Originally Posted by b121774
To jones8532:
what hexes are those?
AE off of my sc10 4x4.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steelers82
I ran the barry baker set up yesterday,and loved it!...worked great! I highly recomend it for high bite clay tracks
Where can I find it to look at?
Old 02-01-2013, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickpuppy1
Where can I find it to look at?
Thinking the same thing!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suby723
Thinking the same thing!
http://www.teknorc.com/tekno5/wp-con...Baker_OCRC.pdf
Old 02-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Found it,lol
Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I like how barry baker said last week his sct410 set up sheet would get posted and sure enough it has really nice to have the honest support!

I wonder if the air dams on a muddy track will pic up a ton of mud here in the northeast we typically have the tracks watered in the summer! Maybe have to shoot them with wd40 or believe it or not jock itch spray! Lol
Old 02-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I don't think I want to know how you figured that one out.

As for the Losi forum, it is plenty easy to post concerns about design/performance, and ask questions about why it was done that way, while still being respectful so you don't come across as trolling.

Granted, some answers you may get from salesmen may be troll worthy, but in general it looks like a decent truck too, though won't be as bulletproof as the SCT410. I may try to convert my wife's SCTE over to the 2.0 in the future.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

With regards to diff fluids, I used to run the stock xray 20 10 10, but once I tried out the tekno, I went down on the ebuggy as well and I now like it at 12 5 5. I think my driving likes a center fluid lighter than the fronts and at least equal to the rear. Will check out Bakers sheet
Old 02-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi there everyone,

I am glad that the people that have tried my setup like it! I think it can be even better!

I will be working on a new set up/ improved in the next week or so. And I will make sure it gets posted.

If anyone tries it and needs something else(more steering/more traction) for their driving style, just ask and I will try to suggest a change that you will like.

I really like driving this truck and hope you all enjoy it also. The support from Danny and the guys at Tekno is second to none! They will be here with us through thick and thin! You cant ask for anything else!!!!!

If you see me at the track and would like to drive my truck, do not hesitate to ask, I will hand the radio right over!

See you all at the track,

Barry
Old 02-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Wish I lived 300 miles south of here :P
Old 02-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Thanks for the in put Sir!

I tried your diff setup with 7-10-5 and I felt a big improvement in the way the truck put the power down. With the kit setup I was struggling with rear traction. I also tried thicker sway bars with 2.8f and 2.5r and the truck felt very stable. Keep up the good work!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
Hi there everyone,

I am glad that the people that have tried my setup like it! I think it can be even better!

I will be working on a new set up/ improved in the next week or so. And I will make sure it gets posted.

If anyone tries it and needs something else(more steering/more traction) for their driving style, just ask and I will try to suggest a change that you will like.

I really like driving this truck and hope you all enjoy it also. The support from Danny and the guys at Tekno is second to none! They will be here with us through thick and thin! You cant ask for anything else!!!!!

If you see me at the track and would like to drive my truck, do not hesitate to ask, I will hand the radio right over!

Barry
hey man, saw on your sheet you run a dynamic 10, i cant find any info in that motor or is it that new ?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi there everyone,

Barry

I absolutely love this attitude!

You experienced guys have no idea how often I've wanted to ask someone with the exact same rig as me if I could feel their truck/buggy. It helps SO MUCH to be able to feel someone else's truck. Alot of us simply don't have the experience to even know with confidence what we need more/less of. Under steer / over steer, ok, those are pretty easy to feel. But would I be able to tell if i have too much droop? Not a chance. My truck might be wobbly over jumps, but how the heck do I know if that can be fixed via setup, or if its just the track. If I drove Barry's truck and it was destroying those same bumps, then I actually have a reference and can talk about it.

All I'm saying is, some of us don't even know what to ask, and people like Barry are what REALLY helps guys like me out

Btw, if anyone wants to drive any of my vehicles any time, you're welcome. Especially non-tekno owners
Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi there everyone,

Barry
Hey Barry..........do you think I could hook up my pedal and drive your truck? LOL....................
Paul Rush Maryland
Old 02-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hi there everyone,

Barry
P R I C E L E S S!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.