Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TrakPower speed equipment thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 08:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by wyd
Could be a sensor wire but it sounds to me more like the receiver is shutting off for a second and then regaining signal. Are you using a 2.4 setup? I had this happen on the first generation Spektrum stuff.
Yeah , running the Associated XP3G 2.4ghz tx/rx, I did accidentally kink the wire pretty bad during installation so the thought of a bad reciever did cross my mind as well , I placed an order for a Spektrum TX/RX and also purchased a new sensor wire, I will install these and try the truck again saturday, atleast if it doesnt fix the problem I will have narrowed it down to something internal in the Motor or ESC. It just sucks because every sensored system I've ever owned from cheap Speed Passion and Hobbywings to this more expensive Trakpower system has given me problems and kinda made me just want to say screw it and use the Reedy sensorless / XP esc combo from my RTR. I know sensored is suppost to be the way to go for racing , but I dont see an advantage if I cant make it through one pack without some kind of trouble with the sensor system.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Hi all. I don't know if anybody has talked about the TP 3250 90C lipos yet. A bunch of us have been using them and they are fantastic. They have good pop and bring the total weight of my buggies to under 1450 grams. With the buggy that light the lipo works for stock or mod.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:43 PM
Tech Rookie

well I purchased a new Spektrum DX2E with Reciever, changed the Sensor Wire and also exchanged the Trakpower ESC/Motor Combo for a new one, Im happy to report that one of those changes fixed my problem of the Motor cutting out and delaying for a few seconds after a hard landing. I am very pleased with the Trakpower ms-1 / 10.5t Combo, its very smooth and I am happy to finally have a sensored system that works. I do not know exactly which changed fixed my problem, but im leaning torwards the sensor wire or reciever.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:41 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey, I got a smoking deal on an MS-1 with a programmer. I'm not able to get the ESC to connect to the computer. I have the printed instructions, and when I get to the part where I hold down the "S" button, the "Getting Parameters" never appears. The MS Connect recognizes if I disconnect the adaptor. I'm using a laptop running 64bit Windows 8.1, any word on what the problem could be. I'd really like to check the settings and make sure the software is up to date.

Thanks

Last edited by Mantis Toboggan; 06-22-2015 at 04:59 AM.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Hi,

Does anyone have the exe file for the MS Connect software that they can share with me.
I can't find it on the web and Horizon Hobby says they don't have it.