Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Tekin for my 8.2e

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

This is the Viper R/C VTX10 Combo Package, with an included 25.5 Turn "VST" Brushless Motor. Viper’s VTX10 electronic speed controller for 1/10 and 1/12-scale RC cars and trucks gives you more features and innovations to make your on-road and off-road RC cars not only ready to run, but ready to compete! The revolutionary V-PORT interface allows you to easily manipulate your ESC settings via the included VIPER ProGauge without unplugging the receiver connector. The small footprint allows for a variety of mounting options, while the waterproof aluminum case provides maximum durability.

Viper R/C Solutions’ VST series sensored brushless motors offer smooth and efficient performance, durability, versatility and quality. The VST series motors features high precision ball bearings for superior performance, longer life and a re-buildable design. Plus, five optional tuning rotors offer a wide range of tuning options, allowing you to get the most out of your motor. A precision machined 6061 T6 billet aluminum ribbed can is designed to provide the best protection and cooling, while the ultra low resistance, high current soldering tab system provides trouble free connections and easy wiring. Engineered, built and tested to meet the needs of even the most demanding 1/10 scale RC car applications, Viper’s VST series brushless motors provide the smoothest power band and reliable performance for your 1/10 scale RC car.

The Viper ProGauge is a revolutionary innovation that lets you monitor and program your electronics quickly and easily wherever you are! This pocket size 5 in 1 tool is a must have item for your tool box! With an easy-to-read interface, straightforward logic and a limited 1 year manufacturers warranty, the Viper ProGauge offers the most all-in-one functions, the easiest setup and the smallest size of any device on the market.
I wouldn't put that Viper combo in my 8th buggy. Like the mamba Max Pro, maybe the ESC can handle it, but you'll get much better power delivery with an 8th specific ESC/motor combo.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I had a 1900 RX8 combo running on 19/46 gearing in my RC8. I felt like I didn't have enough on the straights or for quick line up.

I'd suggest going with the 2250. I had a 2250 in my Vorza and I loved it. Ran it on 15/50 gearing. You can run a 2250 on 17/46.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Tech Initiate

i think ill do a viper combo 25.5 combo... what are your thoughts? looking more to speed than i am torque. thanks
Old 08-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bohdi
that is WAY under geared.

Race wise, I would go with 1700kv on 4s...BUTTER!!!!

I honestly Felt my 1700 was Gutless compared to my 1900....2250 in a buddy's Losi was Bonker's Fast....Overkill for racing. So much so he stepped down to a 1900.

If you gear a 1900 Properly it will Do it ALL and then Some.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I would suggest a 1900 or 2050 Tekin. The motors have been out for a while, and I've put mine through a year of racing. The 1900 seems to have a smoother throttle curve, while the 2050 has punch you need, but feels flatter on the top end.

I felt that I really had to stab the throttle on the 1900 to correct the car in air, or around corners, with the 2050, it's much easier to do.

1700 is too low for the large tracks I race on, and the 2250 is a little extreme.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slashracer111
I would suggest a 1900 or 2050 Tekin. The motors have been out for a while, and I've put mine through a year of racing. The 1900 seems to have a smoother throttle curve, while the 2050 has punch you need, but feels flatter on the top end.

I felt that I really had to stab the throttle on the 1900 to correct the car in air, or around corners, with the 2050, it's much easier to do.

1700 is too low for the large tracks I race on, and the 2250 is a little extreme.
I'm with this fella and so much so I went with the tekin combo. The AE weights over 8 pounds and ran great with the 2050. Tekin is the most popular brand with the good support. Warranty and no warranty prices are more than reasonable. With Prompt service.
So far its been dependable and I would bet its the most sold tried and true 1/8th speed control for its dependability. 99% of the racers at our track run them.