Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Do you think Mugen will ever release 1/10 off road kits? >

Do you think Mugen will ever release 1/10 off road kits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you think Mugen will ever release 1/10 off road kits?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
Ha Ha Ha! Hilarious
Ok fine, Monocles are still pretty darned cool, I'll give them that one but that's it!

Where ya been the last couple weeks Chris? We need your presence at Westcoast! PM me your number. Hopefully I'll see ya at the track on Sat!
Old 06-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Ok fine, Monocles are still pretty darned cool, I'll give them that one but that's it!

Where ya been the last couple weeks Chris? We need your presence at Westcoast! PM me your number. Hopefully I'll see ya at the track on Sat!
PM coming... lame weddings and other stuff keeping me away

Yeah, you need someone to run door to door onto the straight with that won't hack you into the pits at the other end
Old 06-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Part of Mugens reputation is due to the durability of their 1/8 scale products. That reputation is likely to suffer if they do 1/10 scale, SCT excluded.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MajorKong
Part of Mugens reputation is due to the durability of their 1/8 scale products. That reputation is likely to suffer if they do 1/10 scale, SCT excluded.

I'd say mugen is know more for quality than durability. I broke quite a few things on my mugen truggy.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

In 2 years I never broke a single part on my Mugen truggy. In the same time frame my teammate broke a single front arm by sheering it off on a piece of sheet metal that was poorly utilized as a pit road divider.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Besides not remembering the last time I broke something on my converted MBX-5, the diffs, axles... everything you can think of is near bomb proof. Every few years new out drives and a couple times a year new pins in the center cva's.
Have had this rig since about 2003, original diffs and all gears but the spur are from when I first built it, now that's the eco spur.

Mugen just does it right.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Nearly all of Mugen's current lineup is very tough. However, the MBX6T truggy at least, does have a bit of a reputation for breaking front arms. All the other Mugens I've owned have been super tough and the quality is among the best.

Mugen needs to expand their lineup. Sure, I do like their focus, but lets face it, 1/8th onroad nitro and 1/10th nitro is getting less and less popular.