Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Eclipse Tires/Inserts

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 07:41 AM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Losi Eclipse Tires/Inserts

Anyone know what insert they use in the Losi SCTE/SCB kit tires? Both my SCTE and SCB tires are super soft and some feel like they have a lot of air gap in them. I want to make up a set of these for my SC10. Our local HS has a pretty big selection of tires/inserts, but nothing looks right.

I recently bought a set of 4 Eclipse tires and tried some old school inserts that were in the bargain bin and even they are still too stiff. My SCTE tires feel extremely soft and have a lot of free space in them. The SCB tires don't feel like they have all that extra room but are still very soft. The tires I bought to glue up feel just as stiff as any other SC tire out there.

Thanks
Old 09-23-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The inserts are old school regular foam not closed cell. They break down after a few runs. I boiled the tires off and put some older black aka CC foams in and they work great. Newer red aka foams or proline blue foams should work well also.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:36 AM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You are exactly correct

Late last night, I remembered I had an old Eclipse kit tire with a stripped hex. I baked the tire off and saw the open cell foam insert first hand.

Thank you for your reply!