Wiki Posts
Search

Losi motor running backwards

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Losi motor running backwards

my buddy (thanks Chad)let me borrow his dex 210 which he just changed from mid motor to rear. he has a tekin rs in it. I cant get it to run forward, only reverse. I have followed tekin trouble shooting advice without sucess. The motor in this rear motor configuration is on the opposie side then normal. Any ideas?
Old 01-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If you are holding the motor in your hand with the pinion end facing you and you apply throttle forward it should be running counterclockwise.
The motor should run in the same direction regardless of the transmission being mid or rear.
Are you also using his radio ? if not and you are using yours it's simply the channel needing reversing in the transmitter.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hobdog
my buddy (thanks Chad)let me borrow his dex 210 which he just changed from mid motor to rear. he has a tekin rs in it. I cant get it to run forward, only reverse. I have followed tekin trouble shooting advice without sucess. The motor in this rear motor configuration is on the opposie side then normal. Any ideas?
Doesn't the Durango have a 3 gear or 4 gear transmission option for both mid and rear motor? Sounds like it wasn't switched to the 3 gear configuration when switched to rear motor. Typically 3 gear is used for rear motor, 4 gear for mid motor best as I know.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is it a sensored or sensorless motor? If its sensorless just switch the two outer wires.

@Dave H, As far as I know the durango can use 3 or 4 gear tranny in either mid or rear motor, you just switch which side the motor is mounted on depending what you are running.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Aravan
Is it a sensored or sensorless motor? If its sensorless just switch the two outer wires.

@Dave H, As far as I know the durango can use 3 or 4 gear tranny in either mid or rear motor, you just switch which side the motor is mounted on depending what you are running.
Ah, on second thought what I posted probably doesn't make sense, oops. Perhaps it is 3 gear but without the motor mounted on the correct side?