Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4x4 and 2wd buggy insert question ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default 4x4 and 2wd buggy insert question ?

Ok new to the whole buggy thing have a dex410 and b4 buggy I run on a dirt indoor track and run ss tires on all my cars .my question is what bennifit would I get by running aka or proline inserts in the front and rear or just front and stock foams in the rear ? Sorry for the newb question about it just trying to understand it so I'm not wasting a bunch of money on tires and inserts
Old 06-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

no way to tell, your track your setup, all are part of the equation. Think of it like a car tire and the foams are the tire pressure. A 4wd rolling in sand may run 10psi and you know that sports car on a winding road is running 36psi. Obviously running a gnarly off road track will need a different foam than a smooth indoor clay track. The tire can have a completely different carcass and some are "floppy" and some are "stiff". All wheels don't fit the same either. In the same evening Iv'e had some go together and feel perfect right outta the bag, next pair... an hour of various combos until it's glued. (you can alter the tires performance by the way you glue as well).
I would say the basic rule is the rougher and looser the track the softer the foam and the smoother and more packed the firmer.
The whole tire wheel thing is a sickness not surpassed even by horsepower wars.