Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

casper really need your help, what shock pistons and springs and oils would you recommend for a med traction, light fluffy track? im running mip shock pistons, 32.5 upfront and 30 in rear, and my truck is just dead, no rebound, I push them down and truck just stays. I was really excited about getting this truck and it doesn't handle the way I thought. Im just having problems with shocks, it seems like its bound up but its not, gone over everything. reamed arms, upper shock mounts has wiggle, even front and rear toe plates not all the way tight. need help , thanks!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

just came across a qualifier with my 2.0 truck. im gonna say yet again. i love it!! im the first truck with the green top, purple middle, and white bottom. this is now my 7th month since buying my first r/c car. and winning is a awesome feeling!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUp7QS4IpNw
Old 08-20-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Nice job! Siiick track.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tommygun1
Nice job! Siiick track.
thanks man! only issue ive ran into with this truck is the plastic pieces breaking on the chassis braces. it appears MIP just released a fix for that lol.

i look forward to getting better and more consistant with my truck over time, with 3 months in the 4x4 world im pretty happy thusfar with mine and the cars performance. thanks TLR for an awesome truck.

and for those of you that dont like this truck, or saying the 1.0 is better. well.... im sorry. ive driven fellow racers 1.0's and teknos. they are all amazing actually. but to each his own i guess. run what works for you!
Old 08-20-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I had one of those plastic ends break as well,but as you may have seen a page or two back, it was suggested to thread the screw into that plastic part all the way first then into the aluminum brace. That was my problem...I didnt do that initially. I was actually able to use my broken end by threading into it all the way, it held fine for the night but I got some coming to fix it right.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

ya i started threading the plastic piece first also. but still broke on chassis slaps due to misjumping lol
Old 08-20-2013, 09:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ldog
casper really need your help, what shock pistons and springs and oils would you recommend for a med traction, light fluffy track? im running mip shock pistons, 32.5 upfront and 30 in rear, and my truck is just dead, no rebound, I push them down and truck just stays. I was really excited about getting this truck and it doesn't handle the way I thought. Im just having problems with shocks, it seems like its bound up but its not, gone over everything. reamed arms, upper shock mounts has wiggle, even front and rear toe plates not all the way tight. need help , thanks!
Check your sway bars to make sure they are not bound up. Not sure what setup you have for the MIP bypass system but that could have something to do with it as well. I am not real familiar with the settings they are running so not a lot of help there. With the shocks off do the arms fall freely?
Old 08-21-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ldog
Try checking your hinge pins might be bent causing binding that was my Issue on mine
Old 08-21-2013, 07:47 AM
Tech Prophet

True it is not unheard of to bend a hinge pin.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

yeah checked everything , reamed arms so hinge pin slides rite through, no bent hinge pins, you know the truck seemed better before mip pistons, im gonna go back to the stock ones , I will do kit set up for shocks and see if that the problem. thanks guys I get back to ya
Old 08-21-2013, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

So, I've been wondering...the original SCTE setup used 4 hole pistons. Then a year or so ago the hot setup seemed to be 2 hole pistons. We were using 22 pistons or gluing up SCTE pistons to close up 2 holes. Now, with the 2.0, the latest preferred setup seems to be 4 hole pistons again. Can somebody help me understand why we have gone back and forth on this and what we have achieved (or are trying to achieve) by making the change?
Old 08-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kazuaki
So, I've been wondering...the original SCTE setup used 4 hole pistons. Then a year or so ago the hot setup seemed to be 2 hole pistons. We were using 22 pistons or gluing up SCTE pistons to close up 2 holes. Now, with the 2.0, the latest preferred setup seems to be 4 hole pistons again. Can somebody help me understand why we have gone back and forth on this and what we have achieved (or are trying to achieve) by making the change?
+1
Old 08-21-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It has a lot to do with the surface you are on. The 4 hole seems to be better suited to most for their driving styles and on more surfaces. The 2 hole do very well on blown out tracks.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Tech Prophet

2 hole setups work great on high bite blue groove type conditions still. Still works great for improved pack. With the 2.0 we have better weight balance and we worked on some different things and have hit on some setups with 4 hole pistons to get more weight transfer in the car but maintained stability. All part of evolution. I dont' think all was lost on the 2 hole tuning as I go back and forth as I do a lot of out door blue groove racing and go back to 4 hole indoor.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
2 hole setups work great on high bite blue groove type conditions still. Still works great for improved pack. With the 2.0 we have better weight balance and we worked on some different things and have hit on some setups with 4 hole pistons to get more weight transfer in the car but maintained stability. All part of evolution. I dont' think all was lost on the 2 hole tuning as I go back and forth as I do a lot of out door blue groove racing and go back to 4 hole indoor.
So, for a SoCal outdoor track like Thunder Alley, for example, the 2 hole might still work better?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.