Search
Like Tree24Likes

SC10 Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samuelsonmark71
Just got the front axels and such to finish the hex conversion and then my SC10 will be done, Avid steering rack, Avid springs, Avid retainers, full Avid bearing kit (I should be sponsored by Avid by now, right?) and a full screw kit front Trick-Parts. Have to say, truck looks wicked and can't wait to finish building it. Thinking of running Savox servo wired up for HV off the battery... Thoughts?
Originally Posted by gamedog1966
Savox are a good line if servo they have a tendency to draw a lot of pwr so u may need a glitch buster or an external bec, not saying u will but u may due to brownouts
+1...
It will depend on the equipment you run, but running an extra Cap (glitch buster) doesn't hurt.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:32 AM
Tech Addict

Hey bone, sent u a pm. It wontg b until fri until I can hit the track. I made up my mind I may will have to make fiff adjustments about the front dumping so much that my rear inner tire lifts up, I dnt wnt to put a sway bar on there I have felt a guys with em on it and man did it numb his steering out way too much for my liking. My trucks have tons of steering and then I drove his its like the thing didn't have pwr steering lol lol. So I may add the washers bck and lower the ride height , test it then mayb make my rear camber to neg 2 deg if I need to make further adjustments. How that sounds , it may solve my prob
imrob likes this.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:02 AM
Tech Addict

Hey bone, sent u a pm. It wontg b until fri until I can hit the track. I made up my mind I may will have to make fiff adjustments about the front dumping so much that my rear inner tire lifts up, I dnt wnt to put a sway bar on there I have felt a guys with em on it and man did it numb his steering out way too much for my liking. My trucks have tons of steering and then I drove his its like the thing didn't have pwr steering lol lol. So I may add the washers bck and lower the ride height , test it then mayb make my rear camber to neg 2 deg if I need to make further adjustments. How that sounds , it may solve my prob
I run the silver sway bar on the rear with white avid springs, 27.5 losi. Front yel avids 32.5 losi. I set the sway bar to give a little before engaging so it doesn't actually start working until It's past arms level. Maybe try the smallest sway bar too, It's so easy to disconnect one side if want to use it or not depending on track conditions.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Ive ran the Savox servos before with Caps and they are good. I was going to use the KO propo extension that goes between the servo and the RX and wire the red, positive wire directly to the possitive wire off the ESC so that the servo doesnt even get any power from the RX (only the black and white wires would run off the RX). That way, its getting at least 7.4v at all times and shouldnt need a cap
Old 06-13-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evo8guy
I am sure this has been asked, but what Losi BB springs do you recommend for a med-high bite med sized clay track?
IMHO, I wouldn't use Losi bb springs if I were you. I spent over $60 to do the conversion (and buy 6 sets of springs), and could never get it to feel anywhere near as good as my F.T. SC10 with the stock springs on it... and my track is the same as the conditions you listed. If you want to go with the big bores, go with the Avid ones (Fronts / Rears). They make them much stiffer then the Losi ones are. I mean, the Avid one's are actually designed to be used on the SC10
Old 06-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Got your PM. Two guys I race with run sway bars, even with all the jumps, and they run good with plenty of steering. It just maybe the setup?
Sounds like something to try. It sounds like you need to find what works for you. I know a few guys who run such crazy setups, but it works for them.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Leaky Gear Diff

Anyone using a sealer to stop their gear diff from leaking? If so, what is the name and how has it performed. Thanks
Old 06-13-2012, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Micah123
Anyone using a sealer to stop their gear diff from leaking? If so, what is the name and how has it performed. Thanks
Are you using the gasket? Either way a VERY THIN coating of silicone should work.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by drtdvl4
Are you using the gasket? Either way a VERY THIN coating of silicone should work.
Was planning on using a new gasket. What kind of silicone do you use. Do you use the gasket.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Lake Ober
IMHO, I wouldn't use Losi bb springs if I were you. I spent over $60 to do the conversion (and buy 6 sets of springs), and could never get it to feel anywhere near as good as my F.T. SC10 with the stock springs on it... and my track is the same as the conditions you listed. If you want to go with the big bores, go with the Avid ones (Fronts / Rears). They make them much stiffer then the Losi ones are. I mean, the Avid one's are actually designed to be used on the SC10
Hey lake were u able to tell a big diff with the avids and did u like em? What collors and bottom cups did u use?
Old 06-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Im running the Avid collars and the 22 bottom cups. They are great thus far and loving the springs
Old 06-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by samuelsonmark71
Im running the Avid collars and the 22 bottom cups. They are great thus far and loving the springs
I may try em, I have. Several selections of the losi bb and kinda timid to get the avids when I look in my spring box and see that I have a buch od good ones already lol. What avids are u running on high bite indoor clay is it red on all four?
Old 06-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

Was planning on using a new gasket. What kind of silicone do you use. Do you use the gasket.
I use the gasket and a thin coat of permatex blue gasket maker. Not sure if that is technically silicone.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Gasket with a thin layer of greenslime on either side.

Also DONT OVER FILL THE DIFF!

Thats why I found mine was leaking.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I went with losi bottom, traxas collars, and losi springs, I havent tried it yet. 1.8 in the rear and 3.5 up front. Any one use this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.