Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beaven
well not being privy to such info i based my comment on what was published and how they bias their reviews...don't get your panties in a knot over this.
No bias here. I write exactly what I think each and every time and will not hold back in any review I write. There is nobody telling me what to say or what not to say... Nobody.

Originally Posted by ButtDyno
Crazy cool car....what do you got now?
I have a few, but something faster and better handling.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=IIGQ4U;12027027]No bias here. I write exactly what I think each and every time and will not hold back in any review I write. There is nobody telling me what to say or what not to say... Nobody.

that is refreshing to hear...thanks for your honesty...
Old 04-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

im also using kyosho white straight hole 1.3x8 pistons with losi 40wt/32.5wt oils and works everywhere. i also use xray blue grey front springs with xray greys in the rear on my sons truck, kyosho light blue fronts and orange rears on mine. as for the towers im using tsr carbons from a local guy that makes them, awsome fit and finish.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cain
lol, I am thinking of just adding in a servo there as a place holder.
That would be a lot easier and not nearly as messy as my method of Shoe Gooing lead. LOL

Cain: you mentioned using an empty servo case to hold your weights. You may have to use lead depending on your setup of course. I running a savox 1256, mmp and a hw 4700 just so you know what kind of weight I have of the other side and I needed 67g in the rear to balance it. Of course that depends on size of battery and the position of the battery. Lots of variables. The reason I'm mentioning all of this is my 1256 servo new weighs 52.6g. So I would have a hard time getting mine balanced perfectly just using the case. Of lead is way heavier than titanium. I'm trying to mount all my balancing weights as low as possible any thoughts on this? Putting an old servo in isn't a bad idea but I think the weight could be mounted a hair lower with a little thought. Just thinking out loud. Oh by the way my lap times have improved since I've been working on balance. Not a lot but a couple of tenths. I guess to a pro that would be a lot to a ham and egger like me a megar improvement.

Last edited by jones8352; 04-09-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Thinking about picking up this truck or the new losi. Only thing holdin me back is no parts support at my track. We sell the kit but don't really stock any parts. Do you guys have any comments on this? How is support online? How durable is the truck?
Thanks
Old 04-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryanpatrickgore
Thinking about picking up this truck or the new losi. Only thing holdin me back is no parts support at my track. We sell the kit but don't really stock any parts. Do you guys have any comments on this? How is support online? How durable is the truck?
Thanks
The durability is fantastic with the SCT410. I personally have not broken anything and have been giving it a good beating. Some people are breaking the axle's so I would grab a couple of those for spares. Online support for parts has been good for me. I actually ordered a bunch of spares/extras when I bought the truck, have not used any of them.

I was in the same boat as you before I bought the Tekno (concerned about parts support locally). Glad I went with this truck, parts has been a complete non-issue. My previous truck was an AE SC10 and I was breaking things constantly, but I had parts support locally. With the Tekno, there is no parts support locally, but I never break anything...I prefer it that way
Old 04-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bastard dsm
im also using kyosho white straight hole 1.3x8 pistons with losi 40wt/32.5wt oils and works everywhere. i also use xray blue grey front springs with xray greys in the rear on my sons truck, kyosho light blue fronts and orange rears on mine. as for the towers im using tsr carbons from a local guy that makes them, awsome fit and finish.

nice, too bad I can't see your photobucket behind this darn firewall, argh!

Do you have a setup you can post as well as conditions you feel it works best for?

Those x-ray springs are close to what I have on my eb48.

Originally Posted by jones8352
That would be a lot easier and not nearly as messy as my method of Shoe Gooing lead. LOL
lol. I was thinking maybe even finding a blown servo, gut the case, and use it to hold the weights in.

Thanks
Its very durable. In general stock up on the usual suspects like a-arms, etc. But considering how I was beating up the front end when I had the nose down issue really bad on carpet over concrete, it took the beating well.

Originally Posted by justinco
With the Tekno, there is no parts support locally, but I never break anything...I prefer it that way
Good quote!
Old 04-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks
I bought all kinds of spare parts for my sct410 and after many battery packs of very rough driving, I still have all the spares that I started with, nothing on my truck has broken and I am a very poor driver!
Old 04-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks
I bought mine when they first came out, also bought a bunch of spare parts. Since I've logged tons of laps and haven't broken any stock parts yet. My driveshaft's still look real nice. It's rugged and real fast, I can't say any more other than get one you'll love it!! One other thing Tekno support is the best I've ever encountered.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks
it is a pure BEAST!!! and a must have. haven't broke anything other then the stub axles which tekno has recycled their inventory so all spares are the proper non over hardened ones.....id recommend getting a set of those. i've also broke bottom of shock shaft at psycho nitro blast, i have a feeling that was due to a truggy hitting me, the HUGE jumps didn't help lol. other then that maybe a few hinge pin braces (heard of a few ppl break those but rare). it might be a smart idea to just purchase 2 kits. WAY cheaper compared to getting parts solo. i did and it was an awesome decision. i have pre-built diffs ready to go. built shocks i can swap out depending on diff tracks....etc..... well worth it!!! and customer support and all of us supporters are always here to help with ANYTHING!!!.....its a monster!! grab one and see your lap times drop almost instantly!!
Old 04-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

I wouldnt go as far as saying your lap times drop instantly, but with some work it can be tuned fairly easy and the truck has enough adjustments to fit any driving style.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bastard dsm
I wouldnt go as far as saying your lap times drop instantly, but with some work it can be tuned fairly easy and the truck has enough adjustments to fit any driving style.
well........u know what i mean
Old 04-09-2013, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

wow sounds good, thanks alot guys, helpfull in here.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

no prob. thats what were here for
Old 04-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

another thing of note with the truck, it is really responsive to setup changes and also have a variety of changes that can be done as it comes out of the box. Coming from an SC10 4x4, that was a nice bonus, especially the rear toe setting.

Another item you may want to keep on hand is a spare spur gear if you plan to run the nylon one only. And if you plan to try the whole clutch setup or even a long shank pinion, you need the metal one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.