Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
Actually, with the BCE chassis being 3mm thick, it has shims to put under the transmission housings to bring the RC back to stock which is a 4mm thick chassis. If you remove the shim front or rear, you will be changing the RC so yes, you should be able to manipulate the roll center with that chassis. It is a very nice option. In my eyes, more so than the battery position. This is why i would love to see that chassis have the ability to run the stock battery position.
Jason,

I'm running a prototype BCE chassis that has the stock battery position and the modified battery location. I know Bill will be happy to make them for others if there is enough interest.

Mark
Old 01-27-2014, 06:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

That would be cool. The chassis does look nice.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Any one here with a T8I 1950? how does it run, what size track...
Old 01-27-2014, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Actually, with the BCE chassis being 3mm thick, it has shims to put under the transmission housings to bring the RC back to stock which is a 4mm thick chassis. If you remove the shim front or rear, you will be changing the RC so yes, you should be able to manipulate the roll center with that chassis. It is a very nice option. In my eyes, more so than the battery position. This is why i would love to see that chassis have the ability to run the stock battery position.
The part that hass to be removed is something I will never use. And even when removing it can still be used on the stock chassis. I am running the battery foward in the tray which is the battery back on the stock chassis. I will post up some detailed pictures tonight.

You can always spen 15$ and have a cut tray and stock tray if you plan to run either chassis depending on traction levels.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The shims aren't there to raise the housing back up. They are there because the pockets that the housing sits in isn't as deep as a stock chassis. With out the shim you are bottoming the case out on the square on the bottom not the actual case base.

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
I run it indoor. I'd say the track size is medium to small, but honestly I don't think it looses much compared to a t8 1900. I really like the feel and temperament of the motor. I'm going to leave it in there for outdoor too.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
UK - I'm currently running the T8I 1950 and this motor is very smooth. I plan to start off using it at Motorama which is a medium/large size track to see how/where it compares. The track I run it on now is very small.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cpt_RedBeard
The shims aren't there to raise the housing back up. They are there because the pockets that the housing sits in isn't as deep as a stock chassis. With out the shim you are bottoming the case out on the square on the bottom not the actual case base.
Hmm, Ok, That would be a good change as well then. cut the pockets deeper and move the battery back to stock.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
The BCE chassis for this car is the REAL DEAL in low traction bumpy conditions. The car becomes easier to drive and is more consistent. My care literally went from being an animal to a BEAST with just the chassis change.
Agreed. I really like it as well. Was wondering about how people were liking it on the full scale eb48. I've been running the BCE on my ultralight SCT410 1/8 buggy conversion for a couple months now and love it too. Really locks the rear end in and makes the car much easier to drive aggressively on corner exit for me. Just about to get a 2nd one for my short course.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hmm, Ok, That would be a good change as well then. cut the pockets deeper and move the battery back to stock.
The pockets aren't cut as deep for a reason. If they were cut to depth it would take no time for the housings to show through due to chassis wear. But I agree with moving the battery back to stock.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Jason,

I don't think he can cut them any deeper as it's so think now because it's only 3mm. He does have a template made that offers the stock battery location and his modified location as well.

Mark
Old 01-27-2014, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Ok, I may be wrong but I don't see how moving the entire diff assembly up and down in the chassis would change roll center. You are not moving the arms in relation to the gearbox or upper camber link. You are just moving the entire assembly up or down. All that would change is the height of the CG. The hinge pin inserts on the other hand do change the roll center. That being said I wonder if it's the roll center change or resulting change in height distance between the outdrive and the a-arm that really makes the difference in handling? A good example of that is the mod people were doing on the Losi 22 buggy and stadium truck. All it did was space the gearbox up higher in relation to the a-arm. If you made a change to the upper camber link that kept it in the same relationship to the a-arms before the gearbox spacer was installed, it still had more rear grip than stock even though the roll center was not changed.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MX304
Ok, I may be wrong but I don't see how moving the entire diff assembly up and down in the chassis would change roll center. You are not moving the arms in relation to the gearbox or upper camber link. You are just moving the entire assembly up or down. All that would change is the height of the CG. The hinge pin inserts on the other hand do change the roll center. That being said I wonder if it's the roll center change or resulting change in height distance between the outdrive and the a-arm that really makes the difference in handling? A good example of that is the mod people were doing on the Losi 22 buggy and stadium truck. All it did was space the gearbox up higher in relation to the a-arm. If you made a change to the upper camber link that kept it in the same relationship to the a-arms before the gearbox spacer was installed, it still had more rear grip than stock even though the roll center was not changed.
The only change with or without the shim would be a 1mm higher or lower COG. The relationship between the upper and lower arm doesn't change and the relationship between the upper and lower arm vs the outdrive doesn't change either. Its not like the 22 where the lower am hinge pin mounts are screwed to the chassis and the transmission is a separate piece. When you raised the transmission on the 22 up by 1mm it it moved the outdrive 1mm up vs the lower hing pin mounts.

All of this doesnt matter anyway. You need to run the 1mm shims under the front and rear gearboxes with the BCE chassis. The pockets in the chassis aren't deep enough to run without them. If you do, the diff cases bottom out in the pocket and you will have a little 1mm gap around the perimeter of the diff housing. The shim merely fills this gap and lets the screws tighten down without distorting the diff housing.

Use the shims it came with. I actually just put a couple dabs of super glue on mine and glued them right into place and you don't need to touch them again.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
The only change with or without the shim would be a 1mm higher or lower COG. The relationship between the upper and lower arm doesn't change and the relationship between the upper and lower arm vs the outdrive doesn't change either. Its not like the 22 where the lower am hinge pin mounts are screwed to the chassis and the transmission is a separate piece. When you raised the transmission on the 22 up by 1mm it it moved the outdrive 1mm up vs the lower hing pin mounts.

All of this doesnt matter anyway. You need to run the 1mm shims under the front and rear gearboxes with the BCE chassis. The pockets in the chassis aren't deep enough to run without them. If you do, the diff cases bottom out in the pocket and you will have a little 1mm gap around the perimeter of the diff housing. The shim merely fills this gap and lets the screws tighten down without distorting the diff housing.

Use the shims it came with. I actually just put a couple dabs of super glue on mine and glued them right into place and you don't need to touch them again.
My comment about the 22 was in reference to using the new inserts that lower the pin in relation to the outdrives, not the chassis shims.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

I would buy the chassis if it was offered with stock LIPO position.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by S.TRIPP77
I would buy the chassis if it was offered with stock LIPO position.
Yes. It would just be a matter of adding 6 or 7 more screw holes and you could make it so it could be mounted either on the stock position or in the back position. Would be a nice option.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.