
After talking and looking over their car(one tekno, one 2.0) they both had 4700 dynamite motors with the same esc as me. 13 pinion 40 spure with the max amps 8000mah, 150c battery.

With only a one tooth difference and a huge battery, is it realistic to have more capability like I witnessed last night?
__________________________________________________ __
Most run 15-16T with the 4300HD, 50%-60% punch and No to little timing.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:46 AM
Tech Addict

It is very strange to hear how you guys are running such large KV motors with such short gears to boot... I have ran the 4700KV hobby wing motor, and not once have I ever needed to run less than a 15t pinion on 40 spur. Often I will run a 16 pinion. I can't imagine needing more torque that I already have with that combo.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommygun1
Curious to see A. Mazzara's setup from Motorama (doubt I will though). Wondering if he was running the new shocks/dogbones/castor blocks?
Yes on the shocks for sure (I saw them on it) .... I've seen the castor blocks on his truck in the past so I'd assume yes (I didn't pay attention to that at Rama), and his gear is current, clean and 100% maintained, so I'd bet yes anything else that's new.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Hopefully the SCTE 2.0 new update come out soon. I have sct410.3 but i want something different SCT.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wicker9
Yes on the shocks for sure (I saw them on it) .... I've seen the castor blocks on his truck in the past so I'd assume yes (I didn't pay attention to that at Rama), and his gear is current, clean and 100% maintained, so I'd bet yes anything else that's new.
Thanks man. I might start trying some different things I guess. Good run btw.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Can anyone recommend a setup for a dusty, low bite outdoor track? I'm having issues with understeer in the sharp turns. It's manageable in the wider turns, but wants to push after the apex in hairpins. I almost have to let off completely to stay in the groove. Everyone else at the track runs Teknos, so I'm pretty much in the dark with suspension tuning. At first I thought it was my driving habits, but I raced on a high bite indoor track for the first time a few weeks ago and this thing handled like it was on rails.

My current setup is stock shocks and springs mounted in the center of the control arms and towers all the way around, 32.5F/27.5R, 5-5-3 diffs, 2*camber F/R, 2* toe F/R, long Ackerman, silver front sway bar, super soft Blockades (all the Tekno guys use Cityblock 2s), Savox 1256, 4300HD 14/40. I'm still new at this (just got bumped up from rookie to 4wd SC at the end of last season) so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BatCarC5
Can anyone recommend a setup for a dusty, low bite outdoor track? I'm having issues with understeer in the sharp turns. It's manageable in the wider turns, but wants to push after the apex in hairpins. I almost have to let off completely to stay in the groove. Everyone else at the track runs Teknos, so I'm pretty much in the dark with suspension tuning. At first I thought it was my driving habits, but I raced on a high bite indoor track for the first time a few weeks ago and this thing handled like it was on rails.

My current setup is stock shocks and springs mounted in the center of the control arms and towers all the way around, 32.5F/27.5R, 5-5-3 diffs, 2*camber F/R, 2* toe F/R, long Ackerman, silver front sway bar, super soft Blockades (all the Tekno guys use Cityblock 2s), Savox 1256, 4300HD 14/40. I'm still new at this (just got bumped up from rookie to 4wd SC at the end of last season) so any help would be greatly appreciated.
This is going to depend on your driving style. Do you shoot in plant the nose and whip around, or do you like to keep consistent momentum.
The setup in loam with the SCTE is a bear compared to the tekno. But your right, on the clay stuff the SCTE is hard to mess with.
You should consider taking out a degree of rear tow to increase your effective slip angle some for less push over all around a turn.
Just remember your going to decrease your straight line stability some when you do it.
You can also help things out by adjusting your roll centers.
Higher on the tower using the upper holes prevent aggressive roll while the lower holes promote it. Roll can be your friend when it comes to losing side bite into a turn. You can tweak it some with the sway bars. Alternately many will use a lighter front or even take it off all together to promote more front lean while a turn, which also promotes more side bite.

Shorter links increases steering and decreases stability into corner. With slight on power gain
(Twitchy)

Longer link will increase stability and make the truck less responsive. (Easier to drive)

That being known, you can try to shorten the links on the nose a bit as a starting point. You can also stand the rear shocks up a bit more if your getting to much side bite from the rear. Antisquat will also effect this on power.

Being that the SCTE is considerably lighter than the Tekno, it also likes to ride on top of things while the other truck will dig down in the rough.
I have both trucks and the Tekno is much more packish, and has much less shock resonance than the 2.0 has. This truck was designed for the smooth stuff and that is where is excels.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Default scte upgrades

I see, chassis, f/r center braces and servo changes
Attached Thumbnails TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-1910336_10153933554728449_7914891585349583144_n.jpg  
Old 03-15-2016, 04:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jay_959
I see, chassis, f/r center braces and servo changes
Looks like a 4.4 center diff plate just like the 8E 4.0 plate.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Very lean and mean looking setup right there^
Really digging that balanced out diff drive line positioning.
Felt this was a necessary addition from the start once I seen the king headz alternative.
I am however very curious as to what is the exact reasoning behind reversing that servo and bellcrank throw?
I know space is minimal, but wouldn't redesigning a better pan/servo mount lay out allow for a much improved servo mounting solution?
Letting it lay down low like they used to do would surely have to be a noticeable improvement in CG, if the weigh minor weight reduction from the stock shocks vs the 22 shocks that are so highly regarded for this said attribute.
So why in the world do you guys "speaking for the two top contenders" stand a heavy arse servo straight up in the worst possible way that further conflicts with arm to rod clearance? The fact the drag link had a binding issue was proof it needed help.
Just a guess of course but is this the factor behind why this truck is running a reversed bell crank?
Old 03-15-2016, 02:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Some of us have been switching it for a while. Keeps the arm from hitting the ackerman plate at full throw.

With a S6240 servo you can mod the servo mount and lower the servo in the truck. Works great.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommygun1
Thanks man. I might start trying some different things I guess. Good run btw.
That was my son. I'm the guy that pays the freight, he's the fast one.
He says thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.