Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bernard_Jr
Maybe in a couple turns. Our tracks are pretty high bite down here so I usually have it set to turn pretty aggressively. That run was after we finished running the 4wd A-Main and the 1/8 A-Main. There was some dust out there and I didn't care enough to blow it off again.

I wish I had video from the indoor track. I ran slicks and that thing drove like my touring car.
I've watchedother videos of you posted here and directly on YouTube.always looks the same to me, good on smooth stuff not so good on not so smooth stuff.it seems like just about everyone I've seen anywhere drives pretty much the same, that's why I'm trying these new pistons, it felt good on the table and I've had very good luck before with the same theory.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by egobrkr
Right now I run emulsion with X-ray 6x1.3 pistons in all 4, front losi 37.5 rear losi 25 oil, pink tekno spring in front and orange tekno spring in rear. The feeling you get from the emulsion style I think is from the plastic cap. It does not seal very tight like the scte caps do. If there was an aluminum cap for emulsion I think the shock would feel better. I think I will go back to bladder with the same setup till they make a new shock cap.
Are you seeing an issue with the bleed hole or is the o-ring the problem?

Did you ever try it with a cut out bladder instead of the o-ring? I remember people mentioning it way back but I never tried.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Are you seeing an issue with the bleed hole or is the o-ring the problem?

Did you ever try it with a cut out bladder instead of the o-ring? I remember people mentioning it way back but I never tried.
I have not used a cut bladder. I think it is mostly the bleeder screw with the oring and some with the plastic cap having some flex under compression.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have not used a cut bladder. I think it is mostly the bleeder screw with the oring and some with the plastic cap having some flex under compression.
I thought about using a button head screw instead of the flat head but I can see what you mean. The cap is pretty large.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

I thought about using a button head screw instead of the flat head but I can see what you mean. The cap is pretty large.
That's funny! Me and a buddy were talking about trying a button head screw last night. I think the flat head spreads out the oring too much.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ok guys, my buddy wants to pull the trigger on one. i recommended a 4 pole motor but he wants a 2 pole because he has a speedo for it. i've told him most of us if not all are running 4poles due to it being a lil heavier then most sct's, and the 2 pole prolly wouldn't cut it. but in the end i don't know much about 2 poles because i've never ran them, so he wanted me to get on here and ask you guys what 2pole you'd recommend. (i still think he needs a 4 pole but he can be stubborn sometimes lol)....lemme know so i can relay the info
Old 11-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sramos
ok guys, my buddy wants to pull the trigger on one. i recommended a 4 pole motor but he wants a 2 pole because he has a speedo for it. i've told him most of us if not all are running 4poles due to it being a lil heavier then most sct's, and the 2 pole prolly wouldn't cut it. but in the end i don't know much about 2 poles because i've never ran them, so he wanted me to get on here and ask you guys what 2pole you'd recommend. (i still think he needs a 4 pole but he can be stubborn sometimes lol)....lemme know so i can relay the info
I use a 2pole 4.5t 550 can novak motor and would not switch for anyone. I love this motor over any 4pole I have driven. What esc is he using?
Old 11-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

That's funny! Me and a buddy were talking about trying a button head screw last night. I think the flat head spreads out the oring too much.
I don't know if he ever posted a pic on here but Barry Baker omitted the o-ring altogether and just ran an M4 setscrew, tightened down so the end was flush with the face of the hole.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
I don't know if he ever posted a pic on here but Barry Baker omitted the o-ring altogether and just ran an M4 setscrew, tightened down so the end was flush with the face of the hole.
Hmmm... going to try that out.

I am using the flat head with orings in the emulsion hole and the thin oring to seal the cap. I haven't had any seeping from the screws or the base of the cap. But I do like the set screw idea and will throw some in before next weekend (running emulsion build for a few days of driving now).

Last edited by fq06; 11-04-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Found it! This is taken from RCShortCourse, written by Shark413.

A minor update. I built my shocks as bladder type. The shock can be setup as emulsion or bladder (with/or without vent and bleeder holes). The caps have spots marked on them that you need to drill out depending on what you plan on running. I went with bladder with a bleed hole, so I drilled out the bleed hole. There is a hole for the emulsion setup but it is not drilled all the way thru, and since I went bladder it sat empty. I didn't like how the hole was exposed and would get full of dirt, so I tried putting the emulsion screws in just to act as a cap. But I didn't like the look so I got some 4mm set screws and installed to act as a cap for the hole.

Here is the empty hole for the emulsion bleed.

Here is the stock emulsion bleed screw and seal, kind of ugly. You can also see the bleed hole I drilled in the side of the cap. The holes are all pre-marked to help you get them right.

I added a 4mm set screws to seal the empty hole. I think I saved some weight too.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

so I swapped the pro4 4600 for the pro4hd 4300 and I cant say that I noticed a huge difference w 18t pinion in pro4 vs 18t in hd. I was looking for more pop to clear 2 jumps that I land just short on even when approached perfectly. Should I have done something differently?
Old 11-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Graham11
so I swapped the pro4 4600 for the pro4hd 4300 and I cant say that I noticed a huge difference w 18t pinion in pro4 vs 18t in hd. I was looking for more pop to clear 2 jumps that I land just short on even when approached perfectly. Should I have done something differently?
Normally u gear up a tooth or 2 when moving to the HD motor from the pro 4. That being said, I never could run an 18t with my 4600 & keep temps in check. Congrats on that alone.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just gotta build my shocks and drop in my electronics. I got the aluminum balls that go in the bottom of the shock, how do I pop these in that plastic piece without wrecking them its a tight fit? Thanks guys.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JASF4I
Normally u gear up a tooth or 2 when moving to the HD motor from the pro 4. That being said, I never could run an 18t with my 4600 & keep temps in check. Congrats on that alone.
see I would have thought that going up to the HD I would need to gear down if anything because more power but yea Ive been running 16-18t in sct410 with 4600 and 17t-19t in eb48 w 1900 and never have temp issues, its great but i dont drive crazy w lots of wheel spin etc and i have the new straight cut gears and some lightened parts.

So I should go up to 19t maybe even 20t with the 4300HD?
Old 11-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I use a 2pole 4.5t 550 can novak motor and would not switch for anyone. I love this motor over any 4pole I have driven. What esc is he using?
Speed passion reventon pro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.