Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChuckTee
I really like the feel with the same oils you are using, I was using Greens and then went yellow up front and liked it a lot more kept the green out back. Also my servo gives a little noise while sitting still I think it's just the gears but it's no major issue just annoying to the ears.
Glad to hear that ChuckTee
because i just ordered the yellow fronts and have green in rear, i am running on a larger indoor track which is 1/8 scale friendly so the jumps can get big when you go for the quad options which i usually do LOL if i can make them consistently. what front springs did you have just before you went to the yellows? i was torn between the orange like sramos but i like softer if i can. plus everyone seems to be running heavier springs in the rear on this truck.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:14 PM
Tech Prophet

I guess nobody has tried them springs i was mentioning ?
Old 01-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

has anybody run the pro4 hd 4300 on 2s then switched back to the pro4 4600kv it might just be my memory but i seem to remember the reg pro4 4600 being faster and quicker revving in the air which would help adjust the nose down attitude, id like to hear a few experiences before i switch back to it, its sitting in my box waiting to try, which i will as soon as i nail my set up, I don't want to deal with too many variables at once.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nanoverse
Could you take a pic of your hexes? Thanks.
Check back a few pages. I've been having that issue and wrote up a lot of details and posted pics of different wheels.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mizchief
Check back a few pages.
Hey are you making it to Colonel's Classic this weekend in Savannah?
Old 01-27-2014, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rvinvents
Glad to hear that ChuckTee
because i just ordered the yellow fronts and have green in rear, i am running on a larger indoor track which is 1/8 scale friendly so the jumps can get big when you go for the quad options which i usually do LOL if i can make them consistently. what front springs did you have just before you went to the yellows? i was torn between the orange like sramos but i like softer if i can. plus everyone seems to be running heavier springs in the rear on this truck.
I was using Tekno greens in front.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Congrats on the finished product. Looks good man.
Thanks ChuckTee! I went with the body per your suggestion and really like the look of it! I havent ran it yet because I havent gotten a chance to do the reinforcement that I want to yet with shoegoo and drywall tape.

Originally Posted by dirty_rooster
Awesome looking truck so shiny and black!

Wow that wrap looks so clean and simple! Where did you buy that from?
Thanks! The wrap does look pretty good I have to say it is a little scratched now though haha! I just bought some carbon fiber vinyl off of ebay and then laid it over the chassis (after I was done building would have been easier with the chassis off). I then cut out the holes all done with an xacto knife (again would have been easier to do with the chassis off). I am glad I did it though and it really wasnt that much of a hassle definitely something to give a try!

Originally Posted by nanoverse
Your ackerman and links aren't stock if you haven't noticed.
They are not stock? I built the truck exactly per the build manual I thought. And if you are talking about the camber links I even hit them with the micrometer to make sure they were exact to the dimensions in the manual. Can you explain to me more how they are not stock?

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2014, 08:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
I noticed on the used SC410 i bought the Front has the White color springs and the Rear has the pink well its a purple color it looks like to me .
I've been real happy with Pink rear and White front. Using ~525CST all around with pistons 8x1.3 front and 8x1.4 rear. Are your pistons 8-hole? 10-hole? 10x 1.2 (they're black) were stock. Most seem to think they're slow or not enough pack.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=Squirrely;12949643]Thanks ChuckTee! I went with the body per your suggestion and really like the look of it! I havent ran it yet because I havent gotten a chance to do the reinforcement that I want to yet with shoegoo and drywall tape.

I saw that you were running the big dog body! I really like it on the indoor track and it is super durable. It takes a second to get used to but once it does he other bodies start to look odd
Old 01-27-2014, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRapid
Hey are you making it to Colonel's Classic this weekend in Savannah?
I wanted to, but need to save my money and vacation days for PNB
Old 01-27-2014, 10:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Boss Ross
I've been real happy with Pink rear and White front. Using ~525CST all around with pistons 8x1.3 front and 8x1.4 rear. Are your pistons 8-hole? 10-hole? 10x 1.2 (they're black) were stock. Most seem to think they're slow or not enough pack.

I think there the stock ones 10x1.2 pistons i doubt the guy i bought it from changed them he just went to heavyer shock oil for carpet.

I think il go with 32w F and 30 R with the stock springs first with 8x.1.3 pistons. Just dont want a darting issue thats all.

Im going to get the Green Fronts and Yellow Rear springs still and 1.3 pistons .
Old 01-27-2014, 10:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I saw that you were running the big dog body! I really like it on the indoor track and it is super durable. It takes a second to get used to but once it does he other bodies start to look odd
I didn't really like it seeing it online in pictures but it has definitely grown on me and I love it now just can't wait to get it on the truck while I am running!

Soon enough!
Old 01-28-2014, 03:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mizchief
I wanted to, but need to save my money and vacation days for PNB
Ok gotcha. There's going to be a lot of competition, right now there's 37 signed up for 4x4
Old 01-28-2014, 07:31 AM
Tech Adept

The track I've been running on has mild jumps with smooth ramps, so I think I can go lighter on my springs. I'm currently green front, orange rear, with kyosho 8x1.3 pistons front and rear, 35 losi front, 30 losi rear. For the jumps, it's perfect. For cornering/etc, it seems about right. The straight on the other hand... a bit sketchy.

The long straight is fairly bumpy, and under full throttle accel (80% current limit), it's bouncing around a bit. Not quite enough to make me go lighter on the throttle down the straight, but enough that I occasionally have to correct it shooting off to a side, which can be sketchy and cost the lead in a race.

So... what if I went one or two notches lighter on my springs to give more cushion for the straight, but go for more pack to assure I don't bottom out on the ramps? This is just a theory, I've yet to do this or order new springs yet, just wanting some opinions.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Matt1970
Got another question. I have the same servo as you and some others. It's always made a little noise while setting there or turning. Tried plugging in Novak gltich buster didn't help. Anybody else have this issue?
That's normal for most servos, and especially true with high resolution ones.

Servos are basically just geared motors that have a potentiometer (variable resistor) that can tell what position it's in. If you move the output shaft from the position it's "supposed" to be in, it attempts to stay in that position. When you have a high resolution servo, it moves in really tiny increments. That means you BARELY move it in either direction from where it's wanting to be and it'll attempt to move back, which is what that sound is that you hear.

Sometimes it's from noise/interference, but typically if that's the case, you'll get glitching/twitching/gittering. That can be fixed with RF chokes, toroids, ferrite cores, beads, whatever you want to call them.

If you lift the front of the truck up while it's "on", does the noise stop? Mine usually makes a fairly quiet hum when sitting on the ground, but when it's in the air and there's no pressure or stress on the front suspension/steering, it doesn't make any noise since there's nothing trying to move it out of position.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.