Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I just order all the sizes 50 @ a time from fastener express in aluminum. 100$ of hardware in your favorite color lasts a long time. Saves weight too, but if you strip stock hardware, aluminum is not for you
Old 01-16-2014, 07:24 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChuckTee
OT right her but I just got back from my Oncologists and I am Cancer free and in full remission. I like to think that getting back into this hobby over the past year helped me keep all that crap off my mind. Just thought I would share that with my Tekno peoples.
That's awesome chuck, will pray for you.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

OT right her but I just got back from my Oncologists and I am Cancer free and in full remission. I like to think that getting back into this hobby over the past year helped me keep all that crap off my mind. Just thought I would share that with my Tekno peoples.
Praise Jesus! Happy you are cancer free.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Chuck EDIT: Stan...having gone through that fight with my wife and now 11 years out the other side...the statement above made me smile. Keep on truckin, man!

Last edited by RazzBarlow7; 01-16-2014 at 07:38 PM. Reason: His name ain't Chuck
Old 01-16-2014, 08:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Good to hear that! And I don't think the guys in this forum mind that you brought that to our attention....it's always good to hear when people come out on the "good" side of something "bad"
Old 01-16-2014, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks guys much appreciated. I have to say that this has got to be one of the best forum's I have ever been a part of. I really mean it when I say thanks, I consider you all friends. Thanks guys.

Last edited by ChuckTee; 01-16-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Thanks guys much appreciated. I have to say that this has got to be one of the best forum's I have ever been a part of. I really mean it when I say thanks, I consider you all friends. Thanks guys.
+1! Awesome story

Originally Posted by 2SlowTC
the 22sct wheels webbing also rubs the rear blocks.
The 22sct wheels do rub the rear hubs, I had to dremmel my hubs down since I already had many sets mounted on these wheels.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:07 AM
Tech Adept

Just an observation, but my manual says the "stock" front spring is 6048 (black) and rear spring is 6030 (pink).

My sct410 kit came with pink front, and yellow rear. that's one stiffer for front and two stiff for the rear. Is this a recent change they made to address the nose down issue in jumps and/or the stock setup not being stiff enough?

I actually ordered green for front, and orange for rear, which should arrive tomorrow, so it's nice to know stock setup might actually be ok, and if I want it one notch stiffer front and back, I'll have them on hand. Works out in the end!

Let me know which springs yours came with, I'm curious!
Old 01-17-2014, 12:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anyone using the Proline Body mount system on their Tekno? If so, which did you use and did you need to do any modding to make it work? I'm tired of losing body clips lol
http://prolineracing.com/extended-body-mounts-sc/
Old 01-17-2014, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5errated
Just an observation, but my manual says the "stock" front spring is 6048 (black) and rear spring is 6030 (pink).

My sct410 kit came with pink front, and yellow rear. that's one stiffer for front and two stiff for the rear. Is this a recent change they made to address the nose down issue in jumps and/or the stock setup not being stiff enough?

I actually ordered green for front, and orange for rear, which should arrive tomorrow, so it's nice to know stock setup might actually be ok, and if I want it one notch stiffer front and back, I'll have them on hand. Works out in the end!

Let me know which springs yours came with, I'm curious!
You are correct that that is a running change in the kit. Many thought the original was too soft.

I run stock pistons 10x1.2 with yellow rear, even on super high bite, so I doubt you'll prefer the orange, but one never knows. For the front, my wife runs yellow as well, and I run Kyosho orange, which is between green and yellow. When I was on super high bite, I went just above yellow for the front (and my wife kept the yellow, which was just as good in her truck). My normal surface is semi damp hard packed indoor dirt, medium traction without much dust. The super high bite was the same as worlds...essentially concrete hard sandpaper.

My suggestion would be to start green front yellow rear and see what you think from there.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Also have a question if anyone is running a lower kv motor on 3s. Like a Pro4HD 3000kv on 3s. I'm currently running the HW 4700 and it's power is awesome, but run time even with bigger batteries sux. I mean, plenty of run time for racing, but I want to get real run time for practice, similar to running my ebuggy. I figure if I run 3s and gear down, I can get tons of run time for practice. On my 7000mah 2s packs, I'm getting about 10 min which is way more than enough for racing, but for practice, let's face it, it's just not enough time on the stand and I end up running my 2wd more often just because you can stay out for so long. So I'd like to hear what other people are doing if they're running 3s. Again, power isn't my concern, I'll gear down so I'm no faster than anyone else on 2s, I'm strictly looking for a way to get more run time.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

have you try the 4000kv version off it see how much run time you get then
Old 01-17-2014, 02:35 AM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Anyone using the Proline Body mount system on their Tekno? If so, which did you use and did you need to do any modding to make it work? I'm tired of losing body clips lol
I have them on my wife's truck. Universally hated by my kids because they lack the hand strength to remove them after I put them on. Jury is still out on if they will help the body last longer. They don't make a kit for tekno you have to install them yourself. Not to difficult. On my cell now but I will post pictures later of how I installed them and the finished product.

Last edited by JsK; 01-17-2014 at 05:43 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo
+1! Awesome story

The 22sct wheels do rub the rear hubs, I had to dremmel my hubs down since I already had many sets mounted on these wheels.
Same here broski...
Old 01-17-2014, 03:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I have an extra post from my slash. You would have to sand a mm or 2 off of each side for it to fit. They're a little big but you could definitely make it work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.