Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Genebaby
Hi guys,

Can anybody help me out with car settings, it seems I have no idea about these things.

I still consider myself a learning driver so I am thinking I need the easiest handling car, rather than what most drivers who are better run.

This is my track. Sometimes it's clay and sometimes gets a nice blue groove, like during the big event races, but otherwise it's like most outdoor clay tracks, it can be dry, dusty and loose or wet and sticky or anything in between.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ITVREnihuk

I have the first EB48 running the aluminium centre shaft. It has now got Fioroni pistons but the springs are stock series one.

Diff oils are 7 5 2, front to rear. Shock oils I just put 30 in the rear and 35 in the front on the new pistons.

Everything else, sway bars etc is stock.

Any thoughts on what oils/springs etc would be good for a track like mine?
The 1/8 Electric Nationals this year were similar to the conditions you described. Here's a setup I used for this event. It really makes the car quite easy to drive and gives it a lazy feel rather than twitchy.

If you don't have the +1.5 rear hinge pin brace, I would recommend checking it out.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Z...it?usp=sharing
Old 01-19-2014, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Afun you should call Aaron up this week. He showed me the metal brace he made for the diff case and it seems to help. He also took a two part glue called plastic steel and glued the brace into the case. Then screwed in a couple of screwed like Rc geezer did.

I've been coating mine in super glue since the toys for tot race but it finally cracked enough this weekend that i'm going to replace it. I've already coated the new case in super glue near the top. Not sure if i'm going to be to come to the race next weekend but hope to if there is enough room left and don't have to work.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by GaMudDawg
Afun you should call Aaron up this week. He showed me the metal brace he made for the diff case and it seems to help. He also took a two part glue called plastic steel and glued the brace into the case. Then screwed in a couple of screwed like Rc geezer did.

I've been coating mine in super glue since the toys for tot race but it finally cracked enough this weekend that i'm going to replace it. I've already coated the new case in super glue near the top. Not sure if i'm going to be to come to the race next weekend but hope to if there is enough room left and don't have to work.
I was thinking of ordering the .1 case and bearings and just using that for the race. I don't know if the .1 case has the same issues. Can anyone answer this?
Old 01-19-2014, 07:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Herwig
The 1/8 Electric Nationals this year were similar to the conditions you described. Here's a setup I used for this event. It really makes the car quite easy to drive and gives it a lazy feel rather than twitchy.

If you don't have the +1.5 rear hinge pin brace, I would recommend checking it out.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Z...it?usp=sharing
Thanks, lazy and calm is probably what I'm after rather than twitchy.

Any idea which Tekno springs would be like the Serpent ones?

I have the +1.5 brace in my parts so I can use that to get 4 degrees of toe at the rear.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Thanks, lazy and calm is probably what I'm after rather than twitchy.

Any idea which Tekno springs would be like the Serpent ones?

I have the +1.5 brace in my parts so I can use that to get 4 degrees of toe at the rear.
Check out the Green Front Springs and Purple Rear Springs. They are not exact but similar.

Front - http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr6036-...1-5x8-5t-70mm/

Rear - http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr6056-...t-80mm-purple/
Old 01-19-2014, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Precision1
Are there any updates or solution yet Tekno RC?

Seems like the problem is not going away.

Please don't make the customer pay to replace yet another defective part on a $500+ kit. I am going to start charging Tekno a labor rate for all the times I have pulled this car apart just to replace brand new poor quality parts (which I have also had to pay for).
Outdrives, diffs, wobbly center drives, and now rear cases......

Booooo!

Good customer support is not just the result of clear and honest communication, but also acknowledging problems and implementing adequate corrective action.

Seems like Tekno RC has a history of releasing products that were not quite ready for mass production.
Does Tekno RC utilize a Production Part Approval Process?
Need any help setting one up w/ Asian vendors?
Takes some work, but would all but eliminate problems like this.
I'll trade you for (good) product!
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you've never owned a Losi or a Durango....
Old 01-19-2014, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Herwig
Check out the Green Front Springs and Purple Rear Springs. They are not exact but similar.

Front - http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr6036-...1-5x8-5t-70mm/

Rear - http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr6056-...t-80mm-purple/
Thanks, I have those on my next order now.

No rear bar also? A very good driver at our track (25 years experience, onroad and off) was mucking about with his car and took both his sway bars off. Didn't stop him from kicking our butts, and he said he didn't mind it.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cpt_RedBeard
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you've never owned a Losi or a Durango....
umm I'm going to go out on a limb and say most people have owned a Losi or Durango or AE at some point if they have been around racing for a while. Not sure what that has to do w/ anything :P
Old 01-19-2014, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

What spares should I carry besides arms?
Old 01-19-2014, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Afun
I was thinking of ordering the .1 case and bearings and just using that for the race. I don't know if the .1 case has the same issues. Can anyone answer this?
The .1 case did not have that issue.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mxer59
What spares should I carry besides arms?
Shock shafts and hinge pins...always...for any 1/8...
Old 01-19-2014, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BLbound
I'd keep a couple of axle shafts too. That and front a-arms are the two things I have broken the most off.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BLbound
Front hub/spindle and a front shock tower and maybe a rear diff case cause of the current issue. Do u got a alum servo horn?? I got one on order not for bling but durability an spur gear.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Precision1
Are there any updates or solution yet Tekno RC?

Seems like the problem is not going away.

Please don't make the customer pay to replace yet another defective part on a $500+ kit. I am going to start charging Tekno a labor rate for all the times I have pulled this car apart just to replace brand new poor quality parts (which I have also had to pay for).
Outdrives, diffs, wobbly center drives, and now rear cases......

Booooo!

Good customer support is not just the result of clear and honest communication, but also acknowledging problems and implementing adequate corrective action.

Seems like Tekno RC has a history of releasing products that were not quite ready for mass production.
Does Tekno RC utilize a Production Part Approval Process?
Need any help setting one up w/ Asian vendors?
Takes some work, but would all but eliminate problems like this.
I'll trade you for (good) product!
I have followed the diff case breakage in this post. I'm not sure what is going on with it but here in omaha there are 15 to 20 teknos that race here and not one has broke a rear diff case. Even with the cold that we have had noone has broke anything until this past weekend. One guy broke an arm. In my opinion I don't think there is a problem, I think it is user error. All the kits I have ever owned I have never had a part just break. There was always a reason that something broke.

Make sure your not causing the breakage before pointing fingers at the manufacturer and demand that they fix it in a week. If there was an issue they will find it a fix it as fast as they can. If thats not good enough for you then don't run your buggy till they get it fix to your satisfaction.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Can anybody help me out with car settings, it seems I have no idea about these things.

I still consider myself a learning driver so I am thinking I need the easiest handling car, rather than what most drivers who are better run.

This is my track. Sometimes it's clay and sometimes gets a nice blue groove, like during the big event races, but otherwise it's like most outdoor clay tracks, it can be dry, dusty and loose or wet and sticky or anything in between.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ITVREnihuk

I have the first EB48 running the aluminium centre shaft. It has now got Fioroni pistons but the springs are stock series one.

Diff oils are 7 5 2, front to rear. Shock oils I just put 30 in the rear and 35 in the front on the new pistons.

Everything else, sway bars etc is stock.

Any thoughts on what oils/springs etc would be good for a track like mine?
That track looks like a lot of fun. Try what T. suggested but I think the best way to get setup help is to drive the car, post the setup, and explain what you don't like (want more steering off power) or what you'd like it to do (back slides out coming out of turns, too twitchy, etc.)

Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.