Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

ewippler makes a carbon fiber shaft for the Ofna 1/8 electric buggy. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...g-cars-27.html. Im sure this would work for our application.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cain: It's not perfect. The stiffer springs are causing some issues. I will be creating landing ramps for the jumps eventually. Overall the car is much improved. It no longer bottoms out at least. Everywhere else it's better.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Victory
Cain: It's not perfect. The stiffer springs are causing some issues. I will be creating landing ramps for the jumps eventually. Overall the car is much improved. It no longer bottoms out at least. Everywhere else it's better.

Cool. was wondering if with the 1.4 x 8 hole pistons if the stiffer springs are blowing through them causing issues in comparison to a 1.3 x 8 hole setup, if that makes sense.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Fabulous
Hey Tekno! How about a Carbon Fiber Front Center Driveshaft?
That'd be over the top......but I'd get one!!!!
Old 08-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bernard_Jr
I used the furthest forward hole in the front.
Attachment 1105665

In the rear I used the furthest forward hole as well.
Attachment 1105666
Thanks man.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bcholka
That'd be over the top......but I'd get one!!!!
+1
Old 08-28-2013, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brandonmorris44
A ryobi cordless drill
yes but take it slow with the drill so you don't melt the plastic. Using the 4v version which I really like I set the clutch to 5 then finish off the last bit by hand. Also be careful if you use it with Al wheel nuts when putting tires on. I've cross-threaded two JC nuts and ruined them as well as one tekno.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I've got wrist issues and have been through a few drivers. My favorite so far Is the Bosch driver. The clutch is pretty soft and is great for the plastic on the Tekno.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_72876-353-PS...ver&facetInfo=
Old 08-28-2013, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.ryobitools.com/catalog/po...ordless/HP53LK

I use this on everything and just make sure to use the appropriate torque amount. Its great and comes with a nice little bag to toss all of your bits in and the charge lasts a while, built my whole kit on one charge. Although I do suggest hand wrenching some more sensitive areas like the diffs but with any driver, try not to push, let the screw find the threads to avoid cross threading, t his is not as important on the initial build because you are creating the threads in many situations but I still try to let the screw pull in rather then push it in.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fq06
Ooohhhh mechanical brakes would be so sweet outdoors. Brake bias front to rear and (IMO) more control in your brakes. More of a benefit on a outdoor track where traction is not like a high bite clay indoor track.
Cooler motor temps because your motor is not doing the braking.

Clutch is a benefit if you come from racing nitro and the freewheel effect of it is what your used to. Also on a outdoor track the turns are a little bigger in arc so you don't want your motor to act as a brake when you want to flow through the turn.

Just my take from racing nitro buggy for years, I would go to that setup if I raced outdoor regularly but the somewhat local tracks are all indoor high bite tracks that don't have lanes as wide as a driveway.
How would you set break bias? I thought it just connected to the center diff and would affect breaking evenly?
Old 08-28-2013, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Graham11

I use this on everything and just make sure to use the appropriate torque amount. Its great and comes with a nice little bag to toss all of your bits in and the charge lasts a while, built my whole kit on one charge. Although I do suggest hand wrenching some more sensitive areas like the diffs but with any driver, try not to push, let the screw find the threads to avoid cross threading, t his is not as important on the initial build because you are creating the threads in many situations but I still try to let the screw pull in rather then push it in.
Yep and a spare battery is < $10 One charge lasts all race day and can always bring the spare just in case. It's one of those deals where the same battery can power flashlights radio's etc. in that line of tools.

My drill, a driver that fits the wheel nuts, a AE blue handle hex set, and a pair of needle nose handles 90% of my tool needs.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mizchief
How would you set break bias? I thought it just connected to the center diff and would affect breaking evenly?
If they are like every other mechanical brake, there's a disk on the front and back side of the diff. You set the linkage to pull more on the front than the rear or rear more than the front or somewhere in between.

Last edited by fq06; 08-28-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mizchief
Yep and a spare battery is < $10 One charge lasts all race day and can always bring the spare just in case. It's one of those deals where the same battery can power flashlights radio's etc. in that line of tools.

My drill, a driver that fits the wheel nuts, a AE blue handle hex set, and a pair of needle nose handles 90% of my tool needs.
Thats exactly what I throw in my bag for practice and when I am wrenching plus some threadlock... could prob get away with it on race day but I usually bring more just in case.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cpt_RedBeard
I've got wrist issues and have been through a few drivers. My favorite so far Is the Bosch driver. The clutch is pretty soft and is great for the plastic on the Tekno.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_72876-353-PS...ver&facetInfo=
Originally Posted by Graham11

Ive had both of those at one point and they work fine, but this is the ultimate driver IMO.
http://www.makitausa.com/en-us/Modul...spx?Name=FD01W
I had a contractor doing some work at my house and he was using one of these. Picked his up and after about 2 min of checking it out I went and ordered one.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
Ive had both of those at one point and they work fine, but this is the ultimate driver IMO.
http://www.makitausa.com/en-us/Modul...spx?Name=FD01W
I had a contractor doing some work at my house and he was using one of these. Picked his up and after about 2 min of checking it out I went and ordered one.
I second that Makita. Well worth the premium over the Ryobi. I had the Ryobi and immediately order the Makita after I used JHautz's Makita one day at the track.

For about $100 bucks you can get the driver and two battery packs on Amazon. The battery lasts about 5 times as long as that Ryobi. With the Ryobi, the battery was good for maybe one complete build on a car. The Makita lasts forever. Plus it charges almost completely in like 30 minutes. You never have to worry about a dead battery. The clutch is also much more fine tuned along with the speed and won't strip the plastic. Finally, it is just a way more comfortable driver.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.