Wiki Posts
Search

Need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Need some advice

I'm thinking about buying the Tekin RS Pro 10.5 brushless system for my SC10. With the tower hobbies coupon code, I can get it for $250 shipped. Any reason why I shouldn't? (I'm tired of trying to be fast on a budget) I figure I can just buy this and be done with it. Pros/Cons?
Old 07-15-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dave-man
I'm thinking about buying the Tekin RS Pro 10.5 brushless system for my SC10. With the tower hobbies coupon code, I can get it for $250 shipped. Any reason why I shouldn't? (I'm tired of trying to be fast on a budget) I figure I can just buy this and be done with it. Pros/Cons?
There is no need to run the pro with a 10.5. Just get the normal RS.
(by the way, you aren't fast or slow based on your budget, you are fast or slow based on your driving)
Old 07-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
(by the way, you aren't fast or slow based on your budget, you are fast or slow based on your driving)
I guess I should have worded it better. I'm finally ready to buy something new and quit buying used.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

A lot of people at our local track constantly say the Tekins arent smooth, Tekin this, Tekin that, but mine have served me pretty well. I went with a Viper VTX10r a couple weeks ago in one of my cars and I cant tell any difference.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dave-man
I guess I should have worded it better. I'm finally ready to buy something new and quit buying used.
The RS is a good speedo.. easy to solder, small, and light... but there are better options. I would take an R10 or an SXXv2 first... just my $.02.