Wiki Posts
Search

Losi xxx-sct??

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default Losi xxx-sct??

What do u all think of the losi xxx sct? Im thinking a out getting back into sc racing and i want something better then a slash and right around the same area as the sc10. I cant afford a sc10 4x4 or scte 4x4 so those are out. But i have a chance to get a nice losi xxx sct and it comes with a brushless setup. But are these trucks still a h0t item? Im doing my research and would like some opinions. Any help would be apreciated. Thanks
Old 12-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

they work just fine
Normally I would point you toward the vehicle specific thread so you get the best info / most help but oddly enough if you search " losi sct " a vehicle specific thread doesn't seem to pop up for me.
I have one its' good enough to get in the game. Welcome back and have fun.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks. I just found the thread for it finaly and theres alot of reading in there.
Alot of times its a bunch of people arguing and your stuck reading for hrs for nothing. But i will pick at it as i go. Just thought id ask if it was a popular truck still. And if its better the. Most 1/10 scale 2wd out there
Old 12-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcjunky2002
What do u all think of the losi xxx sct? Im thinking a out getting back into sc racing and i want something better then a slash and right around the same area as the sc10. I cant afford a sc10 4x4 or scte 4x4 so those are out. But i have a chance to get a nice losi xxx sct and it comes with a brushless setup. But are these trucks still a h0t item? Im doing my research and would like some opinions. Any help would be apreciated. Thanks
I would avoid that truck. I had one, and it was not worth the effort I put into it. If your looking used I am sure you can also find a nice sc 10 factory team for about the same money or maybe just a little more. Even if you have to spend a little more it will be worth your money. The truck did not seem to be as durable as the SC10 and did not handle near as well as the SC 10.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

I am lookin at the team associated sc10 4x4 ft. And thinking about powering it with a mamba max pro motor and esc. What combo would be best? And what is better about the ft then the regular one? And should i get the 4x4 or 2wd? I plan on using it indoor and outdoor on both dirt and carpet and aome minor bashing around the yard.. Does the ft have a good drivetrain? Better then the stock one?
Old 12-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

I am lookin at the team associated sc10 4x4 ft. And thinking about powering it with a mamba max pro motor and esc. What combo would be best? And what is better about the ft then the regular one? And should i get the 4x4 or 2wd? I plan on using it indoor and outdoor on both dirt and carpet and aome minor bashing around the yard.. Does the ft have a good drivetrain? Better then the stock one?
I would say if your new into rc avoid 4x4 for now especially if your not good with wrenching yet. Get a 2wd Team Associated truck. The factory team model has better shocks and several other upgrades that make it a better all around vehicle especially for racing. If you go with a 4x4 sc you have to get the speedo for 8th scale as well as a 550 motor. At our local track tekin has been very good in both the 2wd and 4x4 classes.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

Im not new to rc. I used to race indoor carpet short course but got out of it to get back into mts. But now i wanna get back into it cause theres a track that just opened up in my town. I been into rcs for 15 yrs and have had pretty much everyrhing from planes to boats to short course, mts and onroad. Even 1/5 scales. I just thought id ask some of u pros lol since im no pro. I have been out of the sc thing for a while now
Old 12-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Then you should be good either way, only thing I hear people complain about the AE 4x4 SC it the belt drive design.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Ive seen a fiee reviews from some users and they did mention that too but they never had issues with it. I like the 4x4 trucks cause im a mt guy but im wondering if the 2wd would be just as good. I just wNna buy the right one and only do it once lol
Old 12-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

If your going to race at the local track, I would see which one has the most entries on club night to help you decide.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Oh ya thats not a bad idea. Thanks
Old 12-25-2012, 01:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I had an XXX-SCT. It was a very good truck. Not as aggressive as an SC10, but that's actually a good thing for a lot of drivers. I thought it was much easier to drive than the associated truck.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Personally I would avoid an SC10 4x4 or 2wd. Your first choice on the Losi xxx sct is a good one, plenty of parts, the handle well, durable and their price is good right now, as far as speed controlers go the mamba is ok, most that hate on the Losi are just brand loyal..I have no brand loyalty, the biggest reason on the sc10 4x4 is its not easy to work on, weak diffs, needs work..read up on them ..I have no hate for them, I have 2 of em..but it is what it is, on the 2wd sc10, good truck but it's no better than a xxx sct plus the xxx sct is $199 for an RTR..good deal.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I agree with blade. I've driven the sc10 before and own the xxx-sct. The losi is easier to drive fast for me, and more durable. I've never even broken an a-arm on it.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Between me and my body, he's got the Sc10 2wd and I also use to own a xxx-SCT. I out handled him in every corner, and had better luck on jumps. I've never owned a Sc10 but I use to drive his all the time before I got my sct.