Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who has a JATO?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

the price won't go down for a goooooooood long while. what was it, four years before T-maxx prices came down?
Old 04-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Now the prices are going up on there other models MSRP. Revo and Smaxx are going up $35 and the T-Maxx $10.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Sorry for a newbie question, but what is so bad about the controllers in Traxxas products?

I just bought my first RC about a week ago, Traxxas Revo, and having no other controllers to compare it to mine seems to work just fine.

Like I said though, I have nothing to compare it to.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's not that they work bad but that they lack features that they really should have.If you are going to do any racing a steering dual rate function is pretty much mandatory-most radio companies very cheapest systems have this.And any nitro powered vehicle should have servo endpoint adjustments.They are all 27mhz(only 6 freqs. available)and am.The radios included in pretty much all other RTR's are better and the ones Losi uses are far better.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Tower Hobbies now expected the car 'Early May'. My LHS says he should have a few this coming Wednesday/Thursday. Great...
Old 04-30-2005, 07:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Extreamly Newbie

Hi every one! I was just searching the web for RC and find the Traxxas home page.
I look at the JATO video and just loved it! So I order it from Tower (the lower price I could find).

It Said "early may" but I don't know exacly when is that.
I like off road in general, I live in Mexico near to a very big dune area (biger than glamis) so I just wondering if the Jato will do it in the dunes, what do you think guys?
Old 04-30-2005, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Dyer13
What do you mean right SHIFT??? What is that?
the shift is wheither the radio uses the channels above or below the frequency. some radios have an up shift which means they use the 2 or 3 microfrequencies right above the main frequencey. and others have a down shift which means they use the 2-3 microfrequenceies right below the main frequency. all am radio's use upshift. on fm hitec and Futaba radios have a down shift. airtronics jr and ko use up shift.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

And hitec recievers are available in both!
Old 05-01-2005, 07:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Extreamly Newbie

Originally posted by edgardomc
Hi every one! I was just searching the web for RC and find the Traxxas home page.
I look at the JATO video and just loved it! So I order it from Tower (the lower price I could find).

It Said "early may" but I don't know exacly when is that.
I like off road in general, I live in Mexico near to a very big dune area (biger than glamis) so I just wondering if the Jato will do it in the dunes, what do you think guys?
Bwahaha.. Guess you'll be the first few to get it, eh? Just take it easy for a few days until your hobby shop starts getting some replacement parts for it.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

the hobby shop i work at already has them......great pricing too....
Old 05-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default finally!

Finaly I've recived my jato yesterday afternoon, and I spend the night trying to start the engine, as you must know I've never had a r/c so it was really frustaning for me. finaly after figuring out all the problems the engine starts! it was really exciting for me after days of waiting and hours trying hear the veemveemveemvem!
at this point it was 12 am and I procced with the break in I reach the 3rd gas tank, I was was amazed with the perfomance this far and I haven't pass the 1/2 throttle and went to sleep.
in the next day I went to work (I'm a used car dealer) and I was despred to continue with the break in I was for the 4th tank, finally I taste the FULL THROTTLE! I finished with the 4th tank and the then it happend...
I lost the EZ-starter! now I will have to wait again cuz I live in mexico and we don't have hobby stores here in my town, all my neightboors were excited with the jato and so do I, well I'll have to wait, again...
Old 05-23-2005, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone else has one? I need to hear more opinions because I'm going to get a nitro off-roader in about a week or so...saw the Jato in the display at Mike's Hobby Store here in Dallas and it looks kind of small. I might end up with the Revo or the Jammin' X1 if this truck's not up to my expectations.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Default check this

Thai3g_Eclipse

I can easy bet on the jato against the revo it is Rocket Fast!!!
check this forums:
http://monster.traxxas.com/forumdisp...?s=&forumid=58
Old 05-23-2005, 12:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by edgardomc
Thai3g_Eclipse

I can easy bet on the jato against the revo it is Rocket Fast!!!
check this forums:
http://monster.traxxas.com/forumdisp...?s=&forumid=58
...I think I'm going to get a Revo. Looks like it's going to be more of a basher.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

gimme an ST over an MT any day.
i'd miss reverse on my T-maxx if it weren't for the ability to kick my OTHER offroad nitros off the obstacle