Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 01:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blitzrockey
Gearing with a hw 4000kv 4pole. Outdoor track 95 foot straight. 14 tooth to start??
Also is the kit setup good for a low to medium bite outdoor track. Some big jumps also.
Thanks.
Yup 14

Originally Posted by yz167
I finally got my kit yesterday and I was able to support my local shop, Yeah! Lol ! Ok I put together the 1st differential and it is butter smooth. Just like B main said buy Mip wrenches if you don’t already have them ( I personally wouldn’t attempt to put together any kit with the included hardware, I’m still using my MIP wrenches from 1996).

I did take the advice of others on here and pre-thread the diff cases before I put the diff together just because it only took me 1 minute longer to do it this way. I think the theory is when the diff is empty (aka no fluid you can hold it vertical and horizontally to make sure your diff screw is going in perfect vs. when its full of fluid and you have to keep it upright. I’ll keep you posted on the center and rear diff to follow but I don’t expect any problems. This kit is 1st class and as far as I’m concerned LOSI has stepped up their kit game big time. It’s so funny how the instructions have changed since 1996 when I bought my 1st RC10B2. The kits have gone from a paragraph on each segment to pictures, LMAO

What an awesome kit, I can’t wait to drive it. B main and I are going to go tear up IERC or lake pegs, whatever comes 1st BRAP Brap

B main I'm running same electronics as you (RX8/XE4000) what pinion should I start off with 1st? The XE4000 I just picked up so its new to me…

I was waiting for the PRO4HD but at 200 bucks OMG
Ya 14 is good,on a tight track like Peg I would even consider 13 with some timing
Old 03-16-2013, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

I am looking to trade a 10 run old Tekin 4600 for a 4000 or 550 can motor if anyone has one new or darn close to it. To my suprise this motor has been coming off the track below 143 at the highest at 6 and a half minutes. I just mainly run indoor and dont need a 4600. Thanks and sorry for the thread bomb.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blade329
Well, since everyone pretty much was removing them from the 1.0, Losi probably figured they weren't needed. Can't please everyone.
Well, everyone removed part of the rear bumper, mudflaps, and nerf bars, but the 2.0 come with those.....

At least give me the option to remove it instead of making me buy a box or a cowl.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was looking at the coolest truck the other day. I think it was called the SLASH and it had the coolest reciever box on it LOLOLOLOL

Sorry I couldn't resist
I have a really stupid sense of humor some times

Last edited by Jellis; 03-16-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Is the box stock setup good for medium sized outdoor track with some bigger jumps? Like the old scte run full droop as well?
Thanks!
Old 03-16-2013, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Yup 14

Ya 14 is good,on a tight track like Peg I would even consider 13 with some timing
I was at peg yesterday with a 13t, tearing it up.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
I've been struggling with this or the Tekno SCT the past week, what concerns me on this is non metric screws (grr), No rx box (Seriously? Come on!) and if the motor mount screw will still strip out as the 1.0's did.

Any ideas?
The motor mount is now made of a higher strength aluminum (7075 I think).
Originally Posted by Casper
I still don't understand how you guys are stripping hardware. Is it the hex interface? Are you using "L" wrenches or what?

I have yet to strip a screw on the Ten or 8ight series. They both use the same 5-40 hardware.
I think its the m2.6 screws (diff screws) people are having issues with not the 5/40.
Originally Posted by Blitzrockey
Is the box stock setup good for medium sized outdoor track with some bigger jumps? Like the old scte run full droop as well?
Thanks!
Great!! I think that is where it is the best!!
Old 03-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I was at peg yesterday with a 13t, tearing it up.
Did you race last night?
Old 03-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default Front bumper is wrong

