Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated SC10.2 4wd

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

Bumping up the thread.

I'm aiming to place Proline's True Scale Ford Raptor shell on my RTR RC8.2e. Even on the SC10 and Slash, extended body mounts are required for the Raptor shell, mounts that Proline sells.

A few things I don't understand:

1) Do I have to use different shock towers for this conversion? Why can't I just get T Bone Racing bumpers for the SC8? I would think they just mount up from four screws on the bottom and then snow-plow all the way up to the front (or rear, for the rear bumper). I don't understand what those holes in the carbon shock towers are for. Are they neccesary?

I was going to buy TBR bumpers anyway so for this conversion if I can get away with keeping my stock aluminum towers, that would be great.

2) Someone mentioned that SC10 body mounts would also work and have some advantages over the SC8. Is this true? Or does none of this matter to me if I'm going to be using a shell that requires extended body mounts?

Last edited by Yello; 09-06-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What is the hinge pin mod?
Old 09-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Tech Legend

Personally not the best when it comes to design or engineering .

But feel just a stiffer material for some of the parts would bring a huge improvement in handing ...
Old 09-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Personally not the best when it comes to design or engineering .

But feel just a stiffer material for some of the parts would bring a huge improvement in handing ...
What are you talking about?!?
Old 09-08-2013, 11:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just a little FYI for anyone out there thinking about doing this conversion. I have a tekno converted 8.2 that I did this on. Was racing the car as a buggy, but I race weekly at an indoor 1/10 scale track so changed it over. The SNR towers are nice, but to anyone that isn't looking to drop $80 here is an idea for you. I purchased AE 4x4 body mounts. Use the rear body mount on the front and the front on the rear. (they just worked better that way for me) I drilled two wholes in the rear body mount that lined up with my front shock tower shock standoffs and bolted it on. In the back I used some small aluminum pipe (standoffs for sc10.1 2wd aluminum rear body mount) and I drilled wholes in the other body mount (technically the front) and made two wholes in my rear shock tower. Was very easy and at $10 was much more in my price range. Hopefully that is helpful to someone out there.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:49 AM
Tech Regular

can you post a pic of that?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by DoogieLee
What are you talking about?!?
TalkN bout the Ae version of the Sc10.2 4x4 ....
Old 09-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yello
Bumping up the thread.

I'm aiming to place Proline's True Scale Ford Raptor shell on my RTR RC8.2e. Even on the SC10 and Slash, extended body mounts are required for the Raptor shell, mounts that Proline sells.

A few things I don't understand:

1) Do I have to use different shock towers for this conversion? Why can't I just get T Bone Racing bumpers for the SC8? I would think they just mount up from four screws on the bottom and then snow-plow all the way up to the front (or rear, for the rear bumper). I don't understand what those holes in the carbon shock towers are for. Are they neccesary?

I was going to buy TBR bumpers anyway so for this conversion if I can get away with keeping my stock aluminum towers, that would be great.

2) Someone mentioned that SC10 body mounts would also work and have some advantages over the SC8. Is this true? Or does none of this matter to me if I'm going to be using a shell that requires extended body mounts?
Hey there. I can't say much for that Proline body your trying run but I don't see why it wouldn't work with a little fab work.
The TBone bumpers are bullet proof and will mate up perfectly regardless of what shock towers you use.

On the topic of shock towers...
Originally Posted by braden4w
Just a little FYI for anyone out there thinking about doing this conversion. I have a tekno converted 8.2 that I did this on. Was racing the car as a buggy, but I race weekly at an indoor 1/10 scale track so changed it over. The SNR towers are nice, but to anyone that isn't looking to drop $80 here is an idea for you. I purchased AE 4x4 body mounts. Use the rear body mount on the front and the front on the rear. (they just worked better that way for me) I drilled two wholes in the rear body mount that lined up with my front shock tower shock standoffs and bolted it on. In the back I used some small aluminum pipe (standoffs for sc10.1 2wd aluminum rear body mount) and I drilled wholes in the other body mount (technically the front) and made two wholes in my rear shock tower. Was very easy and at $10 was much more in my price range. Hopefully that is helpful to someone out there.
Not a bad "frugal racer" option. Nothing wrong there. But I will vouch for the SnR towers and chassis. Minus a few scratches mine are no worse for wear from when I first put them on. Plus there was no fab work needed. Just used my extra set of SC10 4x4 mounts and and hex screw and nut. I've got pics on here some pages back and also some video at the track a page back.
I will say that the AE SC8 towers are also a great fit too.
I have since converted mine back to a buggy so I I have the SnR graphite towers and chassis for sale. Anyone interested PM me for info as I do not have an add posted up yet.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jamr1130
Hey there. I can't say much for that Proline body your trying run but I don't see why it wouldn't work with a little fab work.
The TBone bumpers are bullet proof and will mate up perfectly regardless of what shock towers you use.
Cool. Thanks for the input. I'm going to love the truck more than the buggy once I get it built, if I do.

Originally Posted by braden4w
Yes, please post pictures. It's hard to make out what you mean in a case like this.

But you gave me an idea -- brake lines, from an auto parts store, with holes drilled out and then fabbed into mounts and then maybe I can brace these mounts together or something for strength. I'll have to get the shell in before I see what I'll need to do.

But I'm still hoping for items that I can purchase. TBR bumpers for the SC8 are a green light for me. Now I just need to buy the mounts if I can.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just picked up an dialed in 8.2e for racing buggy and getting some help from scshawn to convert my old rc8b into sc for bashing and possibly racing.

I'll post pics once its done.

Momo
Old 02-24-2014, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Struggling with gearing.

Rx8 esc
5.5 550 tekin motor
2s lipo (70c)

I tried 11 and 15t mod 8. Do I need to go really big on this? 20+t pinion?

Momo
Old 02-25-2014, 09:09 AM
Tech Adept

You need Mod 1
how much KV does this motor have.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Around 4k kv iirc

Momo
Old 03-15-2014, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

i ran the 3800KV Castle 1410 on 2S with 46/16
currently i run 46/12 on 3S with the same motor

So with 4000 KV you should be in the range of 14-15 teeth

Some pic's from my current version
using the stock RC8B shock towers and the Atos Match+ ESC

Love this car
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated SC10.2 4wd-p1010004.jpg   Team Associated SC10.2 4wd-p1010005.jpg   Team Associated SC10.2 4wd-p1010006.jpg   Team Associated SC10.2 4wd-p1010007.jpg  
Old 10-31-2014, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys, my local hobby shop has the SC10 4wd team factory on sale. Probably because it has been discountinued. Do you know if there is going to be a new version soon? I hate to have to kick myself for buying a dated kit only for the new one to come out in a few months. I did that with the b44.2. I do really dig the SC 4wd Trucks!! Thanks!!

Gary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.