Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Team Associated SC10B Race Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

I'm relatively new to Team Associated but I can already tell from the designs of each kit that definitely aimed at the intermediate r/c market and even to the professional racers.
I've only owned a heavily modded FT Tc3 back when I raced 1/10 TC and even with all the hard crashes, traction rolls, cartwheels, the only things that break are easily replaceable with stock pieces again saving weight and cost.

Then I built up a FT RC8be thinking I would have time to race on and off road. Well didn't really get to put the buggy through its paces but the build was one of my favorites for sure. Now I just got the Sc8e.2 and transferred all my RC8be electronics over and couldn't be happier.

Next Team Associated I just had to get was the sc10b. It just drives and jumps smoother and more predictable than my Losi XXX-SCB. So far my favorite Associated rig is the sc10b...Savox 1251MG @ 7.4v lol and the Castle Sv2/3800kv 4pole setup minor gear up...Smooth as butter and just insane nimble and fast!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by alexchen86
I'm relatively new to Team Associated but I can already tell from the designs of each kit that definitely aimed at the intermediate r/c market and even to the professional racers.
I've only owned a heavily modded FT Tc3 back when I raced 1/10 TC and even with all the hard crashes, traction rolls, cartwheels, the only things that break are easily replaceable with stock pieces again saving weight and cost.

Then I built up a FT RC8be thinking I would have time to race on and off road. Well didn't really get to put the buggy through its paces but the build was one of my favorites for sure. Now I just got the Sc8e.2 and transferred all my RC8be electronics over and couldn't be happier.

Next Team Associated I just had to get was the sc10b. It just drives and jumps smoother and more predictable than my Losi XXX-SCB. So far my favorite Associated rig is the sc10b...Savox 1251MG @ 7.4v lol and the Castle Sv2/3800kv 4pole setup minor gear up...Smooth as butter and just insane nimble and fast!

I had all Team Associated 2wd offroad cars and the SC10B is by far my favourite. It handles great, looks awesome and is very fun to drive.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How does this compare to the short course trucks? I never liked the parachute effect of the trucks and I love the look for this.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silo
How does this compare to the short course trucks? I never liked the parachute effect of the trucks and I love the look for this.
It will be right up your alley then! It has all of the good stuff about short course, mixed with all of the good stuff from 2wd buggy. These things really are the best of everything IMO. If they were 4wd, it would be the only car I'd own lol. These are by FAR my favorite 2wd, and I've had all of the AE 2wd cars as well.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbo2cam
It will be right up your alley then! It has all of the good stuff about short course, mixed with all of the good stuff from 2wd buggy. These things really are the best of everything IMO. If they were 4wd, it would be the only car I'd own lol. These are by FAR my favorite 2wd, and I've had all of the AE 2wd cars as well.
Yeah I want a 4WD but Axial doesn't have the pedigree for me to trust on a track. I might just get one of these used cause I don't want the remote.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Initiate

I tried racing with an Axial EXo Buggy. But there just wasnt enough parts support and fine tuning I could with it. Plus 4Wd is a dead catergory in the Phoenix area. The short course trucks bashed it on the track. I gave it up and bought a SC10B after seeing what was at the track.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here is a shot of my SC10B.2

Super badass paint job by 40bux.com aka psychedelicRC.com
started as SC10.2 and converted to short course buggy.
Tekin RS, Tekin 10.5
Savox 1258tg
LunarRC ackerman bar
RPM ballcups
integy front/rear lights
axial light cups
proline holeshots m4

and thats really about it!! Thing is freakin dialed too. In the last 3 races I took 1st place in 2 races, and 2nd in the last race. I have a blast with this thing!!

