Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crazy Vintage rc idea...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default Crazy Vintage rc idea...

I just went all gooey eyed over a pic of a JRx2. It was my first real race car. I wish i could buy one. I wish I could buy a NEW one
Clearly that's imposible. Although Tamiya seems to find it worthwhile re-releasing old models- the hornet and the wild willy comes to mind.
Then I remembered RPM made a rc10 stealth conversion that came with a molded chassis, suspension arms etc... We're talking way way back here- probably 1990.
So i thought... Wouldn't it be great if somewhat made replicas of older designs in the same manner! You'd get a molded chassis, arms, etc, and would bolt on modern shocks/gearboxes/wheels etc...
It's probably a crazy put-this-man-in-a-padded-room idea, but still, I would love to see it happen
Old 03-30-2005, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sounds like a good idea to me. I would love to run my Jrx-pro again, but I am afraid to break something. If the reproduction parts were compatible it would allow people to run their older cars. again. I have been buying parts on e-bay for my Ultima too!
Old 04-01-2005, 03:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have a FOX buggy that I just dug out of the closet. 10 year old battery (1400) It took a charge and I went for a 2 minute ride in my driveway before the battery died. Love thoses old speed controls:-) slow faster and fastest!

anyone want to buy it?