Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by colormegone
What oil and springs for Loganville track. I was just going to build them per instructions and try that first....
Sucks we got rained out tomorrow. I would have went since it was going to only be in the 70's..
Yea I had my truck packed up and everything, now need to scramble to get my 2wd ready for hotshots vs. the ebuggy. Will be running basically the same settings for the tight indoor track.

It's the srmaos setup but with orange front and yellow rear kyosho springs then going to try the 8 x 1.3 pistons vs. stock with 35 in the front and 32.5 in the rear. Stock diff weights, but may go up on the center to get better traction for the short triple.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GrimReminder
I'll second that opinion. I even just had the opportunity to compare my VTX8 against a new RX8 GEN2 that a friend of mine loaned me for a week to try and although the GEN2 is better than the original RX8, I wouldn't trade my VTX8 for any other esc on the market at this point. Hell I'll even run a hobbywing 150a before tekin anymore. The Viper has to be the most durable and reliable ESC on the market to date.
the VTX8 hasn't been out that long. how long have you had yours to be able to crown it "the most durable and reliable" esc?
Old 08-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default Viper

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
the VTX8 hasn't been out that long. how long have you had yours to be able to crown it "the most durable and reliable" esc?
Exactly. Its just a flash in the pan compared to the RX8s' longevity. I especially hated the programming through the proguage. I beta tested for Viper when they first launched the company. Had nothing but problems with their 10th scale stuff(motors and escs). Cant say Im a big fan. Ditched Viper even when I was getting their electronics free.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
I first saw one last year in the spring some time. One of the guys at my local track is a Viper sponsored driver, and was beta testing it.

I can't say that it's the most durable, but logic tells me that the aluminum case will take a heck of a lot more beating than the plastic one will. I realize they're a relitively new esc, so time will tell.

Originally Posted by Brushless420
Exactly. Its just a flash in the pan compared to the RX8s' longevity. I especially hated the programming through the proguage. I beta tested for Viper when they first launched the company. Had nothing but problems with their 10th scale stuff(motors and escs). Cant say Im a big fan. Ditched Viper even when I was getting their electronics free.
Why did you hate programming through the proguage?
Old 08-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

3rd time out at the track last night with this truck. Could use some help. I run on an indoor clay track. WCRC for you SoCal locals. My issue is turck feels real twitchy and loose at the rear coming around corners. With my previous truck (RC8.2e SC conversion) I could run down the straight and release the throttle a few feet before entering the turn and let her coast in and throttle coming out of the sweeper. Try this with the Tekno and she spins out at the turns apex before I can throttle out. I’m using the same esc/motor as my old truck with no drag brake set. I’ve been compensating by releasing throttle earlier and feathering it around the sweeper. Then around turns it’ll fish tail if I throttle out before I’ve actually rounded the corner. It really feels like my B4.1 with the slipper too tight spinning out in the turns with too much throttle. I will say that with a lot of compensation on my part I was able to get within a second of my fastest lap times in my old truck. This thing turns great. I was able to get under some buddies in the turns hugging the pipes. Whereas I would previously always turn wide no matter how hard I tried. On a side note this thing jumps great. I did not experience any nose diving except when I blipped the brakes too much. . I can see the potential this truck has I just hate not being able to be aggressive by pussy footing it around the track. Posting my setup which is for the most part the Barry Baker setup as I know he ran at West Coast and OCRC.
Let me know what you think. Help.
Attached Thumbnails Tekno SCT410 Thread-sct410-setup-wcrc-aldo.jpg  
Old 08-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT
Did you triple it or double, single ?
I tried the triple once in practice and hit the face. I double singled it every lap after. It didn't seem worth trying. The first jump sends you more up than forward as you can see. I was jumping into the turn off the third jump and it seemed like a pretty fast line still.

There was one guy that could clear it but his truck looked like his ride height was much higher and maybe that helped get the extra distance. Some of the 1/8's couldn't make that triple.