Old 07-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by riteangle
I tried racing with an Axial EXo Buggy. But there just wasnt enough parts support and fine tuning I could with it. Plus 4Wd is a dead catergory in the Phoenix area. The short course trucks bashed it on the track. I gave it up and bought a SC10B after seeing what was at the track.
yeah, 4x4 died in phx and is still kicking in tucson. At most places 2wd buggy is the goto class.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

4mod buggy is alive and kicking at my track...that and SCB are my two favorite classes for sure!! (4x4 SC is HUGE here right now...we've had a b-main the last 3-4 club races. We NEVER have a b-main at a club race in any class so it's a big deal to us lol)

Old 08-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

What is the strongest rear cvd set for the sc10b? I'm converting mine to a beach buggy so time to beef up all I can the stock camber links are already starting to bend a bit on my test run 3s sv2/3800kv with CC BEC at 7.4v powering a Savox SC-1251MG low pro high speed servo, but im experiencing very bad stuttering when I just start to input throttle. I think it's a tranny issue...maybe the idler gear chipped a few teeth? It's unfortunate they don't make hardened steel tranny gear replacements for those that bash only.

I also noticed that my sv2 blinks orange and red rapidly while its stuttering with rear wheels off the ground. Tried recalibrating but didn't work same problem.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

What is the strongest rear cvd set for the sc10b? I'm converting mine to a beach buggy so time to beef up all I can the stock camber links are already starting to bend a bit on my test run 3s sv2/3800kv with CC BEC at 7.4v powering a Savox SC-1251MG low pro high speed servo, but im experiencing very bad stuttering when I just start to input throttle. I think it's a tranny issue...maybe the idler gear chipped a few teeth? It's unfortunate they don't make hardened steel tranny gear replacements for those that bash only.

I also noticed that my sv2 blinks orange and red rapidly while its stuttering with rear wheels off the ground. Tried recalibrating but didn't work same problem.
These look pretty beefy

http://miponline.com/MIP/Home.html
Old 08-08-2013, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The MIP sets are great. Its the first thing I replace on all my kits. Ive never had an issue with them.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Never had an issue with the FT CVA's they are damn near bulletproof IMO. And yes they do make a steel idler gear....problem is, instead of the idler gear roaching...it's the next plastic gear inline, which is the diff gear. it's a MUCH bigger issue to replace a diff gear vs idler gear (and more $$ also) just buy a couple idler gears (like $2 each) and thank your lucky stars you arent roaching diff gears instead lol. Also loosen up your slipper and you won't roach anything in the trans...ever. you are tearing up trans parts because your slipper is too tight, not because of the terrain you are running on.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:41 AM
Tech Master

Wow so I actually bent the front camber link driver side right where the threads meet the ball cup lol! All I did was jump a little 2' sand ramp on a volleyball court didn't even flip it once.

So upgrading to lunsfords now and run the cups that come with the kit. Or should I go for the RPMs?

Running gear is top notch now....next up will have to be either the MIP cvd's or the FT CVAs.

Which one is tougher I need it to handle 3s and paddles on sand.

Since I do a ton of beach running with paddles and beadlocks. This buggy doesn't see tracks only sand and street. Of course I adjust the stock slipper accordingly.

So stock shocks are fine, just replacing things as they break.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Hey guys so I have this sc10b,mainly using it for bashing in the sand, I did a few mods listed below.Tried the stock RTR shocks,proline powerstrokes and lastly the scte shocks. All setups seem to work pretty similar in that the buggy seems to nosedive most of the time on the practice track. I wanted to swap the gear diff out for a ball diff.... I had a spare tranny for my b4.2 all ready to go and figured I would try it with a b4 wing mount and no rear cage/bodywork. After installing it I got carried away with the body scissors and trimmed out the body to sit level with the side top bar of the cage. basically lowered the side panels to look less bathtub like. Let me know what you think so far.

Scte RTR shocks with a/e 1.6 pistons
Turnbuckles and rpm cups
Castle 3800/sct combo
Xp1015 servo
Losi xxx sc wide hex's Rear for scte wheel offset
Swapped the front stub axles for RTR rear outer stubs for wider offset
Cva's and .5*alum hubs with B hub installed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.