Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Team Durango DEX408T truggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 09:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Now i need a Spur gear ASAP and tower amain ebay stormer all sold out anybody have a spare they would be willing to part with??
Old 05-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

Originally Posted by BENRAT
Now i need a Spur gear ASAP and tower amain ebay stormer all sold out anybody have a spare they would be willing to part with??
Post here and see if Ryan Lutz can help you..http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...evolution.html
It's ridiculous that there's no part support for a great truggy....many have changed manufacturers because of this but they would rather have kept their DEX408T's
Old 05-23-2014, 11:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you,

I appreciate it.

I sent him a message.

Originally Posted by RockStar_199
Post here and see if Ryan Lutz can help you..http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...evolution.html
It's ridiculous that there's no part support for a great truggy....many have changed manufacturers because of this but they would rather have kept their DEX408T's
Old 05-26-2014, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey, so I'm looking for stiffer springs for my 408t. The track I run has a lot of big jumps, and yesterday I was having trouble on take-offs. I would "smack" into the jump face and pop up in the air. I used to over-shoot the triple, but yesterday I was just clearing the double, with ridiculous (bad) hang time.

I think that is partially due to 10+ degrees warmer temps outside making my shock oil thinner... And now I'm thinking stiffer springs to go with thicker shock oil?

I have the stiffest Durango white springs in front, and second stiffest in rear. And I've been running 50wt shock oil with fioroni variable pistons.

I think previously I was depending on the action of the pistons when jumping instead of the stiffness of the springs. But yesterday the warmer temps made the shock oil thinner, reduced the variable effect of those pistons? That makes sense to me....

I would rather run stiffer springs than constantly change shock oil when temps change...but what springs? I did a little searching, but it seems spring ratings are hard to compare between brands.

So what non-durango (i.e. stiffer than durango) springs are working?
Old 05-26-2014, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Oh, the springs I'm running in front are 126gf/mm, or 7.06 lb/in. Rear is 113 gf/mm, I don't know in pounds.

i'm still looking...any help would be great!
Old 06-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

What does putting shocks on the backside of A arm do on the rear?
Old 07-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Has anybody converted there dnx408t to e. Does the e motor mount work? I know rc monster n integy have kits. I used the integy now after a year I'm having issues would like other options Thanks
Old 07-10-2014, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just got a 408T coming and wanted to know what suspension and diff setups most of you were running.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

Has anybody else had a problem with shock diaphragms getting punctured?

I just started to rebuild the shocks on my 408T, and found that all 4 shock diaphragms were punctured. There is a small circle cut into the rubber on the back of each diaphragm. It appears to match a small hole on the inside of the shock cap.

I'm running the stock shock caps, NOT the vented caps. I had 35k losi oil, 6x1.3mm pistons (fioroni).

I suppose I can fill that hole in the shock cap with JB weld to prevent it from happening again, but....

Has anybody else experienced this? Does it just happen, or did I make some rookie mistake when building my shocks? Awhile back someone else posted about a hole in their shock diaphragm...maybe it was the same thing?
Old 07-27-2014, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Has anyone has issues with steering slop? It seems that the little inserts that go into the ackerman wear out over time resulting in major steering slop. Any suggestions besides swapping out the insert?
Old 07-27-2014, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TLRrunner
Has anyone has issues with steering slop?
YES! much so, but i've also heard it's just a truggy thing, so yea lol
Old 07-27-2014, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

I can attest that it is more than just a truggy thing! My DEX408v2 is the same way. All the balls and links are fine but the little plastic or metal insert is what I believe is wearing out.

Originally Posted by rc_dude
YES! much so, but i've also heard it's just a truggy thing, so yea lol
Old 07-27-2014, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TLRrunner
I can attest that it is more than just a truggy thing! My DEX408v2 is the same way. All the balls and links are fine but the little plastic or metal insert is what I believe is wearing out.
i'm not sure there is much anyone can do to help prevent it though. The truggy's especially see a lot of force at the joints and then dirt gets in there are just digs it out. You might try some kind of dry lubricant but that's all I can think of that would help. Maybe running different ball joint too
Old 07-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

It's a fairly common thing with all of Durango's 1/8th's since the DNX408 launched almost 3 years ago. There is two ways to fix the insert slop. First and easiest would be to use red locktite or CA glue, and bond the inserts to the ackerman. Probably would be better with fresh parts instead of already sloppy parts.

The second would be to do the 'bearing mod.' Tobamiester has a great writeup;
http://teamtobamiester.wordpress.com...-ackerman-fix/
Old 07-27-2014, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

Shawn_S you the man!! The guy I bought my v1 from had this mod in place but I could never find out what bearing he used when 1 of them got lost during maintenance! The steering was so much tighter with that mod than with the stock pieces. I'll get the parts I need and get it in place on both vehicles! Thanks again!!

Originally Posted by Shawn_S
It's a fairly common thing with all of Durango's 1/8th's since the DNX408 launched almost 3 years ago. There is two ways to fix the insert slop. First and easiest would be to use red locktite or CA glue, and bond the inserts to the ackerman. Probably would be better with fresh parts instead of already sloppy parts.

The second would be to do the 'bearing mod.' Tobamiester has a great writeup;
http://teamtobamiester.wordpress.com...-ackerman-fix/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.