Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wittyname
Get you a servo horn , 6x1.5 pistons , and save the rest of the money and buy track time, shock and diff oil , and some tires. There is a bit of a learning / tuning curve with this car . Taking the time to sort it out makes it much more fun to race. Their is nothing on the car that will let you down ... My 2 cents , and overpriced at that
I agree
Old 06-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks guys for the help it will be here tomorrow got to drive someones last week and its amazing compared to the 2.0 losi I had and ive won races with it so definitely cant wait for the tekno
Old 06-01-2015, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

rcracer121 id keep a spare rear diff housing, maybe a package of chassis braces, a few of the screws that hold in the hangers,, maybe some outdrives. Some real quality issues on certain runs of those outdrives.. I mean excessive wear after a single race day, others will last for 1/2 the season.. none last as long as my old losi 2.0's did but I wouldn't go back to the losi either.. buggy is great despite some of the recent QC issues I've seen. Its funny I went from the losi with excessive wear on the pins of the dogbones, to the outdrives wearing and the dogbones lasting. I guess it is one or the other :P and don't let them fool you, that quick release center diff is a MUST HAVE, it's retarded what it takes to get that diff out w/ that not installed.... worth every cent.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
rcracer121 id keep a spare rear diff housing, maybe a package of chassis braces, a few of the screws that hold in the hangers,, maybe some outdrives. Some real quality issues on certain runs of those outdrives.. I mean excessive wear after a single race day, others will last for 1/2 the season.. none last as long as my old losi 2.0's did but I wouldn't go back to the losi either.. buggy is great despite some of the recent QC issues I've seen. Its funny I went from the losi with excessive wear on the pins of the dogbones, to the outdrives wearing and the dogbones lasting. I guess it is one or the other :P and don't let them fool you, that quick release center diff is a MUST HAVE, it's retarded what it takes to get that diff out w/ that not installed.... worth every cent.
Yea I loved the losi just really wanted something more up to date and all mu buddys are running them so hopefully they will give me some set up tips. Hopeing to have the car all ready and tuned up to where I need it for the futaba race at the end of july. Thats again for the pointers ill keep lurking threw the almost 1000 pages of good info on this thread too.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

It's late and I think I'm overthinking this, but after looking at the EB48 setup sheet I totally confused myself with the ackerman/bump steer ballstuds and washers.

The setup sheet has over and under for the washers. Does under mean between the ballstud and the spindle/ackerman plate? And does over means by the screw head (basically not changing anything)?

And the ballstuds: Does the setting on Bornhosts (http://www.teknorc.com/tekno5/wp-con...MediumBite.pdf) have it such that the ackerman ballstud has the ball farthest from the ackerman plate, and the spindle ballstud has the ball closest to the spindle?

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2015, 03:07 PM
MOE
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thats how I understand it goehm.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What shock build type are you guys liking outdoors on a hard clay , large track with med size jumps in 85-95 dg heat ? The shock bladders in the kit seem really rigid . I would imagine that would be the most consistent, but maybe not the best at dampening. 6x1.5 pistons here fwiw.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wittyname
What shock build type are you guys liking outdoors on a hard clay , large track with med size jumps in 85-95 dg heat ? The shock bladders in the kit seem really rigid . I would imagine that would be the most consistent, but maybe not the best at dampening. 6x1.5 pistons here fwiw.
I would definitely use the bladder, with a vented setup. Has great bump handling as well as damping for larger jumps.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anyone know where I can find the precut masking for the windows on the body?
Old 06-03-2015, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ba4ma
Anyone know where I can find the precut masking for the windows on the body?
You can cheat by cutting the film off the outside of the Windows and use it on the opposite inside window.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:21 AM
Tech Adept

Default Newbie setup question

Hi, I bought the EB48.2 as my first buggy, at first setting it up as per standard setup of manual, and have been running it since February. However, as I go I played with different settings trying to get the car suitable to my driving style, but I have come to a point that I am completely lost... In view of the wear and tear, would go back to the base setup and try again, but before I do so would like to seek some setup advice.

The following is the standard setup which I used right off the bat (I don't know how to post the setup sheet):
Ride height - F26 R 26
Camber - 2 all corners
Toe - F 1out R 4in
Shock oil - F 450 R 350
Diff oil - 7/7/5
Tyres - Proline Holeshot X4 Super Soft
Motor/ESC : Tekin T8 G2/RX8 Gen 2
Pinion/Spur : 14/44

What I would like to achieve is lots of turn in off power. The track I am running is indoor with loose clay (mid traction), lots of chicanes.

Also the motor is getting hot (around 100 after 14 minute run). Should I gear down?

Any help appreciated
Old 06-05-2015, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by blackshark3
Hi, I bought the EB48.2 as my first buggy, at first setting it up as per standard setup of manual, and have been running it since February. However, as I go I played with different settings trying to get the car suitable to my driving style, but I have come to a point that I am completely lost... In view of the wear and tear, would go back to the base setup and try again, but before I do so would like to seek some setup advice.

The following is the standard setup which I used right off the bat (I don't know how to post the setup sheet):
Ride height - F26 R 26
Camber - 2 all corners
Toe - F 1out R 4in
Shock oil - F 450 R 350
Diff oil - 7/7/5
Tyres - Proline Holeshot X4 Super Soft
Motor/ESC : Tekin T8 G2/RX8 Gen 2
Pinion/Spur : 14/44

What I would like to achieve is lots of turn in off power. The track I am running is indoor with loose clay (mid traction), lots of chicanes.

Also the motor is getting hot (around 100 after 14 minute run). Should I gear down?

Any help appreciated
depending on what kv motor you are using you may be under geared. most run 1 17-19t on a 1900kv motor and you should be in the 140-155 temp range after 10 min. which is fine.

if you are looking for more turn in and are happy with the rest of your setup I would drop the front diff oil down to 5k first.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

What KV motor is it
Old 06-05-2015, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
depending on what kv motor you are using you may be under geared. most run 1 17-19t on a 1900kv motor and you should be in the 140-155 temp range after 10 min. which is fine.

if you are looking for more turn in and are happy with the rest of your setup I would drop the front diff oil down to 5k first.
Thanks. Would change the front diff oil to 5000 to try. Also it seems that on acceleration, especially on the straight on full throttle the front would lift off with the tires ballooning. My friend said my ride height of the rear might be too low, as when the rear settled my car's rear A arms would point upwards a little bit, but I checked the ride height is 26mm that way. Is my friend right in saying the rear A-Arms should at least be level when the rear end settle? Should I change to a stiffer rear springs or set the rear ride height higher? As for springs I am using pink front red rear, the same as stock.

As for motor, I am running 2050 KV.

Sorry for all the questions. Really appreciated
Old 06-05-2015, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by blackshark3
Thanks. Would change the front diff oil to 5000 to try. Also it seems that on acceleration, especially on the straight on full throttle the front would lift off with the tires ballooning. My friend said my ride height of the rear might be too low, as when the rear settled my car's rear A arms would point upwards a little bit, but I checked the ride height is 26mm that way. Is my friend right in saying the rear A-Arms should at least be level when the rear end settle? Should I change to a stiffer rear springs or set the rear ride height higher? As for springs I am using pink front red rear, the same as stock.

As for motor, I am running 2050 KV.

Sorry for all the questions. Really appreciated
I normally run 27mm front and 28-29mm rear. is sounds like you are getting too much weight transfer and ballooning the front tires. you can take some front droop out to help with that as well as look at rear anti squat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.