Wiki Posts
Search

losi 22 or associated b4.1?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default losi 22 or associated b4.1?

i race nitro buggies and i keep seeing the 2wd buggy class and makes me want one more each time. i am ready to get one to race but i cant decide which one. i already run losi's, but am not picky about brand i just want to get the better of the two.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have the 22 and love it. I really think it is going to be a personal preference.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking

Go with the Losi 22. i've been looking at the 22 and the 22T. Can't wait to get them both.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i had an associate sc10 and it was a pos. i couldnt keep it running properly due to transmission issues. thats the only thing that makes me weary of the b4. i like the losi a lot but i mainly see the b4's at the local races. i will say i like the 22, based on looks, better
Old 03-25-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Both are proven winners. The B4 has the more solid diff out of the box without question. The 22 requires carbide diff and thrust balls (comes with cheaper chrome-steel out of the box) to match it.

For durability and wear life, the Losi will outlast the B4 3 to 1 or more.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have driven both (I own a 22 myself) and love the 22 much more.

Then again, it all depends on the track and what the hobby shop supports.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

personal preference, I dont have any of those cars cause I only have 8th scale, but in my local track, they all have 22, so I guess majority wind right? thats just my opinion.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I raced a b4 for a year, then a b4.1 for another year until the 22 came out.

The associated was inconsistant and required constant setup changes. It got sloppy very fast. It had a lot more steering. I had faster "fastest" laps with it. It's less expensive.

The 22 is a tank, very durable. It's very consistant and has less steering. It needs shorty lipos to jump properly. I have faster overall times with it. It's more expensive.

I prefer the losi a lot more, but it will come down to prefrence.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I love when someone says go with X buggy that's what im gonna get. How can you give an opinion when you have never even owned one for a descent amount of time to evaluate the pros and cons of both. That being said.

I have ran and owned both. I ran the 22 first for about 7 months,it was my first 10th scale buggy. Its a good car but your gonna drop some $ on hopups. Where the B4 comes with all of it out of the box. I feel the 22 jumps more predictable but the B4 has a lot more steering and is much faster in the corners. Durability aspect for me is neck and neck. Only time I broke the 22 was my fault clipping the pipe. Nothing broke on the B4 yet but im sure that time I clipped the pipe neither would hold up. Alot of it depends on driving styles. Some guys prefer one over the other because it suits there driving style better. My best advice is find someone to let you do a few laps with each and see for yourself. Both are excellent choices.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8drenlnjunkE
i had an associate sc10 and it was a pos. i couldnt keep it running properly due to transmission issues. thats the only thing that makes me weary of the b4. i like the losi a lot but i mainly see the b4's at the local races. i will say i like the 22, based on looks, better
What issues were you having? I've been running one for over a year with 0 issues.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

b4.1
Old 03-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I went thru three ball diffs in my 22 in two weeks and I'm a experienced driver/mechanic, wound up switching to a 12ball diff to fix it with ae balls.
I had nothing but problems trying to get the car to drive right from traction issues to no on power steering out of corners, I had to put it away for a few months. The B4.1 rails out of the box in comparison and is a much more proven platform. I have both and my vote goes to the FTB4.1 worlds edition. They are both great buggys. The 22 is more durable IMO but If you hardley crash then it doesn't matter. I thought the 22 was going to be a game changer for me but it did nothing but make me angry. Now I'm running it mid motor to hang with the b4's in the turns and exiting the turns but traction is a serious problem for mod. Also in mid motor the smallest pinion I can get on a lrp x12 is a 17t. The fastest buggys where I run are the kyosho's
Old 03-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

owned both at one time and only own A/E stuff now, enough said.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't race buggies but I have owned a T4 Factory Team. I solded it for 22 funds but needed the money for something else. I will tell out of all the RCs I have owned only 1 I regret selling and truly miss...the T4 factory team.When it came down to it the T4 was just so solid and consistent platform and the out of box setup was hooked and quick with anything you put in it. Everywhere you go you can get parts. I missed the truck so much I bought a new T4.1 Factory Team and it will be here next week :-D. Only upgrade I did was get the robinson racing hardened aluminium diff gear thats for the GT2. It super light and very strong and can handle any brushless setup while reducing diff builds. I think I went 2years without rebuilding the diff b/c it never became gritty and never really needed adjusting after using the RR gear. Goodluck and btw both brand awesome so you can't go wrong with anything you pick.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have owned and raced both. I'm currently running the 22 and it is my preference. As many have said, the B4 has much more steering but is also very much on edge and easy to get out of control with. It is better out of the box as the 22 needs a couple things to help with on power steering. I just never felt comfortable with the B4. The 22 lands better and handles track inconsistencies better. I can consistently run my 22 without crashing and clipping pipes, but I had trouble s getting the B4 around the track consistently. Since getting the 22 I have become one of the top drivers at our track in that class. I'm not the fastest though, I just run fast enough and consistent. I also have yet to break anything other than a wheel nut on the 22. I never found the B4 to be as fragile as some say. Just don't crash repeatedly and you are fine with it. I did break a front A-arm or two but I ran it for 4 years which included my learning curve as it was my first race kit.

To sum up. I like both. I miss the steering on the B4, but for me the consistency of the 22 makes it a logical choice for me at this moment.

Either way, the 2wd buggy class is awesome! The only vehicle I can get around the track faster with is my 4wd buggy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.