Electric Buggies & Outdoor Tracks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Electric Buggies & Outdoor Tracks

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

You do sound a little sensitive. Why all the nitro bashing? Maybe you just need some thicker skin and pull those big boy pants up some.

On the other hand. Any track where your fellow racers aren't keeping an eye on your pit for you isn't a track worth going to.

Any track where you can't find a pit guy easy, is also not worth going to.

I race both E&N 1/8th scale and 1/10th. I save my 1/10th scales for winter indoors. Too small and toyish for rugged outdoor tracks. One of my local tracks "sweats" rocks bigger than the wheels on 1/10 scale buggies. Even if you clear the track, they mysteriously float to the surface and free themselfs. Crazy zombie rocks.

As far as I'm concerned, real races last at least 30min (except for top fuel dragsters), and have pit stops. I'd rather finish mid-pack in a nitro race than podium an electric race. More of a challenge to me, more rewarding.