Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
lol, network maintenance has been like a dirty word for me these past few weeks. Everytime that happens, I find myself (programmer here) trying to pin down what they broke for the next 12 hours ...
If you didn't code poorly, us network guys couldn't break it

Kidding of course, no clue your situation. However in my situation, it's never the network
Old 04-27-2014, 09:27 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

lol, for me at least, I have the "benefit" of trying to fix stuff the vendor gave us in addition to network stuff.

What track conditions do you run on?
Old 04-27-2014, 11:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Fioroni Ergal Dual Action 6 Hole Shock Piston Set 16mm - FIO-OT-UR916

Is this the correct shock pistons that Sramos is using, can someone chime in here plz, want to order but make sure I get the right ones, TYVM
Old 04-27-2014, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yep, 16mm.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Ok i been running this truck about 3 times on some outdoor tracks in the NE . Well i cant seem to be constant with it in with the stock chassis/towers on looser tracks.

Basecially if i try to push the truck with half steering or more on power the Rear end likes to get loose / not super loose if i try to push the truck . I have the center and Rear braces off.

The only thing i can think is that i need to go up on the rear diff like 4k with a 5,7,4 diff setup ?

What does this truck like to be driven like in stock form hard or smooth ?

Truck jumps fine for the most part.

But when i had the MIP SCTE i seemed to be faster with it but than again it could be because i ran it for longer . I like the Tekno truck but i guess i need to just tune on it even more .
Old 04-27-2014, 03:01 PM
Tech Legend

personally, for more rear grip I went with:

- Lower rear link on tower
- Shorter link
- lighter diff fluid in rear

Those are some of thethings I personally tried. you may find some combinations of those work better for your driving style.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:06 PM
Tech Prophet

personally, for more rear grip I went with:

- Lower rear link on tower
- Shorter link
- lighter diff fluid in rear

Those are some of thethings I personally tried. you may find some combinations of those work better for your driving style.

Ok thanks . Il try that out on the rear tower going down from the middle hole . The shorter link are you talking about on the rear hubs the hole on the far outside ?

One thing i noticed when i ran soft Endoros when it went on power on some turns not super fast the truck would roll over could be the JC high flow body top heavy on the roof ?
Old 04-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Tech Legend

for the links I went in on the hubs. Mainly got this from reading up on the Mark pavadis guide, worth a look, that and the hudy setup book work well.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justpoet
It took a while, and a slightly lighter than normal turnout, but I finally got to stand atop the podium in 4wd sc with my wife next to me in the 2nd spot! Thanks Tekno for an amazingly tunable truck so we can both like it and drive it well.
Mom came in second, that's so cool! I'm stoked when mine goes once a year for practice with her mega dollar 1/8 buggy. Yours finish put a big smile on my face, keep up the good work. Keep and eye on mom she might be in 1st next time....LOL

Last edited by jones8352; 04-27-2014 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Ok thanks . Il try that out on the rear tower going down from the middle hole . The shorter link are you talking about on the rear hubs the hole on the far outside ?

One thing i noticed when i ran soft Endoros when it went on power on some turns not super fast the truck would roll over could be the JC high flow body top heavy on the roof ?
I quit using Enduros because of that trait. Super grip on straights but corners they induce traction rolls and I couldn't drive like I would have wanted. Calibers work better in that regard at least on our track. One thing to try also is more rear toe-in. Especially if you are traction rolling and don't want to raise roll center and don't have stiffer sway bars.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Ok i been running this truck about 3 times on some outdoor tracks in the NE . Well i cant seem to be constant with it in with the stock chassis/towers on looser tracks.

Basecially if i try to push the truck with half steering or more on power the Rear end likes to get loose / not super loose if i try to push the truck . I have the center and Rear braces off.

The only thing i can think is that i need to go up on the rear diff like 4k with a 5,7,4 diff setup ?

What does this truck like to be driven like in stock form hard or smooth ?

Truck jumps fine for the most part.

But when i had the MIP SCTE i seemed to be faster with it but than again it could be because i ran it for longer . I like the Tekno truck but i guess i need to just tune on it even more .
Have you tried 10/7/5 in your diffs yet? I would give it a try. I run this setup with a stock chassis and it works great. Running 8x1.3 pistons with yellow rear springs, and on loose tracks, it's really consistent.

Your light front diff may be generating too much off power steering, resulting in a loose feeling.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RokleM
7 in the morning until 10 at night, it was coffee!

And then I went into work to do some network maintenance for a few hours
I was just wondering of your "network maintenance" was edone in a 62 degree server room? lol
Old 04-28-2014, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

lol, network maintenance has been like a dirty word for me these past few weeks. Everytime that happens, I find myself (programmer here) trying to pin down what they broke for the next 12 hours ...
pull a few cat 6 cables out of switches
work all day "figuring" out the problem! Just before it's time to go home to practice, plug 'em in, everything is up and running and you walk out a hero!
Old 04-28-2014, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by T. Herwig
Have you tried 10/7/5 in your diffs yet? I would give it a try. I run this setup with a stock chassis and it works great. Running 8x1.3 pistons with yellow rear springs, and on loose tracks, it's really consistent.

Your light front diff may be generating too much off power steering, resulting in a loose feeling.
can u post that setup Tyler, and congrats this weekend on racing, I saw you on rcinsider!
Old 04-28-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by T. Herwig

I havent tried out that diff setup but i was going to try out 4k in the rear diff from 3k . Yea i went with 5k in the Front diff for off power steering on the indoor tracks but outdoor it does seem grabby on the steering. And im thinking causeing wheel spin making it loose.

So im going to go up to 7k in the Front diff and leave at 7,7,4 or 7,7,3 .

I did think at first that using the 7k in the center diff with the 3k in the Rear diff was sending to much power to the rear making it loose.

Ive been running the Green springs all around on the Front 32w/1.2 , Rear 30w/1.3 8 hole pistons. I was really thinking about going up to 35w/1.3 up Front to calm down the steering anyways. I have my eye on the Yellow Rear springs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.