Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
team associated b4.1 factory team kit HELP >

team associated b4.1 factory team kit HELP

team associated b4.1 factory team kit HELP

Old 12-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Default team associated b4.1 factory team kit HELP

i am thinking about buying one of the afformentioned kits, however i need help with what to put in it
i was thinking a sidewinder sv2 combo 4600 (motor and esc)
for the servo a Savox SC-1258TG
i have no idea which pinion gear
and i will also need batteries, battery charger and a transmitter/reciever, i am told that the traxxas link 2.4ghz is a good option
is there anything i am missing or need, please dont hate i am new and inexperienced in rc cars
Old 12-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You might want to post in the electric OFF road car section. It's the third one down. I'm not sure about the motor and ESC. A combo might be best. A Futaba radio is a great place to start. Get the Futaba 3PL. It's about $115 at A-Main hobbies and comes with a receiver. Additional receivers are $40 each. That's cheap! The 3PL has a 10 car memory.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

That combo is not really meant for buggies. It is more for the Short course trucks. With a buggy you are going to want a sensored system. The castle motor is sensorless, and does not do well at low speeds. I has a tendency to cog where as a sensored system is real smooth at lower speeds which gives you better control. I would suggest trinity motors and an orion r10pro esc or a tekin. Both are great for racing. They can be kinda pricey but well worth it. The futaba mentioned above is a good starting point. If you arent on a budget then I would suggest the KoPropo Eurus or a Futaba 4pks. If price is a concern they Futaba 4pl is also good. The savox servo is a good one as well. I would stay away from the traxxas TX/RX unless you are running traxxas vehicles. They are not the greatest controllers.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Great advice. I don't like Traxxas radios either. Kind of crappy. I use a Futaba 4PL. It's a great radio and I can't ever anticipate needing anything else. It's $250. My son has the 3PL and honestly, it's good enough to last you for years or a total of 10 vehicles. Which ever comes first. The 4PL has a 40 model memory. Honestly, I would have been fine with the 3PL as well. The 4PL looked cooler so I got that one. That's pretty much the only reason. HA! I also use Savox servos. They work great! You definitely want a sensored motor. You'll know it's sensored as it will have a six wire wiring harness that plugs into the back of the motor. Other end goes into the ESC. This is in addition to the other three main wires you have that go from your ESC to the motor. Cogging sucks.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:04 AM
Tech Rookie

so it looks like the updated list is as follows,
futaba 3pl transmitter
the same servo savox sc-1258tg (is this a bit of an overkill?)
trinity motor D3.5 17.5 Turn ROAR Spec Brushless Motor TEP1082
and i really have no idea what makes a good esc so could i have a few recommendations there
p.s.thanks for all the quick help
p.p.s. i am trying to make this as cheap as possible
Old 12-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by timmy181
so it looks like the updated list is as follows,
futaba 3pl transmitter
the same servo savox sc-1258tg (is this a bit of an overkill?)
trinity motor D3.5 17.5 Turn ROAR Spec Brushless Motor TEP1082
and i really have no idea what makes a good esc so could i have a few recommendations there
p.s.thanks for all the quick help
p.p.s. i am trying to make this as cheap as possible
This is a great ESC for the price. Should work fine with that buggy and motor. I have one in my touring car and I love it! $63. It ships out of Oklahoma City.
http://www.brushlesshobbies.com/LT4-...mer_p_112.html

Also, have you seen the B4.1 thread in the off road forum? It's packed with info and 25,000+ replies! That's the thread you want to be asking questions in.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...am-thread.html