TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

There ya go page 208
Old 04-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I got everything together on car and the diff and pinion on front have a real bad tight spot, spin by hand you can feel it then goes free again. Almost tight enough to use some real force. With this straightn out not really wanting to tear it back down wanting to run it first time this fri?
Old 04-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Guys ! There is nothing wrong with the screws , you just need an MIP wrench .......And all this binding in the diff cases ? Nothing wrong there either
Old 04-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mxer59
I got everything together on car and the diff and pinion on front have a real bad tight spot, spin by hand you can feel it then goes free again. Almost tight enough to use some real force. With this straightn out not really wanting to tear it back down wanting to run it first time this fri?
I also had binding but in my rear diff., yes all my stuff was properly placed in w/ patience, after a lil bit of running the binding was gone, I took apart most of my 2.0 to clean up and maintenance and after taking apart my rear diff. 2 teeth got shredded off the ring gear and they were 1 tooth apart from each other so to me it made sense that maybe something wasn't sitting right and that's what caused the binding then it stopped cause those 2 teeth were gone even though it was properly installed
Old 04-16-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
I also had binding but in my rear diff., yes all my stuff was properly placed in w/ patience, after a lil bit of running the binding was gone, I took apart most of my 2.0 to clean up and maintenance and after taking apart my rear diff. 2 teeth got shredded off the ring gear and they were 1 tooth apart from each other so to me it made sense that maybe something wasn't sitting right and that's what caused the binding then it stopped cause those 2 teeth were gone even though it was properly installed
Hope that's not the case for me, sounds like a headache
Old 04-16-2013, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mxer59
Hope that's not the case for me, sounds like a headache
Yea it didn't seem like it made a big difference in driving but since I had it apart I just ordered a new 1 so we'll see what happens when I install that 1, but if you end up taking your diff. apart anytime soon let me know if any teeth are missing
Old 04-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yea it didn't seem like it made a big difference in driving but since I had it apart I just ordered a new 1 so we'll see what happens when I install that 1, but if you end up taking your diff. apart anytime soon let me know if any teeth are missing
Took all my riffs out for a service, and I had no missing teeth on any of my ring gears, but both front and rear riffs were bone dry. The centre was like 1/4 full. They were build no different than the hundreds of other year diffs I've build, so no problems there. I'm definatly not impressed so far with how fast the diffs leak. Only 1 club race! Anyone else run into this issue?
Old 04-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jsamarin
Took all my riffs out for a service, and I had no missing teeth on any of my ring gears, but both front and rear riffs were bone dry. The centre was like 1/4 full. They were build no different than the hundreds of other year diffs I've build, so no problems there. I'm definatly not impressed so far with how fast the diffs leak. Only 1 club race! Anyone else run into this issue?
Yea I think I mentioned that in a recent post when I first got my 2.0 apart and that's exactly how mine was front and rear dry and the housing was all gunky and what not and the center was barely filled
Old 04-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I have built may diffs over my 28yrs. of racing, most diffs leak alittle over time also diff oil heats up an somehow goes away.I do coat both sides the diff gasket with Lucas red/tacky and this helps in that area alot. just my .02.

I also use alittle of this greese on the ring/pinion.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

I used Losi great grease on my ring and pinion
Old 04-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I cant believe you broke some teeth off the ring gear, that is amazing. I have seen people skip those for months and never lose a tooth. I would call CS and have them send you one, thats not right at all.

Originally Posted by jsamarin
You may not have gotten them tight then. I just took my rear diff apart from the first build of this truck and my diff was still full. But thats my experience. You have to make sure you place plenty of grease in the grease groove of the outdrive.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I also just serviced all my diffs, the front and rear were empty they looked liked they both leaked into the diff case from the paper gasket? The middle one was the only one with any fluid in it, this was after 3 battery packs. Very strange to say the least.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hacker07
I cant believe you broke some teeth off the ring gear, that is amazing. I have seen people skip those for months and never lose a tooth. I would call CS and have them send you one, thats not right at all.

You may not have gotten them tight then. I just took my rear diff apart from the first build of this truck and my diff was still full. But thats my experience. You have to make sure you place plenty of grease in the grease groove of the outdrive.
Yea I thought it was weird, I already ordered a replacement cause the cs has helped me out w/ 2 new diff. casings and some shock caps so I didn't want them to think I'm just trying to get a bunch of free stuff lol.

Seeing that yours haven't leaked I'm thinking maybe I didn't tighten them enough cause I was kind of scared of stripping the screws cause they seemed like they wouldn't go anymore, when I rebuild them I'll tighten them so more
Old 04-16-2013, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Yea I thought it was weird, I already ordered a replacement cause the cs has helped me out w/ 2 new diff. casings and some shock caps so I didn't want them to think I'm just trying to get a bunch of free stuff lol.

Seeing that yours haven't leaked I'm thinking maybe I didn't tighten them enough cause I was kind of scared of stripping the screws cause they seemed like they wouldn't go anymore, when I rebuild them I'll tighten them so more
slot the diff screws with a dremel before you screw them in the diffs.that way you can use a small flatblade screwdriver..
Old 04-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rifraf
slot the diff screws with a dremel before you screw them in the diffs.that way you can use a small flatblade screwdriver..
Dremel! that's something I need to invest in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.