If your screw heads are not flush with the chassis it could simply be that the parts are not seated correctly. I noticed this with the front trans assembly. I had the screws flush but as I kept assembling I noticed that the front screw heads pooked out more and more. The problem is the tounge on the front bumper, it actually raises the trans up as you slide it in. The plastic diff housing should be seated flush with the kick up of the chassis and the section that goes through the chassis should be flush with the bottom of the chassis. I had to grind the thickness and sides of the bumper tounge to finally get the front diff assembly to fit properly. I mean I had to remove a lot of material, I bet I took 5 degrees of kick up out of the thing.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

metric and sae have a different taper depending on which is used..Hopefully they werent thinking about switching to metric and angles for countersink is off.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey everyone, I'm just gonna throw in my two cents here. I typically drive the Durango DESC410R course truck. I've been looking into switching to the Losey, especially now that the 2.0 has arrived. At my local track, we have several people running the 1.0 with the MIP kit and a few others who just built, and were racing there 2.0 kits. My fellow racers let me drive both one of the 1.0 MIP conversion kits along with one of the stock set up SCTE 2.0. For reference, the current track record in for 4WD short course is an 18.4 second lap (set by me with my DESC410). On my 10th lap of driving the 1.0 with the MIP kit I turned an 18.41, And was consistently in the mid 18.5's. I then drove the stock set up 2.0 which I've the same motor and ESC combo as both my truck and the 1.0. Unfortunately, the 2.0 was all over the place. It felt like I was driving on an ice skating rink compared to the MIP converted 1.0. The truck did have excellent stability and more front end steering then the MIP truck, but the lack of traction in general comparatively to the MIP truck was no contest. I could t get below a 19.7 sec lap time with the 2.0. Now, I'm not sure if that was due to the fact that the stock set up is not anywhere close to what my track would require or what, but a direct comparison of the MIP converted truck and the 2.0 was a big difference, mainly in traction, with the 2.0 not sticking to the track anywhere. Now, I understand there are a lot of unknown elements here, especially with it not being my own truck, but I was pretty set on buying one of these new 2.0 trucks, until I drove one and realize that it was going to take a lot of massaging to get it to handle as I would expect.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

I have built several RC kits before and I only used the L hex wrenches from the hardware store. I would be able to complete the kit builds, but my fingers would hurt after a while. Now, I have invested a little bit of money to buy the proper tools, since I have 3 kits that are waiting for me to start and finish. I have one TLR 22SCT kit and two TLR Ten-SCTE 2.0 kits. I will certainly enjoy the builds better, using my brand new MIP Thorp hex wrenches. I only have six of them thus far, but I don't usually use the other sizes. I bought the 1.5mm, 2.0mm, 2.5mm, .050, 1/16", and 5/64".

Old 03-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Sixfeetdeep,

If you loved the 1.0 mip i would say just buy it. Keep in mind diff and tire setups will make a big difference not to mention camber/caster and suspension spring, piston, and shock weight. Since you have the fastest recorded lap at your track I'm sure you already know all of that.

I'm super pumped about the 2.0, going back to the awesome build now
Old 03-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Best tool purchase ever for the money, you will not regret it!

Originally Posted by ussprinceton
I have built several RC kits before and I only used the L hex wrenches from the hardware store. I would be able to complete the kit builds, but my fingers would hurt after a while. Now, I have invested a little bit of money to buy the proper tools, since I have 3 kits that are waiting for me to start and finish. I have one TLR 22SCT kit and two TLR Ten-SCTE 2.0 kits. I will certainly enjoy the builds better, using my brand new MIP Thorp hex wrenches. I only have six of them thus far, but I don't usually use the other sizes. I bought the 1.5mm, 2.0mm, 2.5mm, .050, 1/16", and 5/64".

Old 03-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Do the lower shock caps screw on all the way to bottom out on the shoulder of the shock body ?
I didn't want to thread them down, seemed to me like they were made to accomadate a shock boot ?

Also the front shocks at the top seem to loosely mount on the post.

A few things I noticed, instructions are basically pictures only, some screws could have used a larger allen wrench, lower shock caps,(must be designed for boots) cvd's tiny pins, rear diff out puts have plastic insert thingys PITA, gold nuts, battery size adjustment not quick change, front top plate needs the spacer.
The shocks are nice quality, & diffs went together just fine. The quality of the screws could have been better, comes with grease, loctite, fluids & tools needed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.