Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 06:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by justinco
I totally agree. There is a track local to me that has that "sandpaper" surface and I don't drive there because my tires are toast after a couples heats.

Anyways, hoping to get back on the track this week with my SCT410. Anyone come across a chassis skin/protector yet that fits this truck?
Twisted skins on facebook. I am waiting on mine to get here.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoopdaloop
Any know who has aluminum hexes for the 410 in stock? I can't find them anywhere. I messaged two people yesterday that had blue hexes on their trucks.. no replies.. I rather not mod a hex to get it to fit. Any other hexes a direct fit?
Pick up any set for the SC10 4X4 and sand them down a bit. Its worth finding someone that will let you use a bench sander to ensure they are perfectly flat after sanding. I then took 600 grit to mine and polished with 1000 and distilled water.

Oh and I broke my 3rd axel last night at practice. I got hit from the side at the end of the straight and my wheel went flying. Front left this time. I have spares, but they are definitely to hard Ive decided. To many people having this problem now to call it a fluke.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dragula426
I have three races on my new Tekno now and 2 TQ's and one win with the other two being second place finishes...Truck is awesome.

I did put a little of my own set-up in it, but it just flicks into the corners, and I can pull throttle in area's my other truck wouldn't allow me to. Super durable, and just planted! One of the guys said he seen it pull the front wheels down the back straight, and our track tends to be a little loose most days.....

Only complaint is its a bit heavy even though it doesn't drive like its heavy, it is taxing my batteries and ESC a bit, but I have good batteries, and a Tekin ESC, so I am just keeping an eye on everything. Heck, the batteries come out almost the same temp as the motor. I think the batteries temped 109° and the motor was 118° and the ESC was 148°...I changed set-up a little and everything is working out. My previous 4wd was much lighter and I have had to find a new set-up to make this one work for me at this weight.....And for the Hexes, I just bored out a set from my Ofna and stuck them on...The plastic ones were wedging into the shallow hexes of the Losi wheels I run.
Those temps are awesome, nothing to worry about at all. My SC4X comes off after a race at 148-150, Batts about the same as yours and ESC also about the same as yours. I run 70C 6000 SMC or Gforce packs (look identical) Tekin RX8 with no fan, 4.5 SX4x with high-torque rotor and a 16T pinion.

Has anyone tried a Hacker 5.5 4-pole motor yet? I have one in my box I want to try out, would like some feedback on a 5.5 before I pull out my Tekin.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ryan_in_Az
Google "universal number plate background" and you'll find a 12"x18" 16mil thick sheet of adhesive vinyl in various colors made by Factory Effex for motocross bikes. I ordered some clear and some yellow. The clear is easier to cut out. It held up good last night.
Cool, thanks!
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Acill
Those temps are awesome, nothing to worry about at all. My SC4X comes off after a race at 148-150, Batts about the same as yours and ESC also about the same as yours. I run 70C 6000 SMC or Gforce packs (look identical) Tekin RX8 with no fan, 4.5 SX4x with high-torque rotor and a 16T pinion.

Has anyone tried a Hacker 5.5 4-pole motor yet? I have one in my box I want to try out, would like some feedback on a 5.5 before I pull out my Tekin.
Well, I never really had an issue where the ESC gets to 148° before as my last truck was less than 5.5lbs...The motor was good on temp, but I was still lacking a little speed, so I went up a tooth on the Tekin Pro4600 and dropped the ESC timing back from 35% to 10% and motor and ESC are temping about 135° now. Figured I would spread the heat a little better as I do not run a fan on the ESC or the motor...Batteries still right around 110° but no issues.

The other Tekno killed the battery posts on two of his batteries with those bannana plugs in them. He is also running a hotter motor than me..
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jeep94xj
I'll check these out too.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Acill
I'm in the same boat, I want to order it but I'm waiting for someone else to try it first lol.

This weekend was awesome for me and the ole SCT410.

Wrapped up 3rd place in my local track's(2 tracks R/C raceway of Uniontown and ARCS) points series following 2 Team Serpent drivers using remnants of SCTEs (Serpent and other goodies).

Then on Sunday I took my first trip to Ed's RC in Parkersburg WV for the St. Patrick's Day Special.

Talk about Durango land! Small, tight, narrow lanes, high bite red clay, 8 min qualifiers, and 10 min mains. That plus locals that have ran on this track every week for two years on the same layout made the day start to look like a long one.

I ended up qualifying 3rd and taking 3rd in the main. 1st was a local who works in the hobby shop and bragged he hasn't missed a race in the 2 year existence of the track (and layout lol, that cracks me up). 2nd was a friend and Team Serpent driver with one of those dang secret squirrel Losi SCTEs (I think i need new friends to travel with lol). After the leader gapped us we just put it on cruse control to make sure we would make the whole main and hopped he didn't lol.

