Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tom-sct
Hey guys.
A while ago in the summer I adjusted all my droop screwed all the way out for more travel.
I am now trying to set up for indoors using Ryan Unfolds set up sheet.
I can't get my truck low enough for th 24mms of sag .
His sheets has the limiter section blank.
where do I start with this setting ?
Or does he not use them either or is my problem elsewhere ?

Thanks.
Tom
If your springs are new you won't be able to get ride height until they break in. I had that problem with the silver rears when I first went to his setup. Get it as low as you can and run a pack or two. The spring should soften a little and come down a few mm in ride height.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by DoogieLee
Any Losi 2.0 owners here that came from the Tekno?
Why did you switch and how has the Losi been compared to the Tekno?

I'm really on the fence with my Tekno right now... I had a Losi 1.0 and I would kill to have it back. The Tekno does not work for me and half the time I feel like I did when I started 3 years ago with my Slash... and the truck looks like it too.

thanks
I'm in the same boat. I had a scte, was thinking about getting back in to 10th scale, hard choice between the tekno and scte 2.0.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I had a tekno and so did a lot of guy at my track but most of us have gone to the scte 2.0 the truck is just so much more reliable and predictable for me. The tekno is a great truck it just felt really burly to me and I was always dnf due to arms knuckles and some other small parts. Since I went to the scte my laps are faster and more contestant not to mention the toughness of the losi. The only part that I have broken was the torque rod ( chassis brace) ends on rear but that did not cause dnf. Mip chassis braces installed no problems since love my scte 2.0
Old 01-12-2014, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Is "Open cell" for the front and "Closed cell" for the rear a standard ?

Closed cell in the front creates too much push. Is this correct?

Some setups do not specify?
Old 01-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Closed cell f&r in 4wd sc is the norm. I don;t think anybody even makes an open cell insert for these size wheels.
CC rear,open cell front is very common in 2wd buggy.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I'm in the same boat. I had a scte, was thinking about getting back in to 10th scale, hard choice between the tekno and scte 2.0.
ORIGINAL QUOTE BY DOOGIE LEE:

Originally Posted by DoogieLee
Any Losi 2.0 owners here that came from the Tekno?
Why did you switch and how has the Losi been compared to the Tekno?

I'm really on the fence with my Tekno right now... I had a Losi 1.0 and I would kill to have it back. The Tekno does not work for me and half the time I feel like I did when I started 3 years ago with my Slash... and the truck looks like it too.

thanks

MY RESPONSE:

As what the other guys said, I could NOT get the Tekno to handle good. I had no support or help with setups, I was on an island. Now I run with a bunch of guys that run the 2.0 and we all help each other. Running the newer setup that Casper and Ryan run and the truck handles great everywhere. I picked up a second per lap with the 2.0 (over the Tekno) merely because I can drive it much harder with much more confidence.

Last edited by BSCFlash; 01-13-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Had a great weekend at the CRCRC Midwest Champs. It was my first "Big Race" in my 2 years of racing. I was able to pull off TQ in 4wd SCT after TQ'ing 3 of 4 rounds with Matt Olsen TQ'ing the other round. And qualified 6th in the 1/8 ebuggy. To say that nerves got the best of me in the mains is an understatement, but I was able to get 2nd overall after the win in A3 in 4wd SCT and placed 6th overall in 1/8 ebuggy. I am really happy with my runs for the weekend and look forward to building from this race. My 2.0 was absolutely on rails ALL weekend, just some driver issues in the main prevented me from battling with Olsen. I met a lot of new people and made many new friends. I can't wait to get to some larger races this year and keep improving.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MonsterSummit
Had a great weekend at the CRCRC Midwest Champs. It was my first "Big Race" in my 2 years of racing. I was able to pull off TQ in 4wd SCT after TQ'ing 3 of 4 rounds with Matt Olsen TQ'ing the other round. And qualified 6th in the 1/8 ebuggy. To say that nerves got the best of me in the mains is an understatement, but I was able to get 2nd overall after the win in A3 in 4wd SCT and placed 6th overall in 1/8 ebuggy. I am really happy with my runs for the weekend and look forward to building from this race. My 2.0 was absolutely on rails ALL weekend, just some driver issues in the main prevented me from battling with Olsen. I met a lot of new people and made many new friends. I can't wait to get to some larger races this year and keep improving.

