Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What pistons are you running?
Old 12-30-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
No offence ever taken by me on a forum

Those are a few things to try, can't hurt. And like sramos said, ride height, thicker oil... a few things to try. I would be more like 35 or 37 front with 8x1.3's and 32 rear.
I'll give it a go. My 48 is flawless just want the truck to perform the same
Old 12-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2SlowTC
I'll give it a go. My 48 is flawless just want the truck to perform the same
Speaking of driving like your 48.
Probably will get flamed for this but the difference between the two is what...
Bigger motor, lipo, body, wider track and... wing brace & wing. (Bigger tires will also affect pitch control but we want to not need that)

The wing brace and wing add a decent amount of weight about as far back as you can get. It also adds an aerodynamic benefit of course.

I run lead weight in the back, that part of what your missing?
Old 12-30-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sramos
What pistons are you running?
8x1.3
Old 12-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2SlowTC
8x1.3
We found a few things cause the "bucking" or nose down jumping. Most importantly is the rear shock oil. Try going up 5 or 7.5wt in the rear, you might have to go up one spring weight also. Run 25mm ride height front and rear. Also limit the rear droop. Too much rear droop can cause the rear to bounce up to high after bottoming out on take off.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fq06
Speaking of driving like your 48.
Probably will get flamed for this but the difference between the two is what...
Bigger motor, lipo, body, wider track and... wing brace & wing. (Bigger tires will also affect pitch control but we want to not need that)

The wing brace and wing add a decent amount of weight about as far back as you can get. It also adds an aerodynamic benefit of course.

I run lead weight in the back, that part of what your missing?
Could be...the biggest thing I had to get used to on both kits was the steering wholly shit is there a lot of steering.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MattDub
We found a few things cause the "bucking" or nose down jumping. Most importantly is the rear shock oil. Try going up 5 or 7.5wt in the rear, you might have to go up one spring weight also. Run 25mm ride height front and rear. Also limit the rear droop. Too much rear droop can cause the rear to bounce up to high after bottoming out on take off.
Thanks!
Old 12-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Is there an inherent design flaw in the SCT410 that causes the nose dive issues? It seems mostly everyone here has experienced it one way or another with this truck. Hopefully the .2 fixes this without having us try a myriad of different springs,pistons, and oils.

Other than this small issue, this truck is as nimble as a Durango but 10x more durable. Plus it was one of the easiest kits to build. Kudos to Tekno for the great manual and super-organized parts bags.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO
Is there an inherent design flaw in the SCT410 that causes the nose dive issues? It seems mostly everyone here has experienced it one way or another with this truck. Hopefully the .2 fixes this without having us try a myriad of different springs,pistons, and oils.

Other than this small issue, this truck is as nimble as a Durango but 10x more durable. Plus it was one of the easiest kits to build. Kudos to Tekno for the great manual and super-organized parts bags.
Flame # 2 coming

I think it's not a design flaw, the design is a buggy design. Convert that to a SCT and there are things you should change. Most have been done.
Spring rate for a lighter 1/10 class truck needs to change, done.
Electronics placement needs to change IMO since the weights are different to get the same chassis weight balance.
Guess there's more but...

I had to make many changes converting my Mugen buggy to a SCT to make it fast. I don't see why you wouldn't going from a Tekno buggy to a Tekno truck.

And your right, its a small thing. Didn't take more than a day or two to get it in the ball park.
Past that, its tough with the most durable drivetrain you can get out of the box.

Great truck, everyone needs to find their own happy place that depends on where and how they drive
Old 12-30-2013, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO

+1 i really hope this happens by march otherwise i might just have to run another class. Someone posted (i think hoese) that the sct410 is balanced 50/50 on all sides, but mine sure didn't feel like that on large jumps.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
+1 i really hope this happens by march otherwise i might just have to run another class. Someone posted (i think hoese) that the sct410 is balanced 50/50 on all sides, but mine sure didn't feel like that on large jumps.
The truck is balanced that well on all sides, but we are all still tuning our cars based on having cars that are balanced way differently.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Nose diving was a problem with a lot of the sct's to begin with and a lot of it was tied to the drag in the 2 pole motors. Could be the drive train drag itself and nothing to do with springs since it appears quite a few people are running every different spring combination. I leave the springs alone and correct this condition in the rx8 by adding push control. If that works for most jumps and it is only one that is giving problems then you have to let off at the base of the jump and then throttle it in the face to change the loading of the suspension.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jmackani
Nose diving was a problem with a lot of the sct's to begin with and a lot of it was tied to the drag in the 2 pole motors. Could be the drive train drag itself and nothing to do with springs since it appears quite a few people are running every different spring combination. I leave the springs alone and correct this condition in the rx8 by adding push control. If that works for most jumps and it is only one that is giving problems then you have to let off at the base of the jump and then throttle it in the face to change the loading of the suspension.
Push control...why didn't I think of that? I'll give that a go too!
Old 12-30-2013, 07:23 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
The newer trucks already come with pink fronts, and yellow rear springs.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jmackani
that's the way I always run mine. I don't have a nose dive issue. The main reason I do it is I mainly race nitro and "push control" allows you to roll through the corners more like in nitro. But also doesn't stop the wheels while in air. As far as changing piston's/springs/oils, Who doesn't do that to any race vehicle? in any class? But that's more for handling preference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.