Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 02:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi everyone,

All I can say is WOW...This truck is AWESOME!!!!

The Video was from the 2nd qualifing round of racing at SDRC on Saturday. We were still playing with some setup changes and right after that race we made a few more changes that has made this truck incredible. I wish we had video from the main! Matt Dub and Zac were on it down there! It is so fun to drive. It has so much steering and traction to go with it. In fact the track owner at OCRC (Robert Black) came up to me yesterday and said my car has way too much traction! I said traction is my friend!

I feel that anyone that gets this truck will not be disappointed at all. I had people say that after watching my truck go around the track at OCRC, they may just have to get into 4wd SC racing with how good the car looks going around the track. I feel you put a top notch pro in either the EB48 or the SCT410 and you have an instant winner!

TeknoRC is no joke at all. These big hitters better look out! Danny has so much passion to make his company better and better. The product is not only fast but also is very durable!

Thank you Danny and the crew at Tekno RC for continuing to make quality race cars!

I will post some setups soon on the Tekno website for all to see. And you can get your EB48 and the SCT410 at AMAINHOBBIES.com!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

are all parts readily available now?

Last edited by boudin4evr; 01-14-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknorc
We've heard this before and the explanation is simple. Our vehicles (SCT410 and the EB48) have more steering angle than any car out there (we measured), so they steer like crazy. For people that want less steering, it's a simple dual rate adjustment on the radio (i.e. turn the total amount of steering throw down a little). You can also add a little expo to the steering channel to tone down the steering sensitivity around zero. I personally run -40 expo on my MT4 and 90% dual rate on the steering channel.

Pro drivers want as much steering as possible since they can navigate the track so well and hit every line. You can see how close and how tight Barry is able to get to the corners on the track. And the main area where we think this truck will beat other trucks is the amount of corner speed it carries even when turning that tight.
Danny, can you comment on the "drifting" comment? It does look like Barry Baker's car is sliding around considerably more than my EB does, and I've actually been trying to get this kind of traction out of mine. I'd love to know what he does to get that type of side traction. As I'm typing this, I'm thinking it's probably just tires, but still curious what you guys think.

Joey
Old 01-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Holy crap Barry Baker in the house!! I remember when u used to wheel a tc3 and won ever race under the sun!!! Great to see your still kickin ass!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boudin4evr
are all parts readily available now?
All of the shared (EB48->SCT410) parts are available now. The SCT410 specific parts should be here in a couple weeks.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sffan15
Danny, can you comment on the "drifting" comment? It does look like Barry Baker's car is sliding around considerably more than my EB does, and I've actually been trying to get this kind of traction out of mine. I'd love to know what he does to get that type of side traction. As I'm typing this, I'm thinking it's probably just tires, but still curious what you guys think.

Joey
I guess there would be many ways to get less traction. The most effective way would probably be to run a harder compound tire rather than mess with links and angles.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

Originally Posted by umpy907
Has anybody got the good word from tower :-)
Nothing yet. Was hoping to get an email today, there I always tomorrow. (Waiting patiently)
Old 01-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknorc
I guess there would be many ways to get less traction. The most effective way would probably be to run a harder compound tire rather than mess with links and angles.
It's not less traction overall though. He had insane traction in the straights.

The truck he was driving kinda "floated" around the corners. So did the EB he was driving. Is that just driving style? I have a very hard time getting mine to slide sideways.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:38 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

lol. Most of the vids I have seen of the EB48 they seem to do that.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Truck and buggy driven by Barry Baker looked amazing.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

please forgive the brief interruption. only reason i post this is because people have been asking about them in this thread...

BuiltRC got a limited shipment of the hobbywing 3656 sensored motors (3-4000kv, and 2-4700kv). hobbywing is having a hard time keeping these in stock and EJ wanted to give rctech'ers the first crack at them before listing them on ebay. FYI, builtRC is located in california so no slow, expensive shipping.

to claim yours, email EJ at:

[email protected]
Old 01-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)

Just got mine in the mail today. I can't wait to get this thing running. Any suggestions on a body and wheels for this thing?
Old 01-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by superslow
Holy crap Barry Baker in the house!! I remember when u used to wheel a tc3 and won ever race under the sun!!! Great to see your still kickin ass!
+100
Old 01-14-2013, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Hi all,

We discovered a small issue with the assembly of the gearboxes. The flat spot on the differential pinion shaft is a little too short. We have posted a small addendum on our site and will be supplying a few shims (TKR1226) to space the diff coupler back ~0.5mm so the set screw will seat properly. Please have a look at it below.

http://www.teknorc.com/tekno5/wp-con...ddendum_01.pdf

The shims and the instruction note are not in the first shipment of kits that went out last week, so if anyone wants/needs them, just send us an email and we'll send them out to you ASAP (TKR1226).

ALTERNATIVELY, if you don't want to wait for shims, you can simply grind a tiny bit of material off of the diff pinion so the set screw seats properly (recommended). Basically, increase the size of the flat spot on the gear shaft. This will not hurt anything and if anyone breaks a diff pinion as a result of this mod, email us and we'll get you a new diff pinion gear.

We have seen a bunch of these built up locally and so far this is the only issue we've come across. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)

^^^^ Your guys" support should be the standard. Keep up the great work. Just ordered an eb48 6 hours ago from tower. They say all of theirs are the 2nd run buggies. Can't wait!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.