Good job man, Olsen is FAST from watching vids over the years. How did you like the track ?
Old 01-13-2014, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anybody ever snap a front drive shaft? I snapped one right in half without hitting anything.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

Good job, Dude, you looked great. Great to see locals shine in the big races! I would say you won the best beard award as well!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Awesome job. Matt is a machine in that class. I watched the heats on liverc and it was great seeing someone give him a run for his money. Just one question. Did you make some changes to make it turn more out of the box? Not asking to reveal what changes you made, lol. Mine pushed like a dump truck, now it's sick-fast.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:13 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by braderb
Is "Open cell" for the front and "Closed cell" for the rear a standard ?

Closed cell in the front creates too much push. Is this correct?

Some setups do not specify?
We pretty much always run CS foam front and rear on this truck

Originally Posted by drepus
Closed cell f&r in 4wd sc is the norm. I don;t think anybody even makes an open cell insert for these size wheels.
CC rear,open cell front is very common in 2wd buggy.
Panther still makes an open cell foam in this size. Basically an 8th scale foam works but yeah they are getting harder to find.

Even keeping up with Olson is something to be proud of. TQ'ing an event over him is quite an accomplishment as he is bad FAST in pro-4 so great job!

Originally Posted by silveraider14
Anybody ever snap a front drive shaft? I snapped one right in half without hitting anything.
I have broken the CVA cross pin but can't remember ever snapping the drive shaft itself. My guess is it got bent and broke later due to fatigue. This is not a common problem I have seen with the TLR drive shafts.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Good job man, Olsen is FAST from watching vids over the years. How did you like the track ?
The track was awesome, but VERY technical. The front section gave all drivers fits all weekend. But my truck felt great on the whole track. Clay Slingshots/Typos were amazing. The grip was pretty high all weekend.

Originally Posted by BSCFlash
Good job, Dude, you looked great. Great to see locals shine in the big races! I would say you won the best beard award as well!
LOL. Thats what I was going for.

Originally Posted by Tommygun1
Awesome job. Matt is a machine in that class. I watched the heats on liverc and it was great seeing someone give him a run for his money. Just one question. Did you make some changes to make it turn more out of the box? Not asking to reveal what changes you made, lol. Mine pushed like a dump truck, now it's sick-fast.
Umm yea, I have made some changes. I started with the Dunford July setup and just made a few changes. But overall that thing has SO much steering its incredible.

Originally Posted by Casper
Even keeping up with Olson is something to be proud of. TQ'ing an event over him is quite an accomplishment as he is bad FAST in pro-4 so great job!
Thanks alot! It means alot coming from you! I have to admit I am a little disappointed I couldn't overcome my nerves in the mains, but overall I was so pumped to be able to run how I did for my first National level race. I will say one thing, everyone seemed pretty shocked when I told them I was running a 2-pole 550 4.5t motor. Anymore if I even mention 2 pole motors in 4x4 people laugh and say they aren't enough and are slow. lol.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:17 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thanks alot! It means alot coming from you! I have to admit I am a little disappointed I couldn't overcome my nerves in the mains, but overall I was so pumped to be able to run how I did for my first National level race. I will say one thing, everyone seemed pretty shocked when I told them I was running a 2-pole 550 4.5t motor. Anymore if I even mention 2 pole motors in 4x4 people laugh and say they aren't enough and are slow. lol.
David Jenson a local young up and commer runs for Thunder power and uses a 2 pole 550 motor and that thing is ballisitc. It can be done. The 4 pole stuff has more bottom and if you run 540 you can save some weight but there is nothing to say 550 2 pole can't get it done for sure.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Casper
David Jenson a local young up and commer runs for Thunder power and uses a 2 pole 550 motor and that thing is ballisitc. It can be done. The 4 pole stuff has more bottom and if you run 540 you can save some weight but there is nothing to say 550 2 pole can't get it done for sure.
I have run the exact same motor/esc combination as MonsterSummit, it certainly was ballistic. I kept frying escs, though.

In the meantime, I run Casper's exact setup now while my esc is being repaired. Many of us, like Casper, like the Tekin 4600 better than the 4300HD for this light of a truck. Giving the 4600, like Casper, some timing--maybe 25 to 35--really helps the top end. I am actually faster with the 4600 over the 4300 as it is more driveable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.