All in all I felt like I was visiting for a show and tell being the only Tekno in the building. I almost didn't have enough time to get the setup down due to inquiries and tire kickers.

Through out the day I was asked several times about the front arm, axle strength, motor temps, and run time. So to ease everyone's mind, after the main I hit the wall ride WOT and put her in the rafters. The truck came down on the front right wheel and a few rushed out assuming it was trashed. I had to ask them to get out of the way so I could run a few more practice laps after running more practice laps than the Durangos and a 10 min main!

I'll post up the main video and my setup after the video is uploaded.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, I never really had an issue where the ESC gets to 148° before as my last truck was less than 5.5lbs...The motor was good on temp, but I was still lacking a little speed, so I went up a tooth on the Tekin Pro4600 and dropped the ESC timing back from 35% to 10% and motor and ESC are temping about 135° now. Figured I would spread the heat a little better as I do not run a fan on the ESC or the motor...Batteries still right around 110° but no issues.

The other Tekno killed the battery posts on two of his batteries with those bannana plugs in them. He is also running a hotter motor than me..
I was told by someone (tekin I believe) to never run timing on the pro4 motors. They don't respond we'll to it. It causes the motor and esc to overheat. I run my rx8 4600 at 0 degrees, current limiter at 80% with a 16 tooth pinion. After ten minute runs motor is 140 and esc is 110. One more thing always run a fan on your rx8 with 2s. 2s draws a lot of amps and causes the rx8 to overheat on long runs.

Last edited by MattDub; 03-18-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeep94xj
I'll take some blame for the hold up
I sent the original template in to Geo. Unfortunately, I didn't think to specify proper top/bottom orientation. Due to this, there was an error with the first batch for the 410.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

So how do you tell the "too hard" axles from the good ones? I have a first run truck and have had no issues so far so I assume mine are some of the good ones, but I do have a couple spare axles. Just wondering if I can tell if my spares are good or the ones that are too hard?

Has anyone put the EB48 17mm axles/hubs on their SCT410 and run them with the DE 17mm SC wheels? I'm considering doing this if it works. Was getting ready to buy a few new sets of wheels/tires so now would be the time if I am going to do it. I have a 2nd EB48 kit I bought to use for parts, but its just sitting collecting dust since the damn thing just doesn't break. I could just steal the hubs and axles from that kit if it will work. I could just try it myself and see, but with the little wrench time I am able to find now days I dont want to waste it trying something that someone else has already proven doesn't work.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

That would require a lot of modding if possible, because they made the whole hub spindle axle jibber jabber a little smaller.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

The EB axle wont fit in the SCT steering block because the outer bearing inside diameter is different. EB is 8mm and SCT is 6mm
Old 03-18-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
That would require a lot of modding if possible, because they made the whole hub spindle axle jibber jabber a little smaller.
Originally Posted by spunkysandoval
The EB axle wont fit in the SCT steering block because the outer bearing inside diameter is different. EB is 8mm and SCT is 6mm
Yea, I get that, but couldn't I just put the EB48 front knuckle/hub upright and rear hub upright on the SCT410? Use the axle and 17mm wheel hex from the EB48 and use the CVD bone from the SCT410?
Old 03-18-2013, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattDub
I was told by someone (tekin I believe) to never run timing on the pro4 motors. They don't respond we'll to it. It causes the motor and esc to overheat. I run my rx8 4600 at 0 degrees, current limiter at 80% with a 16 tooth pinion. After ten minute runs motor is 140 and esc is 110. One more thing always run a fan on your rx8 with 2s. 2s draws a lot of amps and causes the rx8 to overheat on long runs.
You are correct...I was being lazy and just turned it up to 35° instead of changing gears. Not sure why because this truck is a snap to change gears on, my old one was a PITA...

And the RX8 no longer has the mount for a fan....kinda broke off one day a while back, so I have to keep an eye on it. I think I have the current limiter at 85%, but it was easier to drive at 80%...My batteries will probably never make 10min though...They are good batteries, but they are only 5300mah. I was going to switch over to MaxAmps, but one of the guys at the track warned me big time, so for now. I will stay with my Thunder Power 65C 5300...They make it 7 min...
Old 03-18-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

It wasn't the Tekno that killed the lipo posts, it was the bird cages. Those are only good enough for charging IMO.
The bird cages will get loose and arc creating lots of heat. Enough heat to melt the case around the posts... in any kit.

Need to run the bullet plugs so you can see when they are swishing together and need to be expanded or better yet at $2.50 replaced. Much cheaper than replacing a lipo.

Also the value of Tekin timing that you are adjusting is not degrees, its a percentage of a total 30° timing. So 10 is 3°… 33 is 10° and so on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.