Snow Snow go away Someone like TLR,AE or Traxxas make a RC Snowmobile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Snow Snow go away Someone like TLR,AE or Traxxas make a RC Snowmobile

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

living North of Buffalo in that other country where we currently have about 8" of whitestuff down I can telll you all to stay inside and save your money...
The sled would be great on a nice lawn until it rolls over... then someone has to wade out to flip it over creating holes or "land mines" in the nice lawn that swallows toys involving more trips causing more mines...
and picture starting a cold nitro engine and tuning with your gloves off cuz you cant do it with them on after spilling cold nitro fuel on them which results in the 20 % of the fuel which was oil to be in the gloves...

I had a nitro blizzard and it was breathtaking at speed.... no
there was no good reason to ever take it out again after the first run as it really wasnt any FUN at all.
The guy here in ontario even made twin track formula sleds.. Traxxas wont make it because no one wants to buy it.

Or at least we all think it would be fun UNTIL standing in the freezing cold with a dead nistarter
Old 01-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Anyone ever run a mono-hull boat out in the snow? LOL I was just thinking how fun that would be.. LOL I may have to give it a go.. I need a bigger prop though

EDIT - I'm not the only one thinking that.. BOAT

Last edited by 8ight-e; 01-03-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WIGMAN
Traxxas is also out of Texas, they would have to come north to do their testing.
Those artattack snowmobiles were pretty much junk in more than 1 " of snow they were crap........I think it would be wicked to stud the track put some carbides on the ski's and race them around an ice rink.
While I wouldnt say they are junk , the ArtAttack sleds do have many flaws , the biggest being the track , there isnt enough paddle on it to get the floatation it needs in deeper snow .

Mine would do ok in up to 3-4 inches of powder , on packed snow it will lift the skis . My track is studded with SS sheet metal screws and I run mine with a Castle Mamba Monster ESC and 2650Kv motor on 4s and its pretty fast .

I think Traxxas could do a decent sled if they emulate the current long track sled designs . I would buy one if it worked in deeper powder .

Here is a vid of mine (click on the pic) from last year , sorry for the crappy vid it was done on an older phone .
Old 01-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

New Bright and it's big , thats an Axial SCX roller next to it
Got it in a trade and haven't messed with it at all.... yet
Old 01-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

http://youtu.be/nQiluaApU-A
This makes me wish I wasn't selling my spartan