Wiki Posts
Search

OCRC TRACK SETUP RECOMMENDATIONS

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile OCRC TRACK SETUP RECOMMENDATIONS

Hello,
I am a beginner to all this electric off-road racing stuff. I currently have a Team Associated SC10 2WD with a Reedy Sonic 17.5 motor, and Traxxas Velineon ESC. I just got myself a membership at OCRC indoor track in Huntington Beach, CA. Is there any recommendations for shocks, tires, gearing, etc. for this track? Or just any track setup in general? It is a small/medium indoor clay track with only one major jump. All help is appreciated!!!

THANKS!!

-Cristian
Old 09-14-2012, 10:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clamport
Hello,
I am a beginner to all this electric off-road racing stuff. I currently have a Team Associated SC10 2WD with a Reedy Sonic 17.5 motor, and Traxxas Velineon ESC. I just got myself a membership at OCRC indoor track in Huntington Beach, CA. Is there any recommendations for shocks, tires, gearing, etc. for this track? Or just any track setup in general? It is a small/medium indoor clay track with only one major jump. All help is appreciated!!!

THANKS!!

-Cristian
Im still super new to this as well. This post would most likely get better feedback in the california section under the ocrc thread, might want to check. Im there a couple days a week, everyone there has always been very helpful whenever I had any questions.

The only thing I can really comment on is get your self a set of jconcept barcodes. That was the best thing ive done so far.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile

Originally Posted by xDIRTYx
Im still super new to this as well. This post would most likely get better feedback in the california section under the ocrc thread, might want to check. Im there a couple days a week, everyone there has always been very helpful whenever I had any questions.

The only thing I can really comment on is get your self a set of jconcept barcodes. That was the best thing ive done so far.
Thanks for the info! i will re-post this under the OCRC section. Maybe ill see you down there sometime!
Old 09-14-2012, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

The main thing you need to know is "Gold Bar Codes". Get a full set if you don't have any already...

Lots of people at OCRC are really nice and will help you out. It's a great group.

When I ran an SC10 I recall running red front springs, green rear springs, 40wt in front with #3 pistons, 35wt in the rear with #1 pistons, and a little below bones and arms level (can't recall the exact height) most of the time on medium-high-bite clay tracks. If you're a pure beginner, run about 4 degrees of rear toe to help it track a bit better out of corners, too.

I recall being very fond of much of this setup when I was first starting out with my SC10... This is from the indoor clay track at the A Main Hobbies warehouse, so the "grass" marking is incorrect. Other sheets are available here: SC10 Setup Sheets

Have fun! OCRC is a great track.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the info! i will re-post this under the OCRC section. Maybe ill see you down there sometime!
Im sure you will with as much time as ive been spending there lately. You wouldnt happen to have been there last night would you?
Old 09-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Im sure you will with as much time as ive been spending there lately. You wouldnt happen to have been there last night would you?
Yup, i sure was there last night! That was my first time running there
Old 09-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yup, i sure was there last night! That was my first time running there
With the rockstar body? I had the beat up monster bodied sc10's and my buddy has the blue and silver bodied one
Old 09-14-2012, 11:23 PM
Tech Initiate

With the rockstar body? I had the beat up monster bodied sc10's and my buddy has the blue and silver bodied one
Yup, that was me! haha you guys flipped me back over a few times...
Old 09-14-2012, 11:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Was it this one?
Attached Thumbnails OCRC TRACK SETUP RECOMMENDATIONS-photo.jpg  
Old 09-14-2012, 11:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yup, that was me! haha you guys flipped me back over a few times...
haha yes sir its a whole lot easier than running down there and doin it by hand! You were doin pretty good for your first time out, a whole lot better than i did
Old 09-14-2012, 11:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Was it this one?
yup. I was driving the similar looking rockstar sc10 till I ripped off the on/off switch then a couple laps with my sc10 4x4 till I broke that one too
Old 09-14-2012, 11:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hello,

THANKS!!

-Cristian
Cant help you with a specific setup but I can help you to get one. Bar Codes or Surburbs in the clay compound are the way to go. If you dont want to/cant mount your own Jake (VERY important here) mount them up and ussually has some ready to go, if not he's happy to do it for you.

Now here is were Jake is more important, He's Factory Associated and fast, He can get you started down the path to enlightenment. Best of all He's super nice and aproachable, as are all the staff.

Finally since I dont run an SC10 I dont know if this will help but the base stock setup for my B4.1 is more than good enough to get me around. I'd get the tires and start with the stock setup and go from there.

Second finally dont be fooled by the track layout, RB and Nick change it about every 5 weeks
Old 09-15-2012, 12:10 AM
Tech Initiate

yup. I was driving the similar looking rockstar sc10 till I ripped off the on/off switch then a couple laps with my sc10 4x4 till I broke that one too
ooh ok. and ouch haha, did you fix it up yet?
Old 09-15-2012, 12:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BillPear
Cant help you with a specific setup but I can help you to get one. Bar Codes or Surburbs in the clay compound are the way to go. If you dont want to/cant mount your own Jake (VERY important here) mount them up and ussually has some ready to go, if not he's happy to do it for you.

Now here is were Jake is more important, He's Factory Associated and fast, He can get you started down the path to enlightenment. Best of all He's super nice and aproachable, as are all the staff.

Finally since I dont run an SC10 I dont know if this will help but the base stock setup for my B4.1 is more than good enough to get me around. I'd get the tires and start with the stock setup and go from there.

Second finally dont be fooled by the track layout, RB and Nick change it about every 5 weeks
Thank you so much for the input! i really appreciate it, i can mount my own tires, but ill be sure to talk to jake next time i go down there. which should be monday night
Old 09-15-2012, 12:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Oh, by the way I work at Hobby People in Lawndale. So if you guys ever need anything, just let me know and ill hook you up and bring you what you need.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.