Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New RC Racing Video Game/Simulation

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by westendorfy
Make sure its the full game and not the demo game. (the icons look similar except the word demo on it)

in the full game you should be able to get onto the tracks surface after hitting "open practice" button from the pit table. There is no restrictions at all on the full game..... you should be "spawned" right on to the tracks or in a "pit area"

let me know if you have any more problems.

[email protected] for support.

Kevin
I have the full version and I don't see the "open practice button" anywhere, when I click on a track I can't load it and play.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Whats the point of a Demo than if you cant not at least drive on one track
I mean how are you going to like it if you want to buy it is my point.

Looking at just the pit area and the track doesnt do much for people to want to buy it if you cant drive on at least one track.
You can drive on the demo track. I think it's totally fair, it's a demo of both surfaces offered in the game. It was nice of him to even let us get onto the other tracks, most games won't even let you do that.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Racer X8000
You can drive on the demo track. I think it's totally fair, it's a demo of both surfaces offered in the game. It was nice of him to even let us get onto the other tracks, most games won't even let you do that.

Um i tried i even clicked on the open practice mode on the Demo theres no where to get onto the track.
You only can drive around the pits .
Old 07-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Go to the demo lot, load a car, and on the very top of the screen it says "open practice" click on that and it'll put you on the track. From there you can drive around the whole map. If that doesn't work I would suggest re-downloading the game because somethings wrong with your version.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Whats the point of a Demo than if you cant not at least drive on one track
I mean how are you going to like it if you want to buy it is my point.

Looking at just the pit area and the track doesnt do much for people to want to buy it if you cant drive on at least one track.
You can drive anywhere you want on the demo track ..... there just isnt a full "track". but there is jumps, tubes, cones, a full parking lot, 8 different cameras, 3 different cars...... etc.

The demo area is the largest track in the game...... you should be able to get a full understanding of the cars and if your computer is capable of running it.....as this is the main part of the demo.

Kevin
Old 07-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Go to the demo lot, load a car, and on the very top of the screen it says "open practice" click on that and it'll put you on the track. From there you can drive around the whole map. If that doesn't work I would suggest re-downloading the game because somethings wrong with your version.

I did it said it was updated and every track i go to i cant get the trucks to go the Demo .

Il try to download it again.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Ok, got my vrc adapter to work with my DX3R Pro. WOW has this got potential!!! I dont think I've ever been this excited about a RC product in the 20 years Ive been in the hobby. Definately need some calibration capabilites cause Im experiencing the same throttle and steering issues the others have mentioned. But the vehicles, tracks, layouts, driver views and graphics are spot on. One recommendation I have is to make a controller function marshall the car. Not the most convienent to have to interact with the computer to do so. I had no problem paying the $15. Its less than one class entry fee and no gas to get there! The hard work shows and will pay off$$$$$$$$$$ Way to go!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I did it said it was updated and every track i go to i cant get the trucks to go the Demo .

Il try to download it again.
I think you're misunderstanding. You can ONLY get on the "Demo Track" with the free version. The buttons to load the track are finicky. Just click all over the place near the load track button. It should take you to the pits. Pick a car, then click Open Practice.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:13 PM
Tech Addict

Hey all, does anyone know a free program that I can use to unzip the file for the Demo? My sub. ran out with winzip.

thank you in advance for any help.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:15 PM
Tech Regular

You can use 7-zip. It's free and does almost everything that winzip does.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

First off, very impressive, quite the project to undertake for one person, keep up the good work.

I have a 1.8ghz 1g RAM laptop, as expected load times were lengthy, and even on the fastest graphics setting, I was experiencing some lag in the controls. With arrow keys, its nearly undrivable, with my n64 controller/usb adapter, the analog stick made it much easier. Just the lag took a bit of getting used to.

Issues with game play, occasionally there were spots where the car would get stuck, and hitting R just sort of dropped it in the same spot, not sure if I missed a marshalling option, but one would be nice to drop it somewhere else. The buggy was missing its body shell, while the ST and SC had it. Visually there were a few spots that it was kind of hard to tell where the car was in relation to the track, the elevated turn in the middle left of the demo specifically. Maybe needs some depth of field graphic cues or something? No idea on that.

