Team C TC02/TC02 EVO thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team C TC02/TC02 EVO thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

What does the gear diff do that helps the car, and why is it better than the ball diff. I have seen talk about it but never had a gear diff always a ball diff. I would try one if you guys think it is that much better, my thinking is it might corner better and have more forward bite just trying to figure in my mind what it would do.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Zero maintenance
performance never changes
Tune able via oil viscosity
tracks straight
For some reason it works better on this car than most, dont really know why!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Zero maintenance
performance never changes
Tune able via oil viscosity
tracks straight
For some reason it works better on this car than most, dont really know why!
The zero maintenance that i like, does it add extra weight to the car.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

there is only a few grams difference, not enough to worry about especially in mod.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if youre driving on low-med traction surfaces, that weight is right where you need it. dead center, between the rear wheels.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What weight oil are you guys running in the gear diff?
Old 01-13-2013, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

2k is the best all around on all track conditions.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
2k is the best all around on all track conditions.
I've tested a few wts and always come back to 2k. Seems to be a well balanced wt for all tracks and conditions.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:17 AM
EJF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

im interested in the TC02 buggy, i currently run the AE car and might make a change. Does this car require any hopups for durability? speaking of durability, how well does it hold up as far as wear and slop, diff maintiance, etc. Performance wise compared to the other cars as well. Around here the AE car is the benchmark, but im looking for something different .
Old 01-14-2013, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

B4 wheels fit on the tc02 right?
Old 01-14-2013, 09:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by EJF
im interested in the TC02 buggy, i currently run the AE car and might make a change. Does this car require any hopups for durability? speaking of durability, how well does it hold up as far as wear and slop, diff maintiance, etc. Performance wise compared to the other cars as well. Around here the AE car is the benchmark, but im looking for something different .
Only hop up for durability IMO is the rear carbon T plate. I have been running everything else stock for 6mths. have broken one front arm and one rear tower the entire time. The car is more stable than the b4. If you stick with the ball dif i would of course upgrade the balls and plates with BFAST (assuming they have a kit) personally the gear dif is the way to go.

Originally Posted by whatthefuggy
The hex drive ones fit, I use RB5 wheels myself though.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EJF
Hopups aren't required but the ones that are highly recommended are aluminium hubs, gear diff and the latest version of the front upper and lower kick plate. as for wear and slop, I can't see it being any better or any worse than an AE. I can't compare it performance wise with the AE but I can tell you the one I race against, I leave behind.

TC02 Evo would be your best bet to take the fight to the AE's if it's all rear motors.

Originally Posted by whatthefuggy
yes if it has the 12mm hex conversion. Team C had CVD's to work with the pin style wheels. I believe Kyosho wheels work too.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

how does the tc02t compare to the t4.1 as far as jumping, cornering, durability, etc?
Old 01-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've ran my TC02 Evo for 4-5 months now and have broken a 1st style kick plate but not the new T02147 and steering rack due to hitting a brick wall. I had one ball cup break but I'm still using all the parts that came with the kit except I did the gear diff conversion. I have carbon towers but not the carbon t plate. I was down sided by an ebuggy where his front bumper hit the back of my front shock tower and all it broke was a top plate and this was over a 17ft jump so we had momentum. Other then that the buggy has proven to be very strong.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EJF
The TC02 EVO comes with hopups and BFAST does make a diff for it, i built mine last month and have raced it 10 times and spent two 8 hour days and did nothing but practice with it the only thing i broke was a front arm and any buggy would of done the same the crash was hard, the car is very durable and i haven't noticed any slop with the car just as tight as when i built it, the best 2wd buggy i have ever owned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.