The pictures really don't show how difficult that layout really is.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mizchief
So are you the resident spook in our thread?
Lol -nope but I worked in their proximity before.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamr1130
3rd time out at the track last night with this truck. Could use some help. I run on an indoor clay track. WCRC for you SoCal locals. My issue is turck feels real twitchy and loose at the rear coming around corners. With my previous truck (RC8.2e SC conversion) I could run down the straight and release the throttle a few feet before entering the turn and let her coast in and throttle coming out of the sweeper. Try this with the Tekno and she spins out at the turns apex before I can throttle out. I’m using the same esc/motor as my old truck with no drag brake set. I’ve been compensating by releasing throttle earlier and feathering it around the sweeper. Then around turns it’ll fish tail if I throttle out before I’ve actually rounded the corner. It really feels like my B4.1 with the slipper too tight spinning out in the turns with too much throttle. I will say that with a lot of compensation on my part I was able to get within a second of my fastest lap times in my old truck. This thing turns great. I was able to get under some buddies in the turns hugging the pipes. Whereas I would previously always turn wide no matter how hard I tried. On a side note this thing jumps great. I did not experience any nose diving except when I blipped the brakes too much. . I can see the potential this truck has I just hate not being able to be aggressive by pussy footing it around the track. Posting my setup which is for the most part the Barry Baker setup as I know he ran at West Coast and OCRC.
Thicken up your rear diff oil , try 5000. If you built it stock then you have a thicker sway bar in the rear, try switching it with the front one. You could also try a longer wheelbase just move the rear hub shims to in front of the hub.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamr1130

Maybe try pulling a degree of anti squat out and shortening the rear camber links? Might be alright to dial out some steering as well.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brushless420
There is something to be said for how long the RX8 has been around, as well as castles MMM. But, it hasn't been exactly failure free for all for ANY esc. We need to keep that in mind regarding all brands.

Ultimately, how the company handles warranty and out of warranty service matters probably as much as the reliability.

Off the soap box ...
Old 08-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here are the new features of the EB48.2, courtesy of BigSquid. Mostly interested in the new diff gears.

- New more durable XT suspension arms
- New +1.5 degree rear toe plate and new 0.5 degree offset insert
- New shock cartridges and shock bushings
- New differential cross-pins and internal gears
- New straight cut CNC diff ring and pinion gears
- New lightened aluminum center driveshaft
- New HD servo saver spring and more durable servo horn
Old 08-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

I believe the improved diffs are just the SCT410 diffs (slotted pins).
Old 08-16-2013, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Thanks for the advise antimullet and slotmachine. I will try these one at a time and see what changes work.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bernard_Jr
I tried the triple once in practice and hit the face. I double singled it every lap after. It didn't seem worth trying. The first jump sends you more up than forward as you can see. I was jumping into the turn off the third jump and it seemed like a pretty fast line still.

There was one guy that could clear it but his truck looked like his ride height was much higher and maybe that helped get the extra distance. Some of the 1/8's couldn't make that triple.

The pictures really don't show how difficult that layout really is.
I wasn't able to do it either..I hit the face and landed in the grass trying to triple it during a hot lap..Good thing the SCT410 is bullet proof The layout is difficult but its flows well.

I watched the Scorcher 2wd SCT amain on youtube. Landen L. single, single, singled that section everytime and he still turned consistent 33 sec laps.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT
I wasn't able to do it either..I hit the face and landed in the grass trying to triple it during a hot lap..Good thing the SCT410 is bullet proof The layout is difficult but its flows well.

I watched the Scorcher 2wd SCT amain on youtube. Landen L. single, single, singled that section everytime and he still turned consistent 33 sec laps.
Yea you should of heard the cringes on the stand when I was casing the crap out of that table top-> double trying to quad it. (from the fisheye pic a page back) Hit the face with the front bumper and bounced back a good 3 feet. Just kept on going and brought it around for another shot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.