Wiki Posts
Search

Opinions welcomed/needed on scb/DB class

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
So essentially you're making a full legal conversion to a SCT? With the correct body, tires, everthing?

And your track is still being silly? That tracks operator needs it's head examined. What track is it? I'd just go elsewhere.

If you're within the rules for tires, lipo, motor, wheels, and body.....then nothing else should matter.

Allthough this is another case where your better off keeping quite. If you would have made the conversion and just claimed it was a used truck from Ebay you would have had no problems.
That's where the problems lies. The SCB have a buggy body and open wheels. Yes they use SCT rims/tires but do not have a SCT body..

The underneath may be the same but the body is different which sticks you in a different class.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Yea they scb/DB have different bodies. What bondobird wanted to do is slap a DB body and bumpers on a scr-sp and they deemed that cheating. Now apparently there are talks of banning the DB from that class and now its scb only.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by 84 GT 5.0
Yea they scb/DB have different bodies. What bondobird wanted to do is slap a DB body and bumpers on a scr-sp and they deemed that cheating. Now apparently there are talks of banning the DB from that class and now its scb only.
Only reason I can think of is due to the open wheel. It's easy as hell to flip a SCT
I am not really sure why they would want to ban them unless someone is crying about them.

They seem to handle better than a SCT though,
Old 06-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by brent701
That's where the problems lies. The SCB have a buggy body and open wheels. Yes they use SCT rims/tires but do not have a SCT body..

The underneath may be the same but the body is different which sticks you in a different class.
Oh, #$%^ no. Yup that's cheating. You can't run a buggy body in SCT. That's just plain stupid.

OP needs to take 5 minutes to mount up a proper body if he wants to run with SCT's.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's the other way around. I want to run in the short course buggy class and I was going to convert a kyosho sct to a SCB and they say that is cheating...whereas its not cheating to buy a kyosho buggy and put the scr parts on it. Now because of that mess they want to make it a xxx-SCB only class
Old 06-26-2012, 07:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Oh, #$%^ no. Yup that's cheating. You can't run a buggy body in SCT. That's just plain stupid.

OP needs to take 5 minutes to mount up a proper body if he wants to run with SCT's.
I think you missed the point, he wants to run in short course BUGGY class...
The kyosho DB is identical in parts to the SC, so most people put the DB parts on a SC/R and thus you have an DB/R... The DB parts are rather cheap and the shocks are borderline at best, but the velvets rock! It is NOT cheating! I ran a DB/R at my local track and I didn't dominate anybody! Races were always pretty close and one guy was regularly winning the class this last season with a losi!
Old 06-26-2012, 07:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bondobird
It's the other way around. I want to run in the short course buggy class and I was going to convert a kyosho sct to a SCB and they say that is cheating...whereas its not cheating to buy a kyosho buggy and put the scr parts on it. Now because of that mess they want to make it a xxx-SCB only class
Your track owner is a tard! What if another company like Associated comes out with a buggy? Those people are screwed too?
Old 06-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If associated came out with a SCB specific truck then they would be cool I guess. These guys act like because the xxx-SCB has a narrowed chassis(vs the sct) and the kyosho doesn't then they're not the same. Nobody actually said that but that's what they act like. I don't know what the problem is.
I think the real problem lies in the fact that you can buy the high end kyosho sct and convert it to their db no problem and you'll have a legit race buggy. Whereas the Losi isn't all that great out of the box and that's what most people run...box stock setups with 17.5 motor combos.