Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread >

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Like Tree7Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Reply

Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 AM
  #571  
Tech Regular
 
xxfile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Orangeville Ontario
Posts: 424
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
At this time, barring any strange customs stuff, we could ship as soon as the 8th of March. Please dont kill me if it is a week later, lol, but at least I am trying to give you the data I have.

It will go first to Horizon Certified Partners. This would be many of your local hobby shops and possibly tracks. The mass online dealers may or may not be HCP dealers. What this would mean is a 2 week wait from them if they are not an HCP dealer.

You can go here to see who the HCP dealers in your area are and you may want to order from them if you want it ASAP.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/StoreLocatorView
The list of HCP dealers is pretty thin...., Our LHS is NOT on this list but is listed but not certified... I guess they need to do a LOT more business with Horizon to get on the list. MOST of the welll known shops within 50 miles are not on the list. there are a few but only the big ones who have no personality. I guess I will Wait, this will be torture as what happens if the first shipment sells out??? then im missing the start of the season, Ryan PLEASE tell me there are TWO ships coming across the pond full of 2.0's
xxfile is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:29 AM
  #572  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,543
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by xxfile View Post
The list of HCP dealers is pretty thin...., Our LHS is NOT on this list but is listed but not certified... I guess they need to do a LOT more business with Horizon to get on the list. MOST of the welll known shops within 50 miles are not on the list. there are a few but only the big ones who have no personality. I guess I will Wait, this will be torture as what happens if the first shipment sells out??? then im missing the start of the season, Ryan PLEASE tell me there are TWO ships coming across the pond full of 2.0's
Its not really that at all. It is more about applying for it. Its a simply application that most jsut dont take the time to fill out. you can always order it from HH.com as well. not that I am trying to drive business there, just being real about it. We ordered plenty so we have vehicles through a few months.
hacker07 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:25 AM
  #573  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Ryan - how many beadlock rings come in the kit? 4 or 8? Anyone want to trade yellow rings for the green ones from the nitro sct?
Grandturk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:20 PM
  #574  
Tech Elite
 
allan42r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OSWEGO IL.
Posts: 2,602
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Last I heard, should be available around the same time or a little before the truck.
oooooooooo i like new toys!
allan42r is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:21 PM
  #575  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,822
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Ryan - how many beadlock rings come in the kit? 4 or 8? Anyone want to trade yellow rings for the green ones from the nitro sct?
And when is the Nitro 2.0 coming out JK.(not).My friend has a gas burning SCTE and it hauls arse!!!!Back to the regularly scheduled program.
BmainStar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:49 PM
  #576  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,543
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Ryan - how many beadlock rings come in the kit? 4 or 8? Anyone want to trade yellow rings for the green ones from the nitro sct?
It comes with 4.

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
And when is the Nitro 2.0 coming out JK.(not).My friend has a gas burning SCTE and it hauls arse!!!!Back to the regularly scheduled program.
LOL, not likely anytime soon. The nitro truck works great as is.
hacker07 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:33 PM
  #577  
Tech Regular
 
xxfile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Orangeville Ontario
Posts: 424
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Its not really that at all. It is more about applying for it. Its a simply application that most jsut dont take the time to fill out. you can always order it from HH.com as well. not that I am trying to drive business there, just being real about it. We ordered plenty so we have vehicles through a few months.
I shall get after him to do the paperwork. he is new to the business and probably doesnt know...He also isnt too cumputer savvy.... at least his daughter is and she works there too.
I can wait the extra two weeks if necessary
But rather not.
xxfile is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:41 PM
  #578  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Panda-PR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I have been reading both tekno and scte 2.0 threads for a couple days now

Then asked myself a lot of questions! Why would I change to tekno? I already have lots of parts from the 1.0 that problably will work on 2.0
But what really made me stay with losi is how freakin' awesome the 1.0 drives
Besides, with tekno you'll need to buy wheels, alum shock caps, body and there are issues with the plastic hex...and almost no upgrade parts in stock!
Sure the truck looks good and should win races, so will the 2.0
Drove to the lhs and gave them 250 and said: this is for a lay away...on a truck that is not here yet...but mine will be the first (they are HH dealer!)

Anyways, I'm waiting for build up tips to start from casper/ryan
Panda-PR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:52 PM
  #579  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
JoeW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 288
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Looking at the parts list briefly from the SCTE 2.0...it doesn't appear to come with the parts from the TLR Tuning kit? But the shock caps on the 2.0 appear to be a newer style?

So if my SCTE 1.0 has a TLR tuning kit, I can transfer some stuff but other stuff already on the 2.0 appears to be updated?
JoeW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:41 PM
  #580  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,233
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
Looking at the parts list briefly from the SCTE 2.0...it doesn't appear to come with the parts from the TLR Tuning kit? But the shock caps on the 2.0 appear to be a newer style?

So if my SCTE 1.0 has a TLR tuning kit, I can transfer some stuff but other stuff already on the 2.0 appears to be updated?
The only thing the 2.0 doesn't have is the alum rear hubs. The shock caps are the newer version with the bleeder screws. Towers are graphite with some new camber and shock mount holes. Should have the adjustable alum pivot blocks.
Brian L is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:06 AM
  #581  
Tech Regular
 
xxfile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Orangeville Ontario
Posts: 424
Default

welll our track just got buried by another FOOT of snow and its still coming down...
Its agood thing I have to wait for this kit the tracks not really usable unless its a SKIDOO
lol
alll the schools are closed
no buses
roads a mess.
and then the winds supposed to start blowing and REALLY mess things up!!
you SoCal guys have it soooo goood
Florida too
texas
Arizona...
I wish
xxfile is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:12 AM
  #582  
Tech Regular
 
xxfile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Orangeville Ontario
Posts: 424
Default


sorry for the off topic
but toooo funny for us north and east coasters
xxfile is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:41 AM
  #583  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (93)
 
happywing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 997
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

In Michigan...I made it to work today in my 4wd truck...but nobody else made it. Can't decide if I should work or not (no bosses).

On subject..

Like a previous poster stated, why go Tekno if you have a SCTE 1.0 now? At the very least, give the 2.0 a try before jumping ship.

I bet there are a few Tekno owners that wish they waited.
happywing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:44 AM
  #584  
Tech Master
iTrader: (43)
 
kcooper273's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Macomb, Michigan
Posts: 1,156
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

2 questions.

Casper, I'll be running this truck on a large, pretty technical 1/8th scale track(not quite as technical as the one in the vid). What weight of shock fluid were you running?

Will the Proline spring kit work with the Losi shocks? Thanks.
kcooper273 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:49 AM
  #585  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by happywing View Post
In Michigan...I made it to work today in my 4wd truck...but nobody else made it. Can't decide if I should work or not (no bosses).

On subject..

Like a previous poster stated, why go Tekno if you have a SCTE 1.0 now? At the very least, give the 2.0 a try before jumping ship.

I bet there are a few Tekno owners that wish they waited.
Not so much.

Originally Posted by xxfile View Post
welll our track just got buried by another FOOT of snow and its still coming down...
Its agood thing I have to wait for this kit the tracks not really usable unless its a SKIDOO
lol
alll the schools are closed
no buses
roads a mess.
and then the winds supposed to start blowing and REALLY mess things up!!
you SoCal guys have it soooo goood
Florida too
texas
Arizona...
I wish
Yeah, well as nice as you think texas is now, it isn't. Still cold here in north texas. Can't race till march or may. I feel your pain.
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service