Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Where are most of you mounting the receiver? On the chassis between the motor and servo? Or on the out side of the servo box?

Just to get mine running (still waiting on pro4 hd motor and rx8) I used the electronics from my old scte RTR truck. Mounting the receiver on the side of the servo really makes the wires stick out right to the side guard and seems to get rather dirty out there. Is a better place for it on the chassis behind the servo?
Old 04-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeW
Where are most of you mounting the receiver? On the chassis between the motor and servo? Or on the out side of the servo box?

Just to get mine running (still waiting on pro4 hd motor and rx8) I used the electronics from my old scte RTR truck. Mounting the receiver on the side of the servo really makes the wires stick out right to the side guard and seems to get rather dirty out there. Is a better place for it on the chassis behind the servo?
Transponders are not working well on the chassis. Put it on the side of the servo. They work well there.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Transponders are not working well on the chassis. Put it on the side of the servo. They work well there.
+1. Mine wasn't picking up when on the chassis.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

That's one of the complaints of the kit is that there is no secure place to put the electronics but I've had no issues with mine
Old 04-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Also looks like the shock caps are still tight to put on
Old 04-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
I believe they are still on first shipment kits so yes lower caps are still tight. I have not heard if replacements are ready yet.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Crazy thing is i run my transponder on the flat portion of the front bumper and it has survived some really bad crashes fits perfect and when fighting for last place i get that extra 0.0005ths of a second....i placed my receiver on the chassis behind the servo no issues there i just make sure i blow the receiver off after every run
Old 04-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Not the transponder...the receiver for the radio.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Side of servo not the most protected but it works
Old 04-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Old 04-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just got 3 more kits in... 2 are being shipped out but one ill be building again with the Ti screw kit. I'm wondering if the shock caps or diff screw issue has been revised? Also... Will the TI screw kit have different screws for the diffs?
still no...as ive said a few times i talked to HH personally and they said Ryan will post on here once he gives the OK and then they will ship and they will most likely have nothing to do with the diff screws so just buy the HPI Z449's and be done with it if it bothers you or just take your time and use the stock ones.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

FYI the tc3 and rpm receiver box are too big. Still looking for one small enough to fit behind the servo.
Any of you know if HPI Racing Desert Trophy Trucks has a small enough receiver box?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCHTX&P=ML
Old 04-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
still no...as ive said a few times i talked to HH personally and they said Ryan will post on here once he gives the OK and then they will ship and they will most likely have nothing to do with the diff screws so just buy the HPI Z449's and be done with it if it bothers you or just take your time and use the stock ones.
Whoa dude easy with the hostility... I'm a horizon dealer I was just curious. This is the 5th kit I've personally be through. My
Builds have gone perfectly fine... I was just wondering if I should wait for my Ti kit or proceed building the diffs and shocks. So no nothing is bothering me ...
Old 04-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Whoa dude easy with the hostility... I'm a horizon dealer I was just curious. This is the 5th kit I've personally be through. My
Builds have gone perfectly fine... I was just wondering if I should wait for my Ti kit or proceed building the diffs and shocks. So no nothing is bothering me ...
no hostility, just saying...just stating that ive talked to them and posted 3-4 times that Ryan will post on here before HH most likely even knows the new shock bottoms are ready and shipping

As for the screws its gotta be bothering you just like the caps since you seem to think that they are gonna do something about the hardware even some took their time and did have issues. Everyone knows that they are a bit tight and this is my first build and just by hearing about them being tight by the few that had the truck before me or the 1.0 trucks with the updated housings i just hopped on ebay and bought the HPI for the build so you kno there is another option and for less than 10 bux for more than all 12 screws needed its worth getting them just for the ease of use come time to do maintenance and take them out and put back in
Old 04-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Has the diff screw issue has been revised?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.