UI, my screen is 1024x768 the screen for loading the track was offset to the right enough I could only see part of the Load Track button. To load the track I had to click to the right of the Back button. Which several screens had this issue where the active click area for the button was offset, HUD was another, the actual button graphics were out of place from where they should be. Also it seemed weird I had to pick a car in the hobby shop, then pick one again at the pit table. The earth with the pins in it, not sure on that, nice visually, but just having a track list might be easier and more simple to navigate.

Over all, for a Beta Demo, and a one person team you got there, very impressive. One question the 15 dollars, is that just for the beta version? or will the price include the update for the final release? You said this is your own sort of kickstarter, just wondering if paying the 15 now gets you a full copy later? or if that is the final price? Anyhow great job, keep it up.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Tech Addict

You can use 7-zip. It's free and does almost everything that winzip does.
Thank you! Played around with this right after I got it working. It's a pretty good start that's for sure. It handled like doo-doo using my keypad but that's like using an on-off switch for throttle and steering anyway so I expected that.

One thing the devs of this game might want to add is a track creator/editor.

One thing that is missing from racing games today is the ability to be creative with the tracks yourself.

If their was a creator/editor theoretically you could just copy your home track and use this game for some practice when you aren't able to be at the track.

That could be a huge selling point.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

Henry, a track editor has been confirmed as being on the "to-do list" for the game.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Played around with the game for about an hour. I don't have my controller hooked up to the computer so I had to use the keyboards. Sc truck was easiest to drive. They all spun out like mad but I think its cause I was using the arrow keys. If i can find a link for my dx3c I will definitely buy this.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrspruitt
First off, very impressive, quite the project to undertake for one person, keep up the good work.

I have a 1.8ghz 1g RAM laptop, as expected load times were lengthy, and even on the fastest graphics setting, I was experiencing some lag in the controls. With arrow keys, its nearly undrivable, with my n64 controller/usb adapter, the analog stick made it much easier. Just the lag took a bit of getting used to.

Issues with game play, occasionally there were spots where the car would get stuck, and hitting R just sort of dropped it in the same spot, not sure if I missed a marshalling option, but one would be nice to drop it somewhere else. The buggy was missing its body shell, while the ST and SC had it. Visually there were a few spots that it was kind of hard to tell where the car was in relation to the track, the elevated turn in the middle left of the demo specifically. Maybe needs some depth of field graphic cues or something? No idea on that.

UI, my screen is 1024x768 the screen for loading the track was offset to the right enough I could only see part of the Load Track button. To load the track I had to click to the right of the Back button. Which several screens had this issue where the active click area for the button was offset, HUD was another, the actual button graphics were out of place from where they should be. Also it seemed weird I had to pick a car in the hobby shop, then pick one again at the pit table. The earth with the pins in it, not sure on that, nice visually, but just having a track list might be easier and more simple to navigate.

Over all, for a Beta Demo, and a one person team you got there, very impressive. One question the 15 dollars, is that just for the beta version? or will the price include the update for the final release? You said this is your own sort of kickstarter, just wondering if paying the 15 now gets you a full copy later? or if that is the final price? Anyhow great job, keep it up.
Thanks everyone for the nice comments.....

jrspruitt: I dont think your computer is up to the Min Specs..... i have not seen bodies or any objects disappear on any other systems....... honestly I'm glad to hear it worked though....... your graphics card must be at least 2.0 shader compatible or better and it sound like its not. i built RCSIM on a older imac running windows (basically a laptop with a nicer, bigger case...lol) so it doesnt take a very good graphics card to run this game but it will look better and run smoother.

The $15 price is for early Beta "testers" and will remain this way for at least a couple months...... we will then re-evaluate the features and content at that time and adjust....depending on the features..... i would say $25-28 bucks tops.

All purchases made in the beta stage and when the game is released will include all updates to the coming content for the life of the game..... the discount is a perk of showing early support now.

Kevin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.