Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sstoffer
As Ramos posted in the SCT410 thread we wrapped up the WRL series at CRCRC. Eli and I managed to get EB48’s into the top 5 for the series. I personally had hoped to do a little better in the last race but had a servo fail that pulled hard to the left and wouldn’t turn all the way right for the whole main which made consistent laps on the track a little tough. Eli tq'ed and finished second.

A few weeks ago I finished 2nd overall another NE Ohio series that featured two very different type of tracks. One that used slicks and one that we used full pins outdoor type tires. I won a race at each of the tracks proving the buggy works on any surface.

A lot more Tekno’s have been showing up at the local tracks and it seems that E-Scale is going to be a big class around here this summer, looking forward to it.

Great job guys!!! Way to represent!
Old 04-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gene158
Just finished building my buggy! I'm still waiting on my motor and esc. I hope I get them this week because I'm dying to drive this thing. I went with a plain white body for now. Larry from kustomrcgraphics is painting a body for me but that's gonna take a few weeks at least.
Nice,larry is a great painter,i raced with him and his son this weekend they are some cool people.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well I qualified 2nd in SC yesterday at G`s Raceway in PA. and finished 2nd, the truck was good, but the driver wasn't.
I also ran my EB-48, I qualified 3rd. and Won. The buggy jumped great and turned awesome. I moved the rear hubs all the way forward and took the rear toe to 2.5. With the help of my VP PRO tires I was hooked up and the buggy felt like it was in the track...............on another note I saw another guy running the buggy and he broke a shock tower, have any of you seen this before? I was truly shocked!
Paul Rush
Old 04-15-2013, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)

++2 Larry is the best painter... Wait until I post mine!!
Old 04-15-2013, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Need a recommendation from some of the experienced racers. I'm about to order my buggy and I'd like to order the proper pistons / springs / sway bars for my track at the same time. Rarely does a kit setup work on my track. It's a fairly large outdoor track, very hard packed, very dusty, and rutted something fierce.
I'm not sure what to order since I don't know what comes in the box. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for the help
Old 04-15-2013, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Well I qualified 2nd in SC yesterday at G`s Raceway in PA. and finished 2nd, the truck was good, but the driver wasn't.
I also ran my EB-48, I qualified 3rd. and Won. The buggy jumped great and turned awesome. I moved the rear hubs all the way forward and took the rear toe to 2.5. With the help of my VP PRO tires I was hooked up and the buggy felt like it was in the track...............on another note I saw another guy running the buggy and he broke a shock tower, have any of you seen this before? I was truly shocked!
Paul Rush
Yes...someone posted a pic a while back of one snapped in half
Old 04-15-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hinecken
Need a recommendation from some of the experienced racers. I'm about to order my buggy and I'd like to order the proper pistons / springs / sway bars for my track at the same time. Rarely does a kit setup work on my track. It's a fairly large outdoor track, very hard packed, very dusty, and rutted something fierce.

If I recall correct, I think the vehicle comes with 1.2 x 10 hole pistons? You may find a piston switch can benefit, going to the 1.3 x 8 holes. If Tekno is out of stock, Kyosho white ones fit fine, those are what I am using.

For springs, you may find a benefit to mirroring Austin Blairs setup. I don't recall if Tekno has the weights the same as he used available, but a variety of manufacturers have springs close to what he used his vehicle. For me, I went Hot Bodies White 60mm springs up front (4.54 lbs-in) and Hot Bodies Blue 76mm springs on the rear (3.53 lbs-in). These fit nice, and are a bit shorter than some other springs out there to get some more ride height adjustment room if needed.

Xray springs in the Grey-Blue Fronts (4.568 lbs) and Blue Rears (3.4831 lbs-in) also work on the buggy. These are what I had originally on, albeit, more expensive.

You may also want to pick up a variety of sway bars as well.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If i'm running the stock 10 hole pistons. If I flip them is there a big difference in pack or will it be the same?? Or should I run thicker oil?
Old 04-15-2013, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain
If I recall correct, I think the vehicle comes with 1.2 x 10 hole pistons? You may find a piston switch can benefit, going to the 1.3 x 8 holes. If Tekno is out of stock, Kyosho white ones fit fine, those are what I am using.

For springs, you may find a benefit to mirroring Austin Blairs setup. I don't recall if Tekno has the weights the same as he used available, but a variety of manufacturers have springs close to what he used his vehicle. For me, I went Hot Bodies White 60mm springs up front (4.54 lbs-in) and Hot Bodies Blue 76mm springs on the rear (3.53 lbs-in). These fit nice, and are a bit shorter than some other springs out there to get some more ride height adjustment room if needed.

Xray springs in the Grey-Blue Fronts (4.568 lbs) and Blue Rears (3.4831 lbs-in) also work on the buggy. These are what I had originally on, albeit, more expensive.

You may also want to pick up a variety of sway bars as well.
Thanks! Do you remember which springs and sway bars are included in the kit? Want to make sure I don't end up with 2 of the same.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks! Do you remember which springs and sway bars are included in the kit? Want to make sure I don't end up with 2 of the same.
the kit comes with yellow springs f/r, 2.3mm swaybar front, 2.4mm rear
Old 04-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You might want to look at CSI pistons. Another guy on here turned me onto them. I must say i was really surprised how well they were working out. Im running the Blue right now. For springs, I would get them all from pink up honestly. Stock yellow springs worked out at a large outdoor track that sounds like something like yours. Sway bars....got them all and i still run 2.4 rear and bounce 2.2-2.3 up front
Old 04-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The updated front skid from Tbone Racing turned up yesterday. Installed, no dramas. Would have been nice to have had it installed from the start, but it's only seen two days at the track, still early days.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

has anyone tried a spectrum s8000 steering servo? my savox 1256 took a dump with only 4 packs thru it,something inside let go,first one i have that failed. the spectrum is very tall and i think i will have body interference issues,i have the linkage under the servo horn but im not sure that will work when the alum horn gets installed...
Old 04-15-2013, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Subscribing....
Old 04-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dont Hack Me
You might want to look at CSI pistons. Another guy on here turned me onto them. I must say i was really surprised how well they were working out. Im running the Blue right now. For springs, I would get them all from pink up honestly. Stock yellow springs worked out at a large outdoor track that sounds like something like yours. Sway bars....got them all and i still run 2.4 rear and bounce 2.2-2.3 up front
I was looking at those. They describe the black ones a being for my track. I think I'm going to try the other pistons Tekno offers first

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.