Wiki Posts
Search

Speed Passion Products

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Speed Passion Products

I am considering a new Reventon pro ESC and a Competition V3.0 Brushless Motor - 10.5R. Wondering if this is a good choice and if anyone has any experience with it. Any info. will help!! Thanks
Old 10-31-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...on-thread.html
Have not ran there REVENTON but in 1/8 there silver arrow 2 was nice
Old 10-31-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

I guess i should mention that i will be putting them on my sc10rs 2wd. planning to race as well at AMS in Grand Blanc, MI
Old 10-31-2012, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Yes, very smooth and reliable esc. You won't be disappointed. Arguably the best race esc for your money on the market currently at $129. Only other esc I would consider is the hobbywing Xerun 120a, one dialed esc for $130 as well. Similar software and both feel great.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have been running the pro for a week or so before it came out twice a week. I got a hook up from a sponsored driver. Been pounding the dirt with it running a 7.5 in 2x buggy. With the fan, temps consistent at 90. They have updated the firmware on line is the word I got Tuesday.
I have also tested the GT2.0 and I can tell ya SP is quality and at the prices they offer there product it is just to good to be true. Little by little my fleet of LRP ESC's are becoming SP. The pro is easy to dial in and as smooth as any thing I have ever used. Anyone who knows me can tell ya to peel me away from LRP takes some serious dependability and performance its a top notch ESC. IMO.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:28 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Got a chance to check out a Reventon Pro. Looks like a very nice esc from what I can tell, and its plus that SP includes the updateable card with it now unlike the GT2.0 series.

As for Speed passion in general, I have ran the gambit of ESCs from Tekin, to Castle, and now Speed Passion. For 1/10 I keep coming back to Speed Passion. There GT2.0 Pros are very versatile and work excellent in 4x4 SCT. There Silver Arrow V2 is an excellent ESC for the money, I just wish it wasn't quite as big as it is or, maybe have the wires replaceable like the GT2.0 pro series. Other than that though, works excellent for 1/8 electric.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cain
Got a chance to check out a Reventon Pro. Looks like a very nice esc from what I can tell, and its plus that SP includes the updateable card with it now unlike the GT2.0 series.

As for Speed passion in general, I have ran the gambit of ESCs from Tekin, to Castle, and now Speed Passion. For 1/10 I keep coming back to Speed Passion. There GT2.0 Pros are very versatile and work excellent in 4x4 SCT. There Silver Arrow V2 is an excellent ESC for the money, I just wish it wasn't quite as big as it is or, maybe have the wires replaceable like the GT2.0 pro series. Other than that though, works excellent for 1/8 electric.
So do you think i am over buying for the truck i have? I know i want a 10.5 turn. from talking to people at the track i race they said that has worked the best in most cases. it will give me a good starter point and i can change from there..
Old 11-01-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by bbischer1
So do you think i am over buying for the truck i have? I know i want a 10.5 turn. from talking to people at the track i race they said that has worked the best in most cases. it will give me a good starter point and i can change from there..
To be honest with you, if it was the SP GT2.0 series and you were debating the LPF versus Pro in 2wd SCT, I would say "maybe". Reason being after having the MMP and the issues it can have with its BEC, the GT2.0 series had essentially the same BEC in LPF versus Pro configuration from what I have seen and been told, 3.0 Amp.

However, for whatever reason SP dumbed down the BEC on the lower version Reventon S and R escs to 2.5 Amp. There have been reports of people now having to use a glitch capacitor in instances where they didn't with the GT2.0 line of ESCs before. Not MMP bad though, but still something not done before.

I would say in that case and for the cost of the ESC, going with the Pro model of the Reventon would be on my list. Also, I am assuming this is for mod, from what I have been hearing from the SP people and the Reventon software, sounds like the boosting / turbo features are nuts on power. So, probably a good idea to use their best system for full mod.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Yea i am running open sc so basically anything goes. I currently have the radio post radio and also there servo. VERY happy with both of them. Its good stuff. I am keeping up somewhat to the fast guys, but with the stock esc and motor that goes on the sc10rs i am just to slow. I have been trying to do a lot of reading to get any kind of advantage i can! lol So if you have anymore pointers please fill me in.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Legend

Well, for that kind of situation I think the 10.5 motor is a good choice. You can boost it pretty heavily if need be, and if you have read on the SP thread the power they have available for boosting can spin the tires off the vehicle.

I would say if you get the combo, start with very modest timing selections and slowly increment as needed. Watch your temps on the motor. I like my motors in the 150's max but you may get different advise on the SP thread.

Best way to gain on the leaders, watch how they take their lines. Its definitely not all motor / ESC.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

yea i know its not all the esc and motor. I can run with them for about a lap and then I get off the Line and loose ground. Need a lot of track time! Thanks for the advise.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Tech Legend

no prob. One thing also to keep in mind, you may find your current setup (actually, in general mine usually changes some) will need to change since you now have more power on hand.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

anyone that is running a reventon pro having issues with either brake loss or brake fade?
Old 11-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mxer59
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...on-thread.html
Have not ran there REVENTON but in 1/8 there silver arrow 2 was nice
Guys post in